Author Topic: You Can Kiss KRS-1's Career Goodbye  (Read 907 times)

Suga Foot

Re: You Can Kiss KRS-1's Career Goodbye
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
even b4 he said this, it was common knowledge to hip hop heads kris parker wasnt all there.

Ever since the first time I saw him on Rapcity trying to be political, I thought he was fuckin nuts.  Now I realize I'm right.

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2004, 03:35:39 PM »
The funniest thing about this idiot is, he goes around saying charged things, then says "yall don't understand me"... the only reason he said them was to get some contraversy going. 

You can't go around and say "I fuck dead bodies"....... and then say "No, that was taken out of context, let me explain what I mean when I say I fuck dead bodies".  You can't say "I want to murder my wife" and then say "no, I was surprised to read the paper and find that I said I wanted to murder my wife.  What I really meant was"...

Stupid motherfucker, if he says something, he should at least have the balls to stand behind it.  He's a fag, and his career has been over for 20 years.  He's a failure at what he was once a slight success at.  How said is that? 

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2004, 04:18:20 PM »
What a wide nosed bitch
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2004, 03:43:29 PM »
^ yeah man, thats wack

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2004, 04:23:11 PM »
I've lost a lot of respect for Krs-One. I didn't cheer 911 and I don't know a single black person who cheered that shit.

Krs-One does not speak for black people. Krs-One does not speak for hip hop. He is a washed up pseudo-intellectual arrogant windbag who talks just to hear himself speak. Whatever point he did make was lost with his unbelievable idiotic comments and his off-the-chart ego.

The fact is, no one has been checking for him since '94 and no one really gives a fuck about what he has to say. God of rap? Give me a fucking break. Krs-One is hip hop? Shut the fuck up. Chuck D is hip hop. Ice-T is hip hop. Grandmaster Flash is hip hop. Afrika Bambataa is hip hop. Rakim is hip hop. Krs-One is a washed up old faggot that no one gives a fuck about. No one appointed him the guardian of hip hop. No one made him the spokesperson for hip hop. Remember when he made that song Rapture dissing rappers like Puffy, then he did a remix with Puffy? What a hypocritical piece of shit. Krs, don't say you speak for me because you don't. Fuck you.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2004, 04:32:35 PM »

You can't go around and say "I fuck dead bodies"....... and then say "No, that was taken out of context, let me explain what I mean when I say I fuck dead bodies".  You can't say "I want to murder my wife" and then say "no, I was surprised to read the paper and find that I said I wanted to murder my wife.  What I really meant was"...

you just don't get the point. He didn't say HE was happy that it happened. WHen he talked about "we were cheering" he's refering to the hiphop community looking at the companies in the building. Not the people but the companies. That point of view is simply not considering that people were in that building that's why it is an unacceptable point of view on the WHOLE tragedy, including all the people that lost their lives and he says that himself. Simply saying you cheered when something happened that peeps lost their lifes over is "crazy" as he put it himself.

I'd only be repeatin what I wrote before so ima just quote
NOT saying they[the people] don't matter, they're simply not part of this point of view. (e.g., if it's your job to estimate the costs caused by an accident you don't need to consider how many people died in it cause it's not your job at the time. That doesn't mean you don't care about these people)

from his point of view as a person he found the attacks to be as terrible as everybody else thought they were

"I was just as saddened as everyone else on 911."

"of course a lot of our friends and family were lost there as well"

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2004, 10:00:34 PM »

you just don't get the point. He didn't say HE was happy that it happened. WHen he talked about "we were cheering" he's refering to the hiphop community looking at the companies in the building. Not the people but the companies. That point of view is simply not considering that people were in that building that's why it is an unacceptable point of view on the WHOLE tragedy, including all the people that lost their lives and he says that himself. Simply saying you cheered when something happened that peeps lost their lifes over is "crazy" as he put it himself.

YOU CANT GO AROUND SAYING CONTRAVERSIAL SHIT, THEN TRY AND EXPLAIN IT AWAY.  He could have just said

"Well, I'm not concerned about the companies that were in the building, I think many of them were racist." or something.  Why say "I CHEERED" fuck him, fuck his, fuck you, fuck whoever cheered.  You're all a bunch of pricks for that.  There's no explaining away an asshole's remarks. 

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 10:24:29 AM »

YOU CANT GO AROUND SAYING CONTRAVERSIAL SHIT, THEN TRY AND EXPLAIN IT AWAY.  He could have just said

"Well, I'm not concerned about the companies that were in the building, I think many of them were racist." or something.  Why say "I CHEERED" fuck him, fuck his, fuck you, fuck whoever cheered.  You're all a bunch of pricks for that.  There's no explaining away an asshole's remarks. 

You can't go around saying fuck somebody when you're not only too retarded to get what he really meant but actually too ignorant to even read it.
And yet again you prove your considerable lack of intelligence and text comprehension when you imply that I said I cheered. KRS cheered for the reason that he thinks it's damaging the companies he's talking about, I don't think it has any effect on their power and the way they controle the hiphop industry so I didn't cheer from that point of view, I simply didn't give a fuck. Repetition of the previously written for the simple-minded: Whether you cheered, cried or laughed your ass off from that point of view does not express your feelings to towards the attacks in general. All it does express is your feelings towards the companies in the building and your estimation of what effect the attacks have on these companies. The people in the building don't have a single thing to do with that point of view. KRS thought the attacks would damage the companies in the building so from that point of view he cheered because from that point of view no people were in the building so there's no reason to be said. Now the fact of the matter is there were people in it so the attacks as a whole with all their consequences are in KRS' oppinion horrible and nothing to be glad about.

All he did is express a seperated point of view on ONE aspect of the attacks (the business aspect). That doesn' take ANYTHING away from the fact that he is as said as everybody else that 911 happened cause people did die.

If a bomb kills a whole lotta people including

1.a tyran who controlled the whole country and 
2.your parents

You are sad and wish it wouldn't have happened, yet, thinking about the political aspect only you do cheer at the fact that the country's now free.

Now if you were asked about your political opinion on what happened you could say "I cheered when the tyran's oppression was blown away" even if you actually cried when it happened cause your parents and other peeps died. It doesn't mean you literally cheered, it only means you would have cheered if that was the only effect of what happened and since you currently speak about the political aspect only, you also express your reaction to the political aspect only. Your reaction to the end of the tyran's oppression = cheering.
 And that is exactly what KRS did

"My intent is never to demean or disrespect anyone’s loss or gain; and of course I did not literally “cheer when 911 happened”. I made an objective statement about the feelings of those who were oppressed by world trade policies. I was just as saddened as everyone else on 911. "

You might call KRS a fool for saying it in a way that's easy to interpretate wrongly, especially whithout the context BUT you can not call him fucked up for having that opinion cause there is NOTHING wrong or even offensive about the opinion.

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 03:01:40 AM »
He's trying to change the story cuz he's afraid to get killed
FUck anyone who believes he didnt say it
FUCk KRs-One even harder

pz

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2004, 03:40:27 AM »
He's trying to change the story cuz he's afraid to get killed
FUck anyone who believes he didnt say it
FUCk KRs-One even harder

pz

lol are you slow ? he never said he didn't say it, it's just nothing wrong with the way he said it, I explained it in the post right above yours so it shouldn't be that hard

oh well.. :
All he did is express a seperated point of view on ONE aspect of the attacks (the business aspect). That doesn' take ANYTHING away from the fact that he is as said as everybody else that 911 happened cause people did die.

If a bomb kills a whole lotta people including

1.a tyran who controlled the whole country and 
2.your parents

You are sad and wish it wouldn't have happened, yet, thinking about the political aspect only you do cheer at the fact that the country's now free.

Now if you were asked about your political opinion on what happened you could say "I cheered when the tyran's oppression was blown away" even if you actually cried when it happened cause your parents and other peeps died. It doesn't mean you literally cheered, it only means you would have cheered if that was the only effect of what happened and since you currently speak about the political aspect only, you also express your reaction to the political aspect only. Your reaction to the end of the tyran's oppression = cheering.
 And that is exactly what KRS did

"My intent is never to demean or disrespect anyone’s loss or gain; and of course I did not literally “cheer when 911 happened”. I made an objective statement about the feelings of those who were oppressed by world trade policies. I was just as saddened as everyone else on 911. "

You might call KRS a fool for saying it in a way that's easy to interpretate wrongly, especially whithout the context BUT you can not call him fucked up for having that opinion cause there is NOTHING wrong or even offensive about the opinion.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2004, 11:30:06 AM »
while he might have some points, there is no excuse for the shit the Daily News quoted. And his fuckin response as to how he was 'taken out of context' doesn't provide any excuse either. It's not only cynical, but also straight up dumb to claim 9/11 was 'justice for black people' especially when your main point is racial prejudice towards blacks by WTC security. that's so fuckin blown outta proportion, think about it, 6,000 lives were lost and that includes several black lives from what i know. again, that is cynical and fuckin stupid at the same time. And it still is if you consider it 'retaliation' for the black people and injustice towards them not particularly related to the WTC, because saying that goes against christian beliefs and promoting peace and unity and seeing any kind of 'justice' in such an act (when you consider yourself a religious or religiously inspired 'spiritual minded' 'preacher') is HIGHLY ambivalent, contradictory and fuckin stupid. KRS is a punk

and what bothers me too is his incredibly presumptous and self-righteous approach to everything. He seems to be absolutely incapable of getting rid of his cockiness for a second (let alone reconsider his views instead of attacking anybody who might not share them), pointing out what a truth-speaking poet and philosopher he is various times. "I'm no. 1, oops sorry i lie, I'm no. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5". He already gets on my nerves compulsively including shit like that in political songs and messages, but in this context it gets sickening. Cocky ass bastard

i'm not even defending the media, nor the way blacks are treated or anything. KRS points out true things, but 9/11 was/is not justice for anything or anybody (on a side note, DEFINITELY not for muslims as they suffered most from the consequences) and anybody within the hiphop community of a halfway decent intellect who really wants peace should agree on that. if not, he/she'd have to come up with hella better points than KRS. It's a shame

My thoughts exactly. Like I said earlier, I don't know a single black person who cheered that shit. I think the only person who cheered this was Bush, Cheney and their cohorts since now they have a ready made excuse to wreak havoc and reap the profits.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2004, 12:07:43 PM »
I think you people are too dramatical, yea it was a pretty nasty thing to say, and yea KRS is pretty much hungry for controversy right now, but that doesn't change the fact KRS is one of the most important veterans as far as rap goes,  Criminal Minded was one of the main foundations of Hardcore Rap, and later Krs would craft some of the most eloquent political and socially aware raps no metter how controversial or hard-to-agree-with they were, the fact he made a stupid statement doesn't take away his place in Rap's history,
that's what Ive always been saying, a rapper's personal beliefes, views and subject metter are up to him, what I as a listener have the right to demand is proper depiction of whatever the rapper wants to express(and KRS had almost always been cristal clear in his raps)...for example I love Talib's and Mos's music but alot of their views in politics negate mine but that doesn't make them any less of rappers.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 12:16:08 PM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2004, 02:52:05 PM »
My thoughts exactly. Like I said earlier, I don't know a single black person who cheered that shit. I think the only person who cheered this was Bush, Cheney and their cohorts since now they have a ready made excuse to wreak havoc and reap the profits.

LoL it's starting to get annoying.. wtf's wrong with yall ya keep talkin shit but ya won't get into the subject

KRS did not cheer

at the attacks

read the whole statement and stop acting like retards, I already gave you an example to make it easier to understand. IF you already read his whole statement and my elaborations / example, and you STILL think otherwise, BRING YOUR POINTS UP and I'll be happy to admit I was wrong if your arguments prove mine wrong.. but DON'T just keep talkin worthless bullshit without ever habing tried to understand what you're judging

I already adressed Kill, Trauma, Gangstauu and now Juronimo

by name and none of you did / could come up with anything

the only one who even responded was Trauma and what he said is "fuck his, fuck you, fuck whoever cheered" which really ain't shit considering I just said I didn't cheer and neither did KRS, I stil responded but he didn't after that. Seems like he doesn't have anything to say when it comes to bringing up actual points and not just talkin shit

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2004, 10:53:22 PM »
Trauma, you faggot, your hip hop pass has been revoked joing up with your TOT pass, manhood pass, and intelligence pass revokes.

"He sucks at what he once was a slight success in"

KRS was a slight success in hip hop? Are you fuckin nuts? Hasnt dropped a great album in almost a decade, and still considered top 3 hands down. Respect this shit chump
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2004, 05:57:23 AM »
ok L2DB, since you are extremly dedicated to defending KRS and discussing his views, i will repeat myself, break down his statement and re-formulate some stuff

as for the cheering...
Like everyone I was shocked to read that I and other African-Americans actually “cheered when 911 happened” and that I have “declared my solidarity with Al Qaeda”. When I read my words taken out of context I was shocked and disappointed that the Daily News would go this far to assassinate my character and distort my views. Such statements with no follow up explanation or interview from KRS-ONE as to what he may have meant or even a complete quote of my point is simply irresponsible journalism on the Daily News’ part. I would never just say something as crazy as “we cheered when 911 happened!” I was making an objective point about how many Hiphoppas as well as the oppressed peoples of the world felt that day. I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth and I urge people to think critically about themselves and their environment. Yes, my words are strong. Yes, my views are controversial. But to call me a terrorist is simply wrong!

I was asked by the New Yorker magazine to discuss “different and personal beliefs musicians hold and the contribution artists like myself can make to the nation’s political dialog”. My views were indeed different and most were personal. However, when I was asked about why Hiphop has not engaged the current situation more (meaning 911) my responds was “because it does not affect us, or at least we don’t perceive that it effects us, 911 happened to them”. I went on to say that “I am speaking for the culture now; I am not speaking my personal opinion”. I continued to say; “911 effected them down the block; the rich, the powerful those that are oppressing us as a culture. Sony, RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations, Clear Channel, Viacom with BET and MTV, those are our oppressors those are the people that we’re trying to overcome in Hiphop everyday, this is a daily thing. We cheered when 911 happened in New York and say that proudly here. Because when we were down at the trade center we were getting hit over the head by cops, told that we can’t come in this building, hustled down to the train station because of the way we dressed and talked, and so on, we were racially profiled. So, when the planes hit the building we were like; mmmm justice.” And just as I began to say “now of course a lot of our friends and family were lost there as well” but I was interrupted.

My intent is never to demean or disrespect anyone’s loss or gain; and of course I did not literally “cheer when 911 happened”. I made an objective statement about the feelings of those who were oppressed by world trade policies. I was just as saddened as everyone else on 911. However, for many of us that were racially profiled and harassed by the World’s Trade Center’s security and the police patrolling that area as well as the thousands of American protesters that spoke out against the World Trade Organization months before in Seattle, Washington there was a sense of justice, a sense of change, a wake up call watching the twin towers fall. These are not my views only; these views represent a popular truth that few people are really ready to hear. No one wished death on anyone or just sat and “cheered when 911 happened”. But some of us can see through the bullshit! America must change its approach to the world and its citizens. This, I believe is what all Americans should be thinking about. How do we make our country better?

'objective statement', cazzo mio. This being an 'objective statement' as to the 'feelings of those oppressed by WT policies' has already been proven wrong in this topic by people saying how blacks did NOT cheer in ANY WAY or consider 9/11 'justice'. You can simply not claim KRS did NOT cheer in ANY WAY either, as he literally said what i made red in the quote above. What he tried to do by writing this subsequent piece of attempted self-justification is excusing very polemic statements by saying that they were a reflection of a popular view as to America and its policies and trying to eliminate their inherent cynicism by pointing out the injustice that was commonplace around the WTC before the attacks. This does, however, not work. None of what he said justifies using the word 'cheering' (which he did use and that's that) in any however metaphorical way or considering the loss of 6,000 mostly innocent people 'justice' of any kind. None of what he said can fool me into overlooking the ambivalence of preaching peace and unity and at the same time saying '9/11 happened to them, so it's justice'. How very unifying, pacifist and philantropical.

I am a philosopher and a critical thinker, I speak truth
I am a poet and I speak poetically
KRS-ONE’s leadership...
For the record, I am an American philosopher. I speak and seek truth
as for this, i think quoting myself is enough
and what bothers me too is his incredibly presumptous and self-righteous approach to everything. He seems to be absolutely incapable of getting rid of his cockiness for a second (let alone reconsider his views instead of attacking anybody who might not share them), pointing out what a truth-speaking poet and philosopher he is various times. "I'm no. 1, oops sorry i lie, I'm no. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5". He already gets on my nerves compulsively including shit like that in political songs and messages, but in this context it gets sickening. Cocky ass bastard
what i can add is that the notion that he embodies hiphop as a whole is stuck in his head, better yet an axiom on which he bases practically everything he says...do you know what apodictic means? He considers his subjective views 1. absolutely true with nothing to be added or brought in and 2. reflective of the whole hiphop community with anybody who might not agree being wrong, period. bring up any evidence of the contrary, good luck. his compulsive bigging up himself confirms that to me
...if you are not prepared to hear what Hiphop has to say about its view of world events then don’t ask
KRS-ONE = HipHop, uhu...F.U.C.K. T.H.A.T.