Author Topic: dj quik announces retirement  (Read 2144 times)

budsmokeronly

Re: dj quik announces retirement
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2002, 06:47:28 PM »
^^^^ are you talkin about trouble?  that song is blazin hot.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Quikstar

• Lil Geezy
  • Westcoast/Hip Hop Pioneer
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2002, 07:30:37 PM »
Quik Sum new Artist some young Talent rappin about pimpin its gettin wacc .Also he doesnt need to put album out anymore he only have to produce for other artist and it will be all good.

Fuck it! After reading these responses and having dam near everything he produced, my man can do just fine making beats and producing hits for other artist in the years to come. His production is definitly increasing. I still think he's capable of topping his last album though...If he leaves without a classical banger then he'll leave the game with all of his fans hangin lookin like... ???
America's Most Complete Artist

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2002, 09:06:12 PM »
i dont think quik will retire totally from da game...
that aint possible...
REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"

Myrealname

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2002, 09:20:40 PM »
He should dont give a fuck about this fucked up industry and continue to make music for the luv of it and for his true fans around the world.
Dj quik is a fuckin legend to me,he can't go out like that god dammit!   :(

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2002, 09:42:20 PM »
I think it's pretty gay to tell you tha truth? Why's he gotta get all butt hurt about it? Just cuz  not everybody bumps his shit? There's a gang of other rappers out there still doing their thing that dont get half the regocnition he gets.

It's cool if he quits... just not if he does it cuz nobody's buying his shit. It makes him end it off lookin like a straight cry baby.

I dont even know how much Unda Tha Influence sold but It couldn't be that bad.. they were playin his shit on tha radio 24/7... atleast out here in Cali. And to whoever said that was a bad single? WTF? That shit was tiiight.. that beat was refreshing to Radio... even if you didnt like it much.. I know almost everybody else was.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sikotic™

« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2002, 10:20:42 PM »
I think it's pretty gay to tell you tha truth? Why's he gotta get all butt hurt about it? Just cuz  not everybody bumps his shit? There's a gang of other rappers out there still doing their thing that dont get half the regocnition he gets.

It's cool if he quits... just not if he does it cuz nobody's buying his shit. It makes him end it off lookin like a straight cry baby.

I dont even know how much Unda Tha Influence sold but It couldn't be that bad.. they were playin his shit on tha radio 24/7... atleast out here in Cali. And to whoever said that was a bad single? WTF? That shit was tiiight.. that beat was refreshing to Radio... even if you didnt like it much.. I know almost everybody else was.

But its his life man. He lives off music and for music. He knows he is one of the best but these other half ass cats get all the credit instead. He probably feels like he is being robbed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

fortiey

• Lil Geezy
  • The Real Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2002, 10:52:43 PM »
WHAT UP HOMIES, IT'S THE BIG HOMIE FORTIE, TO GIVE YOU SOME INFO ON THE CONCERT: I THINK IT'S TRUE THAT HE IS RETIREING BECAUSE HE GAVE IT IT'S ALL LAST NIGHT!!! THE SHOW WAS ON AND CRACK'IN!! I'VE BEEN TO LOTS OF QUIK CONCERTS, BUT LAST NIGHT WAS THE SHIT! HE HAD EVERYBODY THERE; SUGA FREE, AMG, HI-C, AND HIS NEW ARTIST. I HAD THE SAME REACTION YALL HAD WHEN HE DROPED THE BOMB ON EVERYBODY, I WAS LIKE " ALL HELL NAW"!!!!!!!!!! BUT THEN HE SAID WHY, I COULD UNDERSTAND WHY HE WAS RETIREING. THAT SHIT HIT ME HARD BECAUSE I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE "QUIK IS THE NAME", WHEN I WAS STILL IN ELEMENTARY. I'M JUST GLAD I GOT TO SEE HIS LAST SHOW. I JUST HOPE EVERYBODY GOES OUT AND SUPPORTS QUIK'S GREATEST HITS ALBUM. WELL THAT'S ALL I HAVE SAY RIGHT NOW.
    STAY UP HOMIES, IN A REAL WAY!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      THE BIG HOMIE FORTIE-40
In a real way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bomb-A®

« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2002, 11:33:19 PM »
This sux. i hope he doesnt stop producing tho.
hard to find producers u can rely on for a dope beat
every time. i luv dre but even he isnt consistent as
quik.

Funkadelic

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2002, 12:09:03 AM »
I don't think that he will retire. Maybe we won't see a new solo, but I'm pretty sure that he will continue doing all that great cuts. For example he produces for the new Suga Free, AMG, Hi-C or Playa Hamm album.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2002, 02:17:53 AM »
For those who don't respect his decission, you have to realise Quik has been in this game for a LONG time, he's put his heart and soul into his music and there's only so much rejection you can take when you feel you've done your best. I don't blame him for feeling hurt or pissed off, I think he has a right to be after all the great music he's put out for us, he should get that much love back, every artist should if they really give their all into their music.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Myrealname

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2002, 02:47:57 AM »

It makes him end it off lookin like a straight cry baby.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2002, 11:44:05 AM »
how man mother fuckers actually bought this cd instead of jus bottleggin it?

i bet this muhfucker went platinum off bootleggin n hardly anyone bought his shit, kan u blam him for thinkin fuck it

Quikstar

• Lil Geezy
  • Westcoast/Hip Hop Pioneer
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2002, 02:13:41 PM »
how man mother fuckers actually bought this cd instead of jus bottleggin it?

i bet this muhfucker went platinum off bootleggin n hardly anyone bought his shit, kan u blam him for thinkin fuck it

America's Most Complete Artist

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2002, 02:42:58 PM »
i would much rather see quik "cry like a baby" and retire this way instead of selling out like a bitch.

he will always be the greatest westcoast producer in my eyes nonetheless.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Gangsta_T

• T-Records CEO
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • alldayeveryday another dope album!who can compete?
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2002, 01:14:03 AM »
mc eith aint gettin hardly the same recognition like quik....
and he droppin still dope albums for his folks

REMEMBER: big dicks in yo ass is bad fo yo health!
Ice muthaphukkkin Cube

RIP :
Eazy-E, Fo Clips, Cougnut, Big L, Mausberg, Roger Troutman, Tupac, Notorious BIG, Big Pun, Mr Cee & Hitman of RBL Posse, Speedy Loc, JMJ, Tone Capone

FUCK Nelly & St Lunatics
FUCK the Neptunes & Timbaland
FUCK Puff Daddy
FUCK Murder Inc
FUCK Eminem & 50 Cent
FUCK all RnB Snitches & Bitches

"im rare as finding warm pussy in an igloo"