Author Topic: Harvard students are crazy  (Read 143 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Harvard students are crazy
« on: October 14, 2004, 10:00:12 AM »
Pring-Wilson Guilty Of Voluntary Manslaughter

A jury has found Harvard graduate student Alexander Pring-Wilson guilty of voluntary manslaughter in the 2003 stabbing death of Michael Colono, rejecting the student's claim of self-defense.

After considering statements on behalf of the victim and Pring-Wilson Thursday, Middlesex Superior Court Judge Regina Quinlan sentenced him to six to eight years in prison to be served at Cedar Junction in Walpole, Mass.

Pring-Wilson was convicted voluntary manslaughter in the stabbing death 18-year-old Colono outside a Cambridge pizza shop. Pring-Wilson claimed he was defending himself.

The jury also considered a first-degree murder charge during five days of deliberations.

Colono's mother, Ada, cried inconsolably after the verdict, disappointed that her son's killer did not receive first-degree murder.

"Michael's death has been a very big loss, and I will never understand why he had to go," said Colono's sister, Delores, before Pring-Wilson's sentencing. "I wish this was bad dream that I could wake up from."

After a night of drinking and bar hopping, according to testimony during the 3 1/2 week trial, Pring-Wilson walked past Ring Pizza in Cambridge on his way home to Somerville, Mass. As he walked past a car with the victim inside, words were exchanged and a fight ensued.

"I went from happy, loved and taken care of to a single mother with no explanation to give our daughter," said Cindy Goodsman, Colono's longtime girlfriend and mother of his daughter. "The day they took Michael, they took a piece of me."

Goodsman then read a note from the couple's 4-year-old daughter, Jade.

"I love you daddy," Goodsman read. "I miss you daddy, and I wish you were here."

Colono's family said they were disappointed that the jury did not come back with a first-degree murder conviction.

"Alexander Pring-Wilson has lived in anguish over the fact that another human life was taken over what he did," said defense attorney Ann Kaufman.

Kaufman asked the judge to give her client probation.

Cynthia Pring said before April 12, 2003, her son had never been in trouble, and always wanted to help make other people's lives better.

"He has been a role model for everyone who has ever met him," she said. "He never would have wanted to hurt anyone."

Pring said her son has mourned the death of Colono, and should not go to jail.

"He is everything I have ever wanted in a son," she said.

Colono died from five stab wounds -- one of them to the heart. Pring-Wilson maintained that he took out his knife in self-defense.

-----
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=383&e=2&u=/kmbc/20041014/lo_WCVB/2412169
-----

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Harvard students are crazy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 10:27:31 AM »
what always made me laugh was John Gotti got a murder charge downgraded from murder to attempted manslaughter (how can u attempt to unintentionally kill some one, and actually kill them?) but if you've got the money you can do what you want in america to a certain extent

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 10:57:18 AM »
what always made me laugh was John Gotti got a murder charge downgraded from murder to attempted manslaughter (how can u attempt to unintentionally kill some one, and actually kill them?) but if you've got the money you can do what you want in america to a certain extent

very true

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 11:14:41 AM »

so true... isn't magic johnson the only known HIV survivor?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 11:22:23 AM »

so true... isn't magic johnson the only known HIV survivor?

i think there's been people with HIV who have lived about 20 or so years with the disease, but Magic has definitely been around for a long time with it (not more than 20 years though)..  If he still around after 2010... we need to take a serious look at what he's doing.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 04:23:52 PM »
The guy who was stabbed wasn't the smartest muthafucka in the world either. You just don't mess with pissed off drunk people.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »
The guy who was stabbed wasn't the smartest muthafucka in the world either. You just don't mess with pissed off drunk people.

Theyre the easiest to fuck up.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 12:19:59 AM »
fuck Harvard....USC bitches!

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 07:51:07 PM »
i heard about this on the news. Good ol' Crimebridge for ya.