Author Topic: Benzino joins in on the whole EM and MJ thing  (Read 575 times)

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
Benzino joins in on the whole EM and MJ thing
« on: October 14, 2004, 02:53:47 PM »
Daily Hip-Hop News:
Benzino Condemns Eminem MiJac Spoof
Thursday - October 14, 2004
by B. Easy

The Source's CEO Benzino has co-signed BET's decision to pull the latest Eminem's video "Just Lose It" from rotation.

The first single and video from Eminem's upcoming album, Encore, pokes fun of Michael Jackson. In one scene, Eminem wears Jackson's trademark red leather jacket with kids bouncing around on a bed and raps: "Come here little kiddie, on my lap, guess who's back with a brand new rap. And I don't mean rap as in a case of child molestation."

"For too long influential people in the hip-hop community have stood by Eminem while he has made a mockery of the culture that inspires and motivates our young people to achieve and be proud of their black heritage," said Benzino. "I am proud of both Robert Johnson of BET for pulling the video, and for comedian Steve Harvey for urging MTV and VH1 to do the same. We as the leaders in the Hip-Hop community and music industry need to step up and realize that Eminem's lyrics and actions are tearing down the very culture that people like Doug E. Fresh, Slick Rick, and Public Enemy have built from the ground up. I urge all members of hip-hop to come out and support Jackson, one of the most important, cultural icons of our time. No one should stand behind this mockery and only by supporting the airplay of "Just Lose It" are we giving Eminem a way out."

The Source is demanding that the song "Just Lose It" be pulled from Eminem's upcoming album and to apologize publicly to Michael Jackson.

Eminem's album Encore drops November 16th. The Source Awards are scheduled to air on BET on November 30.

LOL oh lord, here we go again

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Benzino joins in on the whole EM and MJ thing
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 02:58:53 PM »
I hope they pull "Just Lose It" from the album just for the sake that the album will be better but I don't want these clowns to think they "won".
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 03:07:43 PM »
benzino is just an attention whore...

that MJ parody is a widely accepted view of MJ...

why isnt he there when someone else does it?

SGV

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »
^^^Cuz this helps him in his quest to paint Eminem as David Duke.

Nonetheless, I sense another round between Em and Benzino.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 03:14:01 PM »
exactly anyone who acts like the video should be banned because it's offensive or that Em is racist for making fun of MJ is an asshole and a moron and shouldnt have any say in any type of business or anything at all for that matter.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 03:21:47 PM »
lol. no surprise in seeing benzino jumping on this shit.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »
"For too long influential people in the hip-hop community have stood by Eminem while he has made a mockery of the culture that inspires and motivates our young people to achieve and be proud of their black heritage," said Benzino.

well he actually had a good point
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 04:08:08 PM »
"For too long influential people in the hip-hop community have stood by Eminem while he has made a mockery of the culture that inspires and motivates our young people to achieve and be proud of their black heritage," said Benzino.

eminem has mad a mockery of the culture? lyrics of shooting and killing and drug dealing definately inspires and motivates young people to be proud of benzino.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 04:10:54 PM »
on a side note - does anyone else find it funny that benzino only has fans because they don't like eminem either

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 04:14:30 PM »

He didn't cause this is the first time Em did that. Britney, Mobdy and them didn't exactly motivate any young people to do or be anything about their black heritage did they

As for the video Em's stupid for that one but oh well..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2004, 04:34:17 PM »

eminem has mad a mockery of the culture? lyrics of shooting and killing and drug dealing definately inspires and motivates young people to be proud of benzino.

exactly. and besides, we all know benzino don't give a fuck what his points are, his purpose is bashing Em and getting some attention throught that

SGV

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2004, 04:34:42 PM »
on a side note - does anyone else find it funny that benzino only has fans because they don't like eminem either
I liked Benzino when he was apart of Almighty RSO(early 90s) and the Made Men(late 90s, early 2000s). I'm not too fond of his solos, but he's been killing shit with The Untouchables. So...No.

BTW, Benzino's production >>>>>>>>>>>>> Eminem's production.

Sikotic™

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2004, 04:39:03 PM »
Benzino is a penis
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

davida.b.

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2004, 05:12:44 PM »

I liked Benzino when he was apart of Almighty RSO(early 90s) and the Made Men(late 90s, early 2000s). I'm not too fond of his solos, but he's been killing shit with The Untouchables. So...No.

Yeah, I'm with you for that, but are kidding about the Untouchables?? I mean, they fucking suck worse than Benzino. They're carbon copy versions of Mobb Deep, style wise.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2004, 05:52:52 PM »
He needs some way to promote The Source
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden