Author Topic: Wyclef Speaks On Fugees Reunion  (Read 199 times)

Wellz

• Lil Geezy
Wyclef Speaks On Fugees Reunion
« on: October 12, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »
Wyclef Speaks On Fugees Reunion
By Nolan Strong with Jigsaw
Date: 10/12/2004 12:29 pm

The Fugees reunion at Dave Chappelle’s block party in Brooklyn, New York raised fans hopes that a third album from the group was on the horizon.

If there was any remaining tension between Wyclef and group members Lauryn Hill and Pras, it wasn’t evident on the stage.

“The Fugees are like a high school band and once he put us on the stage it’s like putting the whole team out there,” Wyclef told AllHipHop.com. “We had a great time and there are going to be many more fun times.”

Wyclef, who just returned from Gonaives, Haiti helping victims of the recent flooding that occurred after hurricane Jeanne, said The Fugees actually never retired or broke up.

Despite a nasty feud with group member Pras that included several dis records, Clef said nothing was ever officially announced.

“Those words didn’t come form us, they came from the press,” Wyclef continued. “I think in time, when the energy is good and everything is right, we are going to give the people what they’ve waiting for.”

Wyclef’s latest single is the politically charged “President,” taken from his latest album, Sake Pase Presents: Welcome To Haiti Creole 101. The album celebrates Haiti’s 200th years of independence and is in stores now.

allhiphop.com

KURUPTION-81

Re: Wyclef Speaks On Fugees Reunion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:30:19 AM »
anyone got any more info on this wyclef album?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 12:52:06 PM »

I was thinking that too

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 12:47:08 AM »

I was thinking that too

i have the album...its been in stores for awhile now. most of it is in haitian.....some of it is normal wyclef stuff

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 02:13:53 AM »
bup bup!  8)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 05:29:36 AM »

I was thinking that too

i have the album...its been in stores for awhile now. most of it is in haitian.....some of it is normal wyclef stuff

interesting...you are that Luke who made a idontlikerapnomore topic and left like a year ago right? sup...

as for a Fugees reunion album, that would or i'ma say could be tight. "The Score" is still one of the best hiphop albums of the great mid-90's era. And that block party gotta have been the shit; i read Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Jill Scott, Common, Kanye West, The Roots, dead prez, Erykah Badu and maybe others were there...that's one hell of a line-up :o

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 08:06:33 PM »
yep...that was me....i havent actually listened to rap since then either....except in the last few weeks...i did keep up on a few artists and listened to them...some of the ones i've listened to for years (ie: wyclef, atmosphere, jay-z, TQ even though he's not really rap)

but yeah lately i've just felt like listening to rap....guess i'll never grow out of it lol

davida.b.

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 08:18:18 PM »
but yeah lately i've just felt like listening to rap....guess i'll never grow out of it lol

Thats the spirit LOL