Author Topic: You Might Be From British Columbia If.....  (Read 539 times)

Suga Foot

You Might Be From British Columbia If.....
« on: October 13, 2004, 11:18:45 PM »
1) You know the provincial flower (Mildew)
2) You feel guilty throwing aluminum cans or paper in the trash.
3) Use the statement "sun break" and know what it means.
4) You know more than 10 ways to order coffee.
5) You know more people who own boats than air conditioners.
6) You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
7) You stand on a deserted corner in the rain waiting for the "Walk" signal.
8) You consider that if it has no snow, it is not a real mountain.
9) You can taste the difference between Starbucks, Blendz and Time Horton's.
10) You know the difference between Chinook, Coho and Sockeye Salmon.
11) You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos and Nanaimo.
12) You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13) You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Thai food.
14) In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while only working eight-hour days.
15) You never go camping without waterproof matches and a poncho.
16) You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
17) You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sun breaks".
18) You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
19) You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show.
20) You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
21) You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
22) You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
23) You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10, but keep the socks on.
24) You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
25) You think people who use umbrellas are either wimps or tourists.
26) You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies and TV shows.
27) You buy new sunglasses every year, because you can't find the old ones after such a long time.
28) You measure distance in hours.
29) You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in your car in the same day.
30) You use a down comforter in the summer.
31) You carry jumper cables in your car and your wife knows how to use them.
32) You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit under a raincoat.
33) You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer) and Raining Again (Fall).

Not Really Funny If you don't live here or have never been here, but it's mostly true.

eS El Duque

Re: You Might Be From British Columbia If.....
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 11:20:53 AM »

6) You feel overdressed wearing a suit to a nice restaurant.
11) You know how to pronounce Squamish, Osoyoos and Nanaimo.
12) You consider swimming an indoor sport.
13) You can tell the difference between Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean and Thai food.
14) In winter, you go to work in the dark and come home in the dark - while only working eight-hour days.
16) You are not fazed by "Today's forecast: showers followed by rain," and "Tomorrow's forecast: rain followed by showers."
18) You have no concept of humidity without precipitation.
19) You know that Dawson Creek is a town, not a TV show.
20) You can point to at least two ski mountains, even if you cannot see through the cloud cover.
21) You notice "the mountain is out" when it is a pretty day and you can actually see it.
24) You have actually used your mountain bike on a mountain.
26) You recognize the background shots in your favourite movies and TV shows.
28) You measure distance in hours.
33) You know all the important seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Raining (Spring), Road Construction (Summer) and Raining Again (Fall).

LOL...all those so true

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 12:35:12 PM »
lol yea most of it iz tru

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 01:10:30 PM »
gotta love that Vancouver Vagina

eS El Duque

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 07:20:07 PM »
gotta love that Vancouver Vagina

ewww.dirty pops

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 07:24:11 PM »
Props to BC for lethal chronic, the Raskaalz, the 94 NHL Playoff run, and Bertuzzis antics  8)
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 07:25:59 PM »
shit I forgot, BC elected the first brown premier no? Dhaliwal? Plus, yall have love for NDP out there, and big ups to the Persians there.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 07:27:59 PM »
shit I forgot, BC elected the first brown premier no? Dhaliwal? Plus, yall have love for NDP out there, and big ups to the Persians there.

Love for the NDP? I thought BC was a Conservative stronghold, with the most C seats besides Alberta?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 07:33:40 PM »

Love for the NDP? I thought BC was a Conservative stronghold, with the most C seats besides Alberta?

They just recently were NDP, under Glen Campbelll no? Am I thinking of the wrong peeps, BC heads cmon in and confirm

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 07:38:53 PM »

They just recently were NDP, under Glen Campbelll no? Am I thinking of the wrong peeps, BC heads cmon in and confirm

Maybe on the Provincial level, but I thought the Conservatives won a lot of seats in the last Federal. The first ever husband-wife elected were both Conservatives and the Independent Chuck Cadman was a former CA member, but ran as an Independent and won. I could be wrong, I know Adon is involved in the BC party and he's likely more knowledgeable about it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 07:58:37 PM »
Federally we're mostly conservative, except Vancouver is Liberal. 

Provincially, we used to be NDP for a long time, under Ujjal Dosanj (who now is the health minister of Canada).  But we're now Liberal under Gordon Campbell.  Our BC Liberals are similar to the federal Conservatives tho.  It's confusing.  lol

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 08:12:41 PM »
Urban centres are rarely conservative. Toronto was overwhelmingly Liberal and has been for a while. I think Conservatives only got 3 seats in Toronto proper. NDP got more than em here i think

Dossanj thats who it was, not Dhaliwal.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 08:15:19 PM by King Tech Quadafi »

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 09:16:49 PM »
Urban centres are rarely conservative. Toronto was overwhelmingly Liberal and has been for a while. I think Conservatives only got 3 seats in Toronto proper. NDP got more than em here i think

Dossanj thats who it was, not Dhaliwal.

True, urban centres tend to drift more to the left of centre eg) Liberals and NDP.

Interesting fact: This is one of the first times Ontario has voted the same federally and provincially. Typically when we have a PC provincial party we vote Liberal. Look at the last time Ontario voted federal PC, when the NDP was in power. Harris (PC) took Ontario and then we voted Liberal. For some reason we voted in McGuinty and Martin. Strange how the pattern diverted.

Paris

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2004, 05:56:27 PM »
BCz the best place 2 live at...the Vancouver Areaz corrupt as fuck...u can go 2 any park n smoke weed and no1 says shit no more
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2004, 05:28:51 AM »
17) You cannot wait for a day with "showers and sun breaks".
22) You put on your shorts when the temperature gets above 5, but still wear your hiking boots and parka.
23) You switch to your sandals when it gets about 10, but keep the socks on.
29) You often switch from "heat" to "a/c" in your car in the same day.
30) You use a down comforter in the summer.

never been to BC, but i can really feel these from other places i know :D