Author Topic: So why was Xzibit taken off the Streets remix?  (Read 1671 times)

Myrealname

Re: So why was Xzibit taken off the Streets remix?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2002, 11:58:21 PM »
I dont think its a "label thing"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2002, 07:50:54 AM »
I dont think its a "label thing"

Of course you don't.

Loud is still in business, and it seems very likely that Loud doesn't want Xzibit to be in a video with Snoop, W.C. & Nate Dogg, when they are trying to advertise Xzibit's video, which also has Nate Dogg & W.C. in it.

uhm... yea... its obvious

NAH, it ain't obvious at all.
It seems more likely a Def Jam or Loud desicion.
Obviously Def Jam doesn't want to give free advertisement for  Xzibit's new album, so that people will buy Xzibits album instead of W.C.
It's either Def Jam or Loud...

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2002, 03:22:56 PM »
it couldve been a matter of time...xzibit is on the anger management tour....also i dont think labels got shit to do with it...why wouldnt they want txzibit to get free promotion for his album?...cmon...also it couldve been a matter of keepin everything on the set coo...they probably heard pimp slap and were like "fuck, what if xzibit and snoop get down on the set?"....so of course theyre gonna take something into their hands....and of course theyre gonna knock off xzibit over snoop...ur an unknowing mtv watcher and see two videos they say: W.C. feat Nate Dogg and Xzibit - Streets Remix or W.C. feat Nate Dogg and Snoop - Streets Remix....what are almost automatically gonna watch first?...the one with snop since hes the bigger(much bigger) name....

Smooth

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2002, 03:29:33 PM »
it couldve been a matter of time...xzibit is on the anger management tour....also i dont think labels got shit to do with it...why wouldnt they want txzibit to get free promotion for his album?...cmon...also it couldve been a matter of keepin everything on the set coo...they probably heard pimp slap and were like "fuck, what if xzibit and snoop get down on the set?"....so of course theyre gonna take something into their hands....and of course theyre gonna knock off xzibit over snoop...ur an unknowing mtv watcher and see two videos they say: W.C. feat Nate Dogg and Xzibit - Streets Remix or W.C. feat Nate Dogg and Snoop - Streets Remix....what are almost automatically gonna watch first?...the one with snop since hes the bigger(much bigger) name....

Word... that's how i feel...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Jome

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2002, 06:27:40 PM »

Sounds fair, but did you get the Def Jam theory?
If Xzibit was on the remix/video, it would basically be a advertisement for MVM, and I doubt Def Jam would want that.

Myrealname

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2002, 07:44:40 PM »

Sounds fair, but did you get the Def Jam theory?
If Xzibit was on the remix/video, it would basically be a advertisement for MVM, and I doubt Def Jam would want that.

Ok.....snoop is on the remix/video so its an advertisement for Paid the cost to be the boss ?
Same thing for all the other collaborations......

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2002, 07:51:50 PM »

Of course you don't.

Loud is still in business, and it seems very likely that Loud doesn't want Xzibit to be in a video with Snoop, W.C. & Nate Dogg, when they are trying to advertise Xzibit's video, which also has Nate Dogg & W.C. in it.

NAH, it ain't obvious at all.
It seems more likely a Def Jam or Loud desicion.
Obviously Def Jam doesn't want to give free advertisement for  Xzibit's new album, so that people will buy Xzibits album instead of W.C.
It's either Def Jam or Loud...

being on other peoples videos actually HELP the sales... if you havent noticed it yet, snoop is also releasing an album, but still, he's on WC's album

Myrealname

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2002, 08:54:40 PM »
JOME If the reason is "free advertisment",snoop wouldnt have to be on wc video/song song cuz his album will be out the month after wc's one.

smerlus

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2002, 09:08:37 PM »
you people are like little old ladies, trying to find a deeper meaning to shit. so xzibit ain't on the track. who fucking cares? it's music, you guys are like "cube's in the video but he didn't drop a verse because i heard he said some shit about WC's grandma but it was too late to take him out of the video" fuck all that, if you like the way it sounds, listen to it, if not fuck it. why worry about these people's lives? i doubt WC and snoop come to this board going "hey snoop, you hear jome and I-bo got into it over eminem and they ain't even emailin each other no more" fuck it enjoy the music.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2002, 09:15:24 PM »
you people are like little old ladies, trying to find a deeper meaning to shit. so xzibit ain't on the track. who fucking cares? it's music, you guys are like "cube's in the video but he didn't drop a verse because i heard he said some shit about WC's grandma but it was too late to take him out of the video" fuck all that, if you like the way it sounds, listen to it, if not fuck it. why worry about these people's lives? i doubt WC and snoop come to this board going "hey snoop, you hear jome and I-bo got into it over eminem and they ain't even emailin each other no more" fuck it enjoy the music.

if we aint here to discuss things, why are we here??

mind your own buisness

Myrealname

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2002, 09:30:57 PM »

if we aint here to discuss things, why are we here??

mind your own buisness

;)

Jome

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2002, 05:24:19 PM »

Ok.....snoop is on the remix/video so its an advertisement for Paid the cost to be the boss ?
Same thing for all the other collaborations......

If Snoop released his CD in 2 weeks, it WOULD HAVE BEEN A SNOOP ADVERTISEMENT YES!!
TWO MONTHS down the road though is pretty far ahead, W.C.'s album-sales would have silenced off by then.

teecee

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2002, 05:50:41 PM »
JOME:

Whenever anyone releases an album, they try to always do cameos to keep their names hot.  You DON'T do it two weeks before, because that will steal shine from your own album despite the buzz it creates.   If your album is coming out in two months like Snoops, then this is the perfect time to appear on a single like The Streets..........

As for Xzibit, i think the song sounds better without him.......

smerlus

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2002, 06:06:52 PM »
you tell me to mind my business, fuck you, mind your business, xzibit ain't on there because he ain't on there. is that your business? did you put the track together? did you write some of his rhymes? you produce the vid? NO. so think about what you speak before you put your dick in your mouth and say some stupid shit.

Jome

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2002, 06:24:38 PM »
you tell me to mind my business, fuck you, mind your business, xzibit ain't on there because he ain't on there. is that your business? did you put the track together? did you write some of his rhymes? you produce the vid? NO. so think about what you speak before you put your dick in your mouth and say some stupid shit.

oops, somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today..
or did he fall out of bed and bumped his head on the floor?