Author Topic: Should i get an ipod?  (Read 1383 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Should i get an ipod?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004, 10:18:45 AM »
My pops bought me the 40gb iPod when i graduated college last december.  And let me tell you, the iPod is 10x better than i had even anticipated. I have the Belkin adaptor that everyone is talking about, where you plug it into the ipod, and it transmits to your fm radio on 1 of 4 frequencies.  My complaints on that are basically what they all said. If you use it on long trips, you'll have to change frequencies, and if the ipod slides around a lot, your quality will lack.  The interface on the ipod is the best, and i've even used itunes to buy songs, and its so damn easy once you buy the song, it transfers to your ipod instanly (with firewire anyway).  I probably have 500 cd's and i can't wait for the day that i don't have to drag them everywhere.  I only have about 100 on the ipod right now, so i still have work to do, but i can't tell you how convenient its is to have literally 1000's of songs stuffed into that little thing and listen to them whenever I want. I use it when i drive, when i work out, when i'm just chillin.  I hook it up to my home stereo and my car. I really am getting away from cd's.  While it is expensive, if you are a music fiend, you'll wonder how you used to go places but made sure you drug all your cd's with you. I highly recommend it. Peace

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2004, 04:54:56 PM »
lol
ne one kno tha cheapest place to get an ipod?

I don't know where you are at, but if you got a Costco nearby, go there.  I just saw the 40 gig iPod for $379.99 (that's $20 buck off the regular price).  Also, if you are a student, then roll on over to any Apple store (online as well) and ask for the student discount... I think you get something like $30 buck of the 40 gig ipod.

Definitely pick up the iPod... nothing out there beats it.

peace  8)

U serious they got student discounts?? I was over there today but i never knew that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2004, 05:45:03 PM »
^ye i was gonna order 1 and then realized im poor.. yea 30% student discount.. PLUS u can engrave shit.. but check out ipodlounge.com.. theres some shit there.. were people post were theres deals and shit. and people post coupons..

Sikotic™

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2004, 05:47:35 PM »
^ye i was gonna order 1 and then realized im poor.. yea 30% student discount.. PLUS u can engrave shit.. but check out ipodlounge.com.. theres some shit there.. were people post were theres deals and shit. and people post coupons..

Bless you kind sir.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jome

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2004, 06:09:04 PM »
so you mean that sony is using their own technology but you don't like it because it's not the everyday norm *cough cough UMD cough cough*  ;D

MP3 0WNS the handheld music market, Sony's ATRAC3 is too late.
There IS NO standard format, or any format at all in the handheld mini-TV disc market.. big difference.  :)

sorry but you're wrong on the second half... with portable dvd players already pretty cheap in the market along with haveing a better battery life....UMD is useless... no difference

Forgot to mention.. discs/handheld consoles that can do games/mp3/radio as well as movies (possibly DivX & other formats)..
The portable DVD market is kinda different from the one Sony's trying to get into, their priority being: games > movies > music.
All rolled into one. Really another discussion though..

What amazes me, is how brainwashed most people are when it comes to Ipod, even if there's players with better/bigger harddrives, more features, twice the battery capacity, the same browse system, better screens, etc.
Power of the media, I guess.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2004, 07:32:15 PM »
so you mean that sony is using their own technology but you don't like it because it's not the everyday norm *cough cough UMD cough cough*  ;D

MP3 0WNS the handheld music market, Sony's ATRAC3 is too late.
There IS NO standard format, or any format at all in the handheld mini-TV disc market.. big difference.  :)

sorry but you're wrong on the second half... with portable dvd players already pretty cheap in the market along with haveing a better battery life....UMD is useless... no difference

Forgot to mention.. discs/handheld consoles that can do games/mp3/radio as well as movies (possibly DivX & other formats)..
The portable DVD market is kinda different from the one Sony's trying to get into, their priority being: games > movies > music.
All rolled into one. Really another discussion though..

What amazes me, is how brainwashed most people are when it comes to Ipod, even if there's players with better/bigger harddrives, more features, twice the battery capacity, the same browse system, better screens, etc.
Power of the media, I guess.

I agree with you that there are players out there with a longer battery life or higher capacity, but they got nothing on the Apple design.  Apple always comes straight with nicely designed products.  I think that is a hugely important part of any product.  Plus combined with the ease and simplicity (not to be confused with lacking features) of iTunes... you have a nice combination to enjoy your music.

Peace  8)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2004, 07:56:42 PM »
Ive been thinkin bout gettin one,now that ive saved up enough money
im jus wonderin if ne of u guyz got one n what ur opinion of it is n if u recommend it
also is there ne other mp3players that hold as much as an ipod for a cheaper price?

Q: Should I get an iPod?
A: Yes!

...and also check out this link: http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuoteCompanyNewsArticle.jhtml?duid=mtfh27689_2004-10-12_00-39-27_n0867912_newsml

peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2004, 08:06:58 PM »
Aight im thinkin bout getting either a ipod mini  or a 15gb 3G ipod

which one do u guys think i should get ?
is the 3Generaton that much different from tha 4Generation,i kno theres a click wheel or sumthin,but how does that work and does it make that much of a difference?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2004, 08:09:50 PM »
ye dont buy old crap get the 4th gen

TuKer Says: Angeles Records is the truth!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2004, 08:35:38 PM »

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2004, 08:39:48 PM »
Aight im thinkin bout getting either a ipod mini  or a 15gb 3G ipod

which one do u guys think i should get ?
is the 3Generaton that much different from tha 4Generation,i kno theres a click wheel or sumthin,but how does that work and does it make that much of a difference?

I would not get the 3rd Gen iPod.  If you can cough up another 50 bucks... pick up the $300 4th Gen iPod instead of the mini.  Here's why:

1.  iPod mini is $250 for 4 gigs.  You get 16 extrag gigs with 50 bucks more for the 20 gig ipod.
2.  Don't buy the old 3rd Gen iPod.  The click wheel on the 4th Gen iPod is a hundred times better than the buttons on the 3rd Gen iPod.  Like I mentioned before... I bought a 1st Gen iPod and that first design was and still is the shit.  The 4th Gen iPod has returned to it OG design with the wheel, but it has been perfected (grey color, "click wheel" (the 1st and 2nd gen iPods had a "scroll wheel" with buttons right next to the wheel... the 3rd gen iPod retained the wheel, but placed the buttons on top, right underneath the screen... the current 4th gen iPod has a "click wheel" which functions as both as the buttons and the wheel)

I would buy the 20 gig 4th gen iPod if you have the cash.

good luck in the decision... let us know what you end up going with.

peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2004, 11:46:20 PM »

can u show me a link where it says 30% student discount,that would b tight

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2004, 11:49:30 PM »

can u show me a link where it says 30% student discount,that would b tight

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/routingpage.html try that

Doggystylin

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2004, 10:14:54 AM »
im gonna buy one today

Sikotic™

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2004, 02:16:40 PM »
Do you think the actual iPod stores in the malls give the same discounts?

THA SAUCE HOUSE