Author Topic: It's hilarious how the media spins things with a liberal bias.  (Read 103 times)

Trauma-san

O.K., new poll out today. Here's the headline (from cnn.com).

"Poll: Presidential race still tight"

Now, what does that lead you to believe?  Just think about it.  Here's some quotes from the story.  Remember, this is supposed to be an unbiased news organization, who's just reporting the NEWS, not the HOPE.

"Although most Americans who have been polled say they think Sen. John Kerry did the better job in the debates, the Democratic nominee appears to have lost some ground to President Bush in the popularity contest, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Sunday."

So, is the news "Poll: Presidential race still tight" ?  Or is the news "John Kerry losing ground to president Bush" ?  O.K., one more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"In the previous Gallup poll, taken October 9-10 after the second debate on October 8, Kerry and Bush were tied at 48 percent among registered voters. (Full story)

The latest poll, taken after the third and final debate last Wednesday in Tempe, Arizona, indicated an edge of 49 percent to 46 percent for Bush among the same group.

That is still practically even -- given the margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. The October 9-10 poll had a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points."

While, technically, that IS still practically even, given the margin of error, they sound as if they almost WISH it was still even. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally;  here's the hilarious part.

But among likely voters Bush had a larger spread -- 52 percent to 44 percent. That compared with a 49 percent to 46 percent edge for Bush in the previous poll

Now, how the fuck is the presidential race "Still Tight", when among LIKELY VOTERS (whom are the ones who vote, duh), Bush is walking away with it.  According to this poll, Bush's numbers jumped from a 3 point spread, to an 8 point spread within a week.  IF this poll were correct that would translate to literally MILLIONS of votes among 'likely voters' which Bush apparently picked up within a week, after a debate he just LOST.

So, I guess my rambling point is, the bias here is incredible.  The news, to me, appears to be that Bush gained 5 whole fucking percentage points after a debate the American public appears to believe he lost.  Isn't that the most striking thing?  Of course, though, if you have a liberal bias, you can ignore the 'likely voter' statistic, and just focus on the 'registered voter' statistic... I mean, who cares if they're gonna VOTE or not? You're just trying to get a number across that says it's tied, instead of 8 points apart. 

Also, I wanna point out that I think these polls are all BULLSHIT.  They're unscientific as hell, voter opinion does NOT change on a dime like they say it does.  Personally, I believe Bush will do much, much better than they are predicting on Nov. 2nd, but all politics aside, it's easy to see these polls are flawed as hell.  Do you know ANYBODY, ANYBODY who has changed their mind on whom they will vote for? Especially back and forth within a week?  The polls are flawed, and unscientific, probably because the sampling field is way too small to accurately represent the views of the American public. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: It's hilarious how the media spins things with a liberal bias.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 06:35:44 AM »
I think youre trippin. You really gotta read between the lines there to get a bias. It could be much worse.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 11:03:55 AM »
I think youre trippin. You really gotta read between the lines there to get a bias. It could be much worse.
i coudn't really see any political spin applied

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:05:19 PM »
How do you feel about fox news.  How do you feel about all the information that is buried by even 'liberal' newspapers?

Plain and simple.  Everyone is biased to some extent.  If the media is biased towards Kerry it is only because of Bush's disasterous term.  The US cannot take another Bush presidency. 

Has anyone fact checked Bush's comment that Kerry "exagerated" when he stated "this president said, he doesn't think much about osama bin laden, he doesn't think he was an issue."  Even the 'liberal' media haven't brought up that Kerry's claim was 100% correct, and Bush was 100% wrong. 

The truth is... the media is a lot nicer to Bush than they need to be. 

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 09:10:13 PM »
How do you feel about fox news.  How do you feel about all the information that is buried by even 'liberal' newspapers?

Plain and simple.  Everyone is biased to some extent.  If the media is biased towards Kerry it is only because of Bush's disasterous term.  The US cannot take another Bush presidency. 

Has anyone fact checked Bush's comment that Kerry "exagerated" when he stated "this president said, he doesn't think much about osama bin laden, he doesn't think he was an issue."  Even the 'liberal' media haven't brought up that Kerry's claim was 100% correct, and Bush was 100% wrong. 

The truth is... the media is a lot nicer to Bush than they need to be. 

I believe Bush was actaully quoted saying "I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him... I truly am not that concerned about him." about Bin Laden in 2002. 
But yeah, the media is biased in one way or another, that's a fact.

-b[X]
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...