Author Topic: Ya'll hatin on da neptunes cuz they produce snoop  (Read 905 times)

kalliweed

Ya'll hatin on da neptunes cuz they produce snoop
« on: September 25, 2002, 05:49:10 AM »
I know i'ma get alot of heat for this but face it......dre aint producin quality beats right about now.....ya'll should be glad for snoop...not because the best chemistry for snoop iz a dr.dre beat...Ya''ll gotta right to voice ur opinion but it was the same hatred timbaland got wid "snoop dogg"  which it became a big muthafuckin hit and got the whole world sayin "fa shizzle my nizzle"...dre aint the only producin that can make a bomb ass beat...remember meech wells,jelly roll,alchemist and DJ PREMIER!!!,......P.S JUST BLAZE!!! OH BOY!!......I AIN'T SAYIN ITS THE BEST SNOOP SINGLE BUT IF U LISTEN WELL IT IS A GOOD PRODUCTION....ITS A NEW ERA OF NEPTUNE BEATS....CHECK OUT GRINDIN AND WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME BY CLIPSE...IM SURE THOSE SONGS SOUND WIERD AT FIRST AND NOW ITS A BIG HIT
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: Ya'll hatin on da neptunes cuz they produce sn
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 06:55:08 AM »

I think the better question would be, why was everyone dissin' the Neptunes Until they produced a track on his (Snoop) lp, now it's coo to admit they drop gem's.

He sounded coo wit' their sound on "How many lick's (remix)" and he sound's good with this one, my beef is Snoop is losing his WEstcoast sound ImO.....something that we on the West loved about our rapper's. keepin' it Cruise for us, just like the south & East rep their shitt.
We had our star's reppin' the City of Angles & Cali.
Now they sound like everything else out there...

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

platinumk777

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 06:58:12 AM »

I think the better question would be, why was everyone dissin' the Neptunes Until they produced a track on his (Snoop) lp, now it's coo to admit they drop gem's.

Actually, it's the exact opposite for me... I was bumpin to the Neptunes until I heard this fuckin shit of a beat. Now I'm beginning to question just how good these guys are

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2002, 07:53:47 AM »
I always gave props to neptunes on this board and always got heat for it.....
in my opinion neptunes are better than Dr Dre right now, yes i said it...... look how many beats they produce in what amount of time....... now look at dre.... sits in his studio 24/7, takes a year to get something out..... then its same quality as best neptune beats....... or check out xzibit advanced... all xzibit beats are average..... and it takes much much longer to get those beats which neptunes produce faster

btw it's my opinion.....

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2002, 07:57:16 AM »
oh yea and the grinding and when was the last time was the bomb........ who else could produce such a beat? it sounds hella old school and at the same time revolutional...... i love it

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 08:01:00 AM »
I have to say that I don't think this is some of the Neptunes top work but it is still a good beat and I think that this single will still be a hit. Snoop was offbeat as fuck on the Snoop Dogg single that Timbaland produced and it still was a big hit so in theory so should this be.

Dre is getting very slow in the studio, I mean Rakim has been there two years and all he has are two unfinished tracks completed. Dre even turned down five DJ Premier beats for Rakim's album, which I can bet were probably much better quality than the ones that Dre will produce for the album. To be honest I have only been feeling about 30% of Dre's beats since he left Death Row, and I am starting to think that he is way past his best days now. It's time for Fred Wreck, Meech Wells, Battlecat and Soopafly to take over the west coast beat making and for Dre to realise that Alchemist, Primo and RZA are better beat makers than him overall.

teecee

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2002, 11:03:50 AM »
I still say fuck the Neptunes cuz most of their beats sound the same, and never change throughout the song........however, they do so many beats that i usually end up feeling some  of their shit, like 1 out of 10 songs.  Snoop and Common are two of my favourite rappers, have both recently worked with the Neptunes, yet i hate the COmmon song for some reason.  I like the Snoop song cuz the beat is nothing like their normal sound, except that the beat is so repetitive.

Peter-5150

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2002, 11:10:50 AM »

Actually, it's the exact opposite for me... I was bumpin to the Neptunes until I heard this fuckin shit of a beat. Now I'm beginning to question just how good these guys are

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2002, 11:13:17 AM »
I never had problem wit the neptunes sound they're cool and I like them sound and they're the reason im feelin Mystikal now also people are hatin on them because they worked wit N Sync and Britney ...They now how to make club song and how to match the beat wit the artist like the new Common single "Come To Me" and the Scarface "Someday" pure Dopeness,, As for the new single Wit Snoop I think that Snoopy dont match wit the beat.. The Lirics iiz tight the beat iz tight but its just not for Snoop..if u get the the instrumental and put Clipse instead of Snoop u'll see that it would sound better in ya ears .I blame Neptunes for givin that beat to Snoop they Should've give him a "I just wanna luv U" (jay z) type of beat

HairWuzEre

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Timbaland
Dr. Dre > The Neptunes
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2002, 11:32:52 AM »
The reason that The Neptunes produce so many hits is because they're constantly putting out new beats, which is also why people criticize their beats for being so similar; if you look at the timeline of The Neptunes' beats, you will see that they slowly progress and change their style, but because they put out so many beats, it's hard to notice the change (since it's very gradual for the most part).

Dr. Dre, on the other hand, goes for the "quality over quantity" approach, and takes a long time to produce his beats), and not because he's slow or whatever, but because he's a perfectionist; Dre also changes the game (beat-wise) every few years or so, (unlike The Neptunes, who haven't done anything revolutionary, even if they are really good at what they do).

That is my opinion.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: Dr. Dre > The Neptunes
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2002, 11:54:31 AM »
The reason that The Neptunes produce so many hits is because they're constantly putting out new beats, which is also why people criticize their beats for being so similar; if you look at the timeline of The Neptunes' beats, you will see that they slowly progress and change their style, but because they put out so many beats, it's hard to notice the change (since it's very gradual for the most part).

Dr. Dre, on the other hand, goes for the "quality over quantity" approach, and takes a long time to produce his beats), and not because he's slow or whatever, but because he's a perfectionist; Dre also changes the game (beat-wise) every few years or so, (unlike The Neptunes, who haven't done anything revolutionary, even if they are really good at what they do).

That is my opinion.

yea but thing is when dre drops his beats (like new xzibit album for example) they are same quality as the QUANTITY beats neptunes release

Jome

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2002, 04:34:34 PM »

He sounded coo wit' their sound on "How many lick's (remix)" and he sound's good with this one, my beef is Snoop is losing his WEstcoast sound ImO.....something that we on the West loved about our rapper's. keepin' it Cruise for us, just like the south & East rep their shitt.
We had our star's reppin' the City of Angles & Cali.
Now they sound like everything else out there...

OnE
Hatesrats 2oo2

w0rd man.
I like about 40% of Neptunes beats, but the one they did for Snoop is garbage.
Some of the fools haven't heard enough Neptunes if they think Snoops new single is dope.
Get Noreaga's latest album, there you have 5 DOPE Neptunes-beats, or get the Clipse, there's also about 4-5 DOPE Neptunes-beats.
The one they did for Snoop, ain't SHIT.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2002, 06:04:13 PM »
oh yea and the grinding and when was the last time was the bomb........ who else could produce such a beat? it sounds hella old school and at the same time revolutional...... i love it

Some people are just stupid...Anyone in the world coulda made "Grindin"...Neptunes are whack...PeacE

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2002, 06:56:09 PM »

Some people are just stupid...Anyone in the world coulda made "Grindin"...Neptunes are whack...PeacE

oh yea so why didnt they? why dont you make something like that?  ::)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2002, 06:57:46 PM »
btw for people who are interested in songs neptunes produced check out this link

http://www.startrakmusic.com/web/neptunes_all.aspx