Author Topic: Nov. 2 is almost here. Get out and vote KERRY/EDWARDS.  (Read 371 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Nov. 2 is almost here. Get out and vote KERRY/EDWARDS.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2004, 07:45:39 AM »
Whatever you say, man.  Just don't feel too upset if Kerry loses, you seem to have a lot invested in 'the truth'. 

Same to you man... We'll see what happens.   :cheers:

VOTE FOR KERRY!

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 02:21:06 PM »
Example 3:  Cheney saying to Edwards "I never met you in person until today"  Except he was caught on video with Edwards.

If they met before how come Edwards didn't call him out on it?  He had the chance to respond and all he did with just name things Cheney voted for or against (Meals On Wheels for seniors, etc.).

Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 02:25:16 PM »
^also they met at a prayer breakfast.. i dont even klnow wat that is.. but the truth is.. edwards is almost never present at the senate

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 02:53:52 PM »
^^ no actually the truth is Edwards was almost never present during the senate during the past year while he was campaigning.  The same is true of Kerry.  The reason being.  Most times Senate votes are not crucial.  For example.  Sometimes you know a bill is going to win by a huge margin and your vote won't really effect the outcome.  Kerry/Edwards missed a lot of votes this year because they were campaigning, and because a lot of votes just didn't matter.  Again Bush manipulates the info to make them look like uncaring assholes.  Kerry/Edwards showed up to vote on a few important, closely contested issues, and cast their votes.

Just like in NYS for the avg. joe u already know Kerry is going to win NYS.  So your vote really doesn't matter, and no one claims your a bad person if you don't show up on Nov. 2.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 02:56:01 PM »
Example 3:  Cheney saying to Edwards "I never met you in person until today"  Except he was caught on video with Edwards.

If they met before how come Edwards didn't call him out on it?  He had the chance to respond and all he did with just name things Cheney voted for or against (Meals On Wheels for seniors, etc.).

Edwards answered that question a at later date.  His response was a long the lines of.  "Cheney wanted the debate to get sidetracked on issues that just weren't important.  I was surpised when he said it, but I had my mind on debating other issues"  You can watch the video of Cheney and Edwards together.  If you don't bleieve me let me know and I'll post it.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 03:01:10 PM »
^^ no actually the truth is Edwards was almost never present during the senate during the past year while he was campaigning.  The same is true of Kerry.  The reason being.  Most times Senate votes are not crucial.  For example.  Sometimes you know a bill is going to win by a huge margin and your vote won't really effect the outcome.  Kerry/Edwards missed a lot of votes this year because they were campaigning, and because a lot of votes just didn't matter.  Again Bush manipulates the info to make them look like uncaring assholes.  Kerry/Edwards showed up to vote on a few important, closely contested issues, and cast their votes.

Just like in NYS for the avg. joe u already know Kerry is going to win NYS.  So your vote really doesn't matter, and no one claims your a bad person if you don't show up on Nov. 2.

Good analogy... reasonable explanation.  Bush and Cheney will do anything to avoid debating the truth and real issues.

Bush & Cheney need to "go fuck themselves!"   :banana_dss:  <----- Cheney rippin' Bush a new one

VOTE FOR KERRY/EDWARDS!

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 03:37:17 PM »

I don't know, I guess I just have this crazy idea that senators should VOTE IN THE SENATE.  You're making an excuse for them not doing their jobs.

Actually the idea of "well my vote won't matter anyways so why vote?" is great!  Everyone should think like that.

Edwards answered that question a at later date.  His response was a long the lines of.  "Cheney wanted the debate to get sidetracked on issues that just weren't important.  I was surpised when he said it, but I had my mind on debating other issues"  You can watch the video of Cheney and Edwards together.  If you don't bleieve me let me know and I'll post it.

Answered at a later date?  He probably saw the video after and saw that he did meet Cheney.  He forgot just like Cheney I guess.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 04:13:26 PM »

It is not unreasonble considering every senator republican or democrat miss the majority of their votes the year they run for President.  They all understand that the system depends on them showing up to vote, but they all also understand that the system is not going to break down because one senator is going to be extra busy for one year. 

If they weren't allowed to be absent from the Senate they wouldn't be able to run.  How can you campaign if you can't leave washington?  How many priorities is Bush putting off while he was campaigning?  To be honest I don't criticize him for that because it is silly.  The race for the whitehouse is important to both parties.  Bush obviously is not 'running the country' while he is on the campaign trail, and I believe we did elect him to run the country, not to campaign.  But our system requires Bush to campaign.  Its not held against him nor should it be.  By the same token, republicans should be fair and consistent when they apply their arguments to their opponents. 

I believe I said earlier, Bush supporters use the same tactics Bush used himself.  When presented with overwhemling evidence countering their opinions they find an inconsequential issue to attack in an attempt to reframe the debate.  This post WAS NOT about Edward's Senate record.  It was about the arguements I brought up in my initial post.  Those arguements are yet to be countered and I don't believe they ever will be.  But it doesn't matter if stubborn Bush supporters don't change their mind.  The people who can think, see evidence, and change their opinions.  Meanwhile bush continues to try to change the evidence  so he can keep his opinions in tact. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004, 04:18:53 PM »
props to you Ant.. you give out well written, well structured, caring elaborate arguments without insulting all the time, that's something that hardly happens anywhere.
good to have you here to make it happen here.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2004, 06:51:40 PM »

Man, you don't know what you're talking about.  I'm from North Carolina, Edwards is one of my senators.  He's frequently been absent since the beginning of his term, and he's never, ever caught dead in North Carolina.  He doesn't even live here in the 'off' season.  Nice try, but you're wrong.  The man never showed up for our state.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2004, 07:28:58 PM »
props to you Ant.. you give out well written, well structured, caring elaborate arguments without insulting all the time, that's something that hardly happens anywhere.
good to have you here to make it happen here.

This is well said and I agree.  Props Ant.  Keep doin' it!   :)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2004, 08:01:50 PM »

Man, you don't know what you're talking about.  I'm from North Carolina, Edwards is one of my senators.  He's frequently been absent since the beginning of his term, and he's never, ever caught dead in North Carolina.  He doesn't even live here in the 'off' season.  Nice try, but you're wrong.  The man never showed up for our state.

Like I've already said, and I'll say it again.  This post was not about Edwards senate record.  I honestly am not all that informed on that topic so I'm not going to debate about it.  But I clearly predicted what you would do about four posts ago, and you did it anyways.  I said you'd find a weak inconsequential arguement and try and reframe the debate.  Bottomline is my initial post has never been refuted. 

Want another reason not to vote Bush.  Add this one to the list.

http://video.buzzflash.com/04/10/Bushs_Big_Joke.wmv

Click the link for a short video.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2004, 08:16:08 PM »

Here is an article by the Associated Press, written in 2003 and featured in a journal from your state of North Carolina, that talks about Edwards attendance record.  Explains how prior to becoming a candidate, his attendance record was at 95%!  Also explains that even though he is allowed to miss Senate meetings while campaigning, he still makes it back to vote in items that are important for his state.
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031770817111

Cheney is the senate prez.  Here you will find who acted as senate prez during the last 4 years (current up to two weeks ago, 10.5.04) when Cheney's ass wasn't there: http://www.mydd.com/story/2004/10/6/132551/259
... and before you knock the site as being biased, check the source... The Congressional Record! (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/index.html)

Mr. Cheney can go fuck himself with his bullshit lies!

VOTE FOR KERRY/EDWARDS ON NOVEMBER 2ND!

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2004, 08:20:05 PM »

Here is an article by the Associated Press, written in 2003 and featured in a journal from your state of North Carolina, that talks about Edwards attendance record.  Explains how prior to becoming a candidate, his attendance record was at 95%!  Also explains that even though he is allowed to miss Senate meetings while campaigning, he still makes it back to vote in items that are important for his state.
http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WSJ%2FMGArticle%2FWSJ_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031770817111

Cheney is the senate prez.  Here you will find who acted as senate prez during the last 4 years (current up to two weeks ago, 10.5.04) when Cheney's ass wasn't there: http://www.mydd.com/story/2004/10/6/132551/259
... and before you knock the site as being biased, check the source... The Congressional Record! (http://www.gpoaccess.gov/crecord/index.html)

Mr. Cheney can go fuck himself with his bullshit lies!

VOTE FOR KERRY/EDWARDS ON NOVEMBER 2ND!

Thanks for doing the fact finding for me.  I didn't have the desire to go research this one. 

eS El Duque

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2004, 08:38:32 PM »
my buddy (who lives here in canada)...got a voting thing from america asking to send in his vote..becuase he was born in america (same as his parents)...he's voting for Bush and i asked why?..he said "its my way of saying 'fuck the world and america!'"

lol