Author Topic: B.E.T. to ban ems just lose it. Michael Jackson to sue?  (Read 1029 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: B.E.T. to ban ems just lose it. Michael Jackson to sue?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 04:34:13 PM »
Running naked?

There is no full frontal nudity.

PLANT

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 04:39:58 PM »
I could care less about this video...Just some more stupid shit Eminem tries to pull to sell records once again.  Why cant he ever just let his music speak for itself instead of acting up against all these other people.  I mean after all, does anyone on this board really like his new song?   Its a fuckin joke if you ask me, and about as "POP" as you can get...

eS El Duque

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 04:58:41 PM »
Running naked?

man, you're always looking for an arguement even when you're wrong.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 05:04:29 PM »
SGV, i see uve made it to -2000. props :P

oh and as for this topic. seems almost like em gets some controversy goin
:cow:

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/

Jome

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004, 06:22:19 PM »
In other news, MTV is dedicating a FULL day of programming to Eminem, for his birthday!!!!!  ::)

I guess somebody must have accidentally taped over your recording of "Eminem weekend" on MTV some months ago then..  ;D

DAYUM

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2004, 06:24:07 PM »
I could care less about this video...Just some more stupid shit Eminem tries to pull to sell records once again.  Why cant he ever just let his music speak for itself instead of acting up against all these other people.  I mean after all, does anyone on this board really like his new song?   Its a fuckin joke if you ask me, and about as "POP" as you can get...

i actually agree with u

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2004, 07:37:03 PM »

Okay, I don't particularly care for the song, but Rap in general is not about letting the music speak for itself. The man making the music was always more important than the music itself. Whether it be thugs proving how gangster they are, or "real MCs" who talk about how "real" they are, and how fake everyone in the mainstream is. You name me one rap artist that's puts his music before who he is as a person. Rap has been built upon selling who you are, or who you want to be, and putting the music second.

As for the Em video; of course he does this for attention and for sales. But if it ain't broke then don't fix it. He sells records, and judging by how BET and Michael are reacting he's getting attention. He got what he wanted and that's that. If you don't like it, then too bad, but would you sacrifice millions of dollars so a bunch of losers in the underground and on forums (me included) respect you? Because I wouldn't.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2004, 07:41:41 PM »
stupid shit...? thats why 2 of his records are almsot diamond.  ::)

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 09:32:15 PM »
Michael Jackson would never sue Eminem over this song.  He hates it when people say all this false stuff about him and make fun of him, but he never sues.  Think about it, every paper in the world is pushing some bullshit on M.J. each fucking week, if he was the sue happy kind, he would have made enough money to build another never neverland off of the National Enquirer alone. 

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2004, 10:20:53 PM »

it's cuz he's white..............

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2004, 04:23:38 AM »

man, you're always looking for an arguement even when you're wrong.
How am I wrong? Get that dick out your mouth fag. Eminem FINALLY got called on the shit he does. People ARE allowed to be offended at different shit than you. I don't give a fuck. I think Eminem's antics lost their flare about 5 years ago. He should've known that someone was gonna get upset at this. But, in the end, it don't matter. Teeny boppers like yourself and the rest of the TRL viewers are gonna eat this up.

I applaud BET for taking a stand on this guy. The media loves him, which I proved with MTV's celebration of his Birthday. Where's the celebration for Dre's birthday? Jay's birthday? Biggie's? Pac's? Snoop's? The dickriding was getting out of hand, BET just balanced it.

I sense all Shady/Aftermath fans are gonna start hating BET, much like the Source.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2004, 04:37:28 AM »

Okay, I don't particularly care for the song, but Rap in general is not about letting the music speak for itself. The man making the music was always more important than the music itself. Whether it be thugs proving how gangster they are, or "real MCs" who talk about how "real" they are, and how fake everyone in the mainstream is. You name me one rap artist that's puts his music before who he is as a person. Rap has been built upon selling who you are, or who you want to be, and putting the music second.

yeah, that's a point, but rap being used as a platform for self-portrayal is not necessarily something negative. Musically, it is often quite simple, but IMO it's the MC's who make those minimalistic compositions dope. I see "NY State Of Mind" and "Shook Ones Pt. II" as two of the greatest examples of how to make a (almost) perfect song, but that is to a considerable extent because of Nas/Prodigy/Havoc on the mic. If you had to listen to those beats for 5 minutes you probably wouldn't think it's that great and be annoyed by how goddamn repetitive it is

I sense all Shady/Aftermath fans are gonna start hating BET, much like the Source.

i don't give a fuck about BET or anybody else playin this new song or not cause it's wack. But the Source is a different thing because they're quite obviously corrupted and supported Benzino's attempt to push his disappointing career. They have lost all integrity and I say that as somebody who ain't been feelin the shit coming from the Shady/Aftermath camp lately alot

SGV

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2004, 05:00:13 AM »
The Source lost integrity YEARS ago. People called them out in like 98. But, fell on deaf ears, until they dissed the golden boy. This coming from someone who is KNOWN for dissing Eminem, I haven't toook The Source serious for years. Anyone who takes ANY of these mag's serious is an idiot. XXL is JUST as bad as The Source, but they're more low key about it. They diss artists ALL the time. Hell, if dedicating a majority of one of their magazines to DISSING Eminem isn't losing integrity, then I don't know what is. LOL.

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2004, 05:01:47 AM »
very good puclicity, encore 1st week platinum, go BET, thx for the publicity! fuck michael, he's sick bastard, lmao @ his nose falling off in the video ;D