Author Topic: B.E.T. to ban ems just lose it. Michael Jackson to sue?  (Read 1028 times)

Sikotic™

Re: B.E.T. to ban ems just lose it. Michael Jackson to sue?
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2004, 06:30:47 PM »
http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3606

I bet Em is gonna be kinda pissed right now. Why do people always have to make it a race issue? He makes fun of MJ and he's makin fun of the whole black community?

Exactly man, that's the only reason this is pissing me off, I could give a fuck about Eminem's situation other than that. It is not a race issue, but some ignorant stupid ass black people are turning it into one. Michael ain't even fuckin black anymore. Em is makin fun of him because HE was accused of molesting some boys, not THE BLACK COMMUNITY.

It's shit like this that proves that there will never be any equality in America because people keep pulling the racial card and causing division.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2004, 06:38:33 PM »
All in all, the entire thing is stupid. I hope they ban the damn song because it sucks so bad.
:rock:
My sentiments exactly.  This is just bringing publicity to a shitty song and that's never a good thing.

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 06:40:22 PM »
fuck michael, he's sick bastard,

:nawty:

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2004, 08:39:26 PM »
Its ridiculous for him to sue, maybe his bitch ass should stop molesting kids if he wants no one to make fun of him.  Anyways, I don't respect Eminem as much as an artist cuz he always does this first single pop bullshit to attract middle school kids to buy the record, and the rest of the album is some somber, depressing, and gritty shit.  The ironic thing is that the darker songs still do extremely well as singles, so why not just keep true to the music in the first place?

DAYUM

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2004, 08:59:46 PM »
Its ridiculous for him to sue, maybe his bitch ass should stop molesting kids if he wants no one to make fun of him.  Anyways, I don't respect Eminem as much as an artist cuz he always does this first single pop bullshit to attract middle school kids to buy the record, and the rest of the album is some somber, depressing, and gritty shit.  The ironic thing is that the darker songs still do extremely well as singles, so why not just keep true to the music in the first place?

besides the MJ part, (cus i kinda think hes innocent :-[ ) thats real talk... props for that

Trauma-san

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2004, 09:07:07 PM »

He's not suing.  It's a rumour that Geraldo Rivera started.  If you had the intelligence God gave ODB, you'd know that. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2004, 11:24:22 PM »
Geraldo needs to resign
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2004, 10:47:37 PM »
I don't see how Lil' Jon is tenny bop. His records aren't exactly the re-incanation of New Kids On The Block, whereas "Just Lose It," "My Name Is," "My Band," "Real Slim Shady" etc. EMBODY Tenny bop. Anyway...

I've seen HOMAGE paid to artists(various show), but never a FULL day dedicated to an artist for their birthday. It's one thing to get attention, it's another for a station to dickride you.

MTV doesn't come out and say they ban artists, but they don't play a lot of people. But, they banned that Booyaa T.R.I.B.E. video though, which had nothing real bad in it. Had a bunch of foos working out and partying. WOW, HOW OFFENSIVE!!!!! Yet, Eminem can portray Michael Jackson as a child molester, he can run around naked, etc.? How about you shut the fuck up Jonathan.

oh so that's what it's about ...the boo ya tribe being banned

seriously man if you think there's anything wrong or offensivewith the Just loose it video (other than the fact the song sucks) you're about as touchy as a house wife

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

SGV

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2004, 10:55:33 PM »
I never said it was offensive, did I? I said I could see why people can get offended by this and I said I applaud BET for banning it. I never said that I was offended by it. Now who's the touchy one?

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2004, 07:46:37 AM »
I never said it was offensive, did I? I said I could see why people can get offended by this and I said I applaud BET for banning it. I never said that I was offended by it. Now who's the touchy one?

What I don't get is why they didn't try and ban him for making "tasteless" jokes about all the other artists in the past. Moby, Elvis, Sunny Bono, Britney, Christina, and so on. Fuck BET, and fuck Michael, because they make it seem that they're standing up for a principle, when their just personally offended. If they want to get the video off the air because they don't like it, then fine, but don't come out and make it seem like you you're doing it for the greater good of mankind. Next time BET doesn't play the Just Lose It and plays the generic rap video, I hope Mr. Bob Johnson thinks about every girl that will develop anorexia or become bulemic, then buy breast implants, because they want to look like the girl in the video. Or all those younger girls that suck their first dick at 12 because they wanna be cool. Hanging with the current hip hop crowd is in right now, and according to 90% of the rappers played on BET, being a slut is a great thing to be.

I might buy two copies of Encore, just to spit these guys, and I swear to God, if Em caves and changes the video, I will boycott him for the rest of my days.

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2004, 08:04:05 AM »

What I don't get is why they didn't try and ban him for making "tasteless" jokes about all the other artists in the past. Moby, Elvis, Sunny Bono, Britney, Christina, and so on. Fuck BET, and fuck Michael, because they make it seem that they're standing up for a principle, when their just personally offended. If they want to get the video off the air because they don't like it, then fine, but don't come out and make it seem like you you're doing it for the greater good of mankind. Next time BET doesn't play the Just Lose It and plays the generic rap video, I hope Mr. Bob Johnson thinks about every girl that will develop anorexia or become bulemic, then buy breast implants, because they want to look like the girl in the video. Or all those younger girls that suck their first dick at 12 because they wanna be cool. Hanging with the current hip hop crowd is in right now, and according to 90% of the rappers played on BET, being a slut is a great thing to be.

I might buy two copies of Encore, just to spit these guys, and I swear to God, if Em caves and changes the video, I will boycott him for the rest of my days.

agree with pretty much all of that.  The only ones that will be offended are Jackson's fans just like fans of Moby, Elvis etc.  are the only ones that would be offended by previous Em's videos.  This video is only getting banned because Bob Johnson is an MJ fan.  In the end, it won't really matter though,  because the heavy airplay that he'll get on radio and MTV should pretty much make the song a hit.

P.S.  boo @ the "fuck Michael" comment.  He's the victim in this either way you look at it.  Even if he did sleep with little boys, there was still absolutely no reason for Em to attack him for it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2004, 11:05:46 AM »

agree with pretty much all of that.  The only ones that will be offended are Jackson's fans just like fans of Moby, Elvis etc.  are the only ones that would be offended by previous Em's videos.  This video is only getting banned because Bob Johnson is an MJ fan.  In the end, it won't really matter though,  because the heavy airplay that he'll get on radio and MTV should pretty much make the song a hit.

P.S.  boo @ the "fuck Michael" comment.  He's the victim in this either way you look at it.  Even if he did sleep with little boys, there was still absolutely no reason for Em to attack him for it.

Even if he did? C'mon man man. If Mike actually did touch those kids, then the last thing I'm worried about is a few jokes. Was there a reason for Em to attack Mike? I don't care either way, but you do. Are you speaking in a humanitarian sense or as a fan? Did you get upset at the Sunny Bono remark from the first album? Which was way more offensive than the Just Lose It video. Did you get upset at him making fun of Elvis in "Without Me"?

Here's a quote from MTV news ;

Jackson also called in to "The Steve Harvey Morning Show" on Los Angeles radio station KKBT-FM on Tuesday to complain. "I've never had a problem with Eminem," Jackson told Harvey, saying that he felt "appalled" and "angry" at his depiction in the video. "I've admired Eminem as an artist, and was shocked by this," Jackson said. "The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family and the community at large."

Is there something about Em that makes people think he won't attack people for no reason? Because MJ seems to think so. I love how he says the the video is disrespectful to the community at large. Like they give a fuck. If this was disrespectful to the community at large, then so were all those other jokes in Em's video. How come Michael Jesus didn't say anything back then? I just don't like how he tries to tie in the ideal that is in jeopardy and seems to wantt o fight for it. All he has to say is "I'm Michael Jackson, I'm rich and powerful and I don't like to be made fun of by other artists, so I will use my money and power to stop them". At least he be teliing the truth. Until then, Fuck Michael. If this were the same instance but it was a new artist making fun of Em, and he tried to stop it, then I'd say Fuck Eminem.

SGV

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2004, 01:07:01 PM »
Moby, Britney etc. do not represent BET, I doubt they care about them. But, someone like Jackson, though he doesn't look it, iss STILL a BLACK Icon. Eminem isn't even Black, so he's LUCKY to be played on BET.

BTW, MTV and BET share the same videos. So this:

I hope Mr. Bob Johnson thinks about every girl that will develop anorexia or become bulemic, then buy breast implants, because they want to look like the girl in the video. Or all those younger girls that suck their first dick at 12 because they wanna be cool. Hanging with the current hip hop crowd is in right now, and according to 90% of the rappers played on BET, being a slut is a great thing to be.

Should also be directed at MTV.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2004, 01:30:12 PM »
Moby, Britney etc. do not represent BET, I doubt they care about them. But, someone like Jackson, though he doesn't look it, iss STILL a BLACK Icon. Eminem isn't even Black, so he's LUCKY to be played on BET.

BTW, MTV and BET share the same videos. So this:

I hope Mr. Bob Johnson thinks about every girl that will develop anorexia or become bulemic, then buy breast implants, because they want to look like the girl in the video. Or all those younger girls that suck their first dick at 12 because they wanna be cool. Hanging with the current hip hop crowd is in right now, and according to 90% of the rappers played on BET, being a slut is a great thing to be.

But MTV isn't the one saying that the Eminem is stuff is bad and refuse to play it. If they were then I would direct it to them. If BET refused to play Eminem because he was white, then I wouldn't have a problem, but to say they won't play him because he's offensive is just plain stupid. Everytime I tune into BET there is something offensive. Whether it be glorifying murder, objectifying women, or whatever. These things don't offend me, but neither does the MJ jokes on Em's video. My only problem is BET trying to make it seem they're doing the right thing by not playing, and not just refusing to play because they personally don't like he's bashing Jackson. I don't even care if that was the reason, so long as they stated it. Shit, I don't evenhave a real problem. I'm just identfying Bob Johnson as a liar, or a hypocrite. Pick one.

pappy

« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2004, 01:45:53 PM »

should be directed at 95% of television