Author Topic: Should i get an ipod?  (Read 1386 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Should i get an ipod?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2004, 02:22:02 PM »
Do you think the actual iPod stores in the malls give the same discounts?

They do... you just gotta prove you a student.  Sometimes they place the order online and then you can pick up your order at the store.  I think they ask you for something more than your student ID... like a transcript or current class schedule... but they do offer the student discount at the retail Apple stores.

peace  8)

Sikotic™

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2004, 02:24:38 PM »

They do... you just gotta prove you a student.  Sometimes they place the order online and then you can pick up your order at the store.  I think they ask you for something more than your student ID... like a transcript or current class schedule... but they do offer the student discount at the retail Apple stores.

peace  8)

Okay no problem then. I can print them up a copy of my schedule no sweat.

I was checking out the Mac retail by my place and I think that's where I'll get it since Best Buys prices are fuckin' ridiculous. I'ma peep the Creative's too so I can see what's best for me.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 02:28:01 PM »

peace  8)

I was checking out the Mac retail by my place and I think that's where I'll get it since Best Buys prices are fuckin' ridiculous. I'ma peep the Creative's too so I can see what's best for me.

cool... give the Apple store near you a call before you head down there and simply ask about the student discount and what you need to show them so you don't waste your time.  If you end up going with the iPod, make sure to cop it from the Apple store.  Best Buy prices are crazy and they probably won't honor the student discount.

do you use iTunes to listen and organize your music collection?

Sikotic™

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2004, 02:37:30 PM »

peace  8)

I was thinking about switching to iTunes after I purchase the iPod. Is iTunes good?

cool... give the Apple store near you a call before you head down there and simply ask about the student discount and what you need to show them so you don't waste your time.  If you end up going with the iPod, make sure to cop it from the Apple store.  Best Buy prices are crazy and they probably won't honor the student discount.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2004, 02:41:28 PM »

peace  8)

I was thinking about switching to iTunes after I purchase the iPod. Is iTunes good?

if you use iTunes, then you should pick up the iPod... it's the perfect combo.

peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 02:58:35 PM »
Does apple.com prices include tax or not?

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 05:01:12 PM »
Does apple.com prices include tax or not?

nope... $299 plus tax  :(

I currently live in Boston, Massachusetts... New Hampshire is really close by (about an hour drive)... NH doesn't have any sales tax  :) ... so if I need to make an expensive purchase, I drive up there and save me some money.

I saved myself some extra cash this way when I bought my current iPod.

Anyway... sorry if you don't live near a state with a lesser sales tax... but if you do, make sure to check it out.

Peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2004, 05:17:15 PM »
im thinkin bout getting a Dell DJ 15gb Digital Jukebox cuz its onli $329 cdn for one
do u kno if this is a good mp3player??

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Jome

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2004, 05:41:15 PM »
Ahh, now I see..

Ipod have 82% of the mp3-player market in U.S., and 28% of the market in the world.
No wonder Americans are mislead and confused..

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »
^ OR.. no wonder americans are so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb... plus.. rember yall cant afford them :)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2004, 08:34:00 PM »
im thinkin bout getting a Dell DJ 15gb Digital Jukebox cuz its onli $329 cdn for one

http://www1.ca.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/dj?c=ca&cs=CADHS1&l=en&s=dhs

too be honest... I'd cough up the extra $40 U.S. and go with the 20 gig iPod.  If you know a student, you can possibly get them to buy the iPod with their student discount and you can give them the money.

I would never get the Dell (but I'm biased... I love Macs).

good luck in your decision... peace  8)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2004, 11:04:34 PM »

too be honest... I'd cough up the extra $40 U.S. and go with the 20 gig iPod.  If you know a student, you can possibly get them to buy the iPod with their student discount and you can give them the money.

I would never get the Dell (but I'm biased... I love Macs).

good luck in your decision... peace  8)

lol im now lookin at this creative one im realli not sure whitch one im gonna go wit,ill let yall kno when i get one tho,thx for all tha help n info

Jome

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2004, 04:07:20 AM »
^ OR.. no wonder americans are so smart and the rest of the world is so dumb... plus.. rember yall cant afford them :)

Naw, I'm just saying..
With 82% of the market, Apple must have done some serious campaigning to brainwash Americans.
Because Ipod sure as hell isn't a better product than e.g. the new Creative Zen. (Unless design means everything to you)

I think I'll turn this to a new thread..  :D

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2004, 07:07:11 AM »
I bought my ipod today

anyone know how to change song names on itunes easier than clicking on Get Info and changing it cause that shit would take forever.

You can change the name by simply clicking on the current track name and changing the text (the same way you would change the name of a file or folder in Windows).  You can do this with any other field.

You can also change multiple items at the same time.  For example if you want to change or correct the album name all the album tracks at the same time.  Simple highlight all the tracks you want to apply the change to and then go to "Get Info"... there you can make the changes.

Let me know if you need any more help or this don't make sense.

Peace  8)

Doggystylin

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2004, 10:21:19 AM »
isnt there any quicker way to rename them, cuz half my tracks arent tagged right, i thought there would be a way to like rename them easier, oh well, thanx for the reply man.

oh yeah, how bad is it if i drop it, i just dropped it (hardwood floor, from desk height) :stupid:

i was thinkin maybe i damaged somethin and ill find out later, and i should replace it before it goes bad
« Last Edit: October 13, 2004, 10:25:54 AM by Global Moderator »