Author Topic: WWF...The list grows...  (Read 484 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WWF...The list grows...
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 11:35:27 PM »
I still have the issue of WWF Magazine when Tornado commited suicide. It was more famiily orintated then so in the magazine they said that he had a heart attack. Also, one wrestler that I don't see mentioned on the lists is "Tugboat" a.k.a. "Typhoon". I remember after he got out of the WWF he worked some night-time job and was up on the roof of a tall building (for whatever reason). Anyways, a WWF fanatic, dressed as the Undertaker pushed Tugboat off the building and he died. I'm not making this up at all ya'll. I saw it in more then one newspaper. Shit was seriously sad.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2004, 03:41:44 AM »
I read somewhere that the texas tornado had like 4 or 5 brothers, and they all commited suicide too at one point or another over the years. Couple before him a couple after I think I read. Seriously fucked up shit :(

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2004, 06:09:09 AM »
most of these guys died cause of the drugs and steroids they use to take ....... Yokozuna died cause of his weight , Owen is just a heartbreaking story ........ what a shame

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 06:52:05 AM »
yeah, Owen was particularly sad...the rest suffer the consequences of what they do, kinda, not that it ain't sad, but owen's death is really sad...50' down into the arena right in front of the crowd :-\

Trauma-san

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2004, 07:48:22 AM »
I think most of the guys you mentioned had problems because they were just so big.  Drugs were involved with a lot of them, but their size and all that weight they were carrying around (even if it was muscle!) had to make your heart be strained already... add on drinking and drugs, and your heart can't take it as well as a skinny person would or even just a normally sized person.

Dino Bravo was a pretty strange story.  Basically, they found him in his home, sitting in his lazy boy shot to death.  This wasn't just someone broke in and shot him, the entire side of his house was riddled with bullet holes, they shot him from the street.  Some pretty serious shit.  Most people claim it was due to gambling debts, but I don't understand why the mob works that way, it looks like he'd be better to them alive, they can't get any money if he's dead. 

BTW, a similar thing happened to Sonny Liston, the heavyweight champion Muhammad Ali (er, Cassius Clay) knocked out to become the world champ his first time. 

The Texas Tornado is truly a SAD SAD story, he was a member of the Von Erich family out of texas, who did a lot of wrestling throughout the 70's and 80's for a number of different feds.  One Von Erich died in Japan, get this, from complications from something he ATE (crazy)... One Von Erich killed himself early on, One Von Erich (I believe) died of a heart attack, and then Kerry killed himself, the texas tornado.  Recently, the Von Erich's dad died, and there's one brother left.  Before Kerry died, he had a bad motorcycle accident and lost one of his feet.  No shit, they amputated one of his feet.. the most intriguing part is this was WHEN he was on top of the WWF, so the doctors fitted him up with a prostetic boot, with a fake foot in it, and he wrestled that way.  You couldn't even see him limp, it's pretty incredible... and NO, it's not an urban legend, it actually happened. 

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2004, 07:54:10 AM »
The Texas Tornado is truly a SAD SAD story, he was a member of the Von Erich family out of texas, who did a lot of wrestling throughout the 70's and 80's for a number of different feds.  One Von Erich died in Japan, get this, from complications from something he ATE (crazy)... One Von Erich killed himself early on, One Von Erich (I believe) died of a heart attack, and then Kerry killed himself, the texas tornado.  Recently, the Von Erich's dad died, and there's one brother left.  Before Kerry died, he had a bad motorcycle accident and lost one of his feet.  No shit, they amputated one of his feet.. the most intriguing part is this was WHEN he was on top of the WWF, so the doctors fitted him up with a prostetic boot, with a fake foot in it, and he wrestled that way.  You couldn't even see him limp, it's pretty incredible... and NO, it's not an urban legend, it actually happened. 

yeah, i read that shit on a website tribute...he wrestled with the prosthetic until one match when his boot came off and fans saw that he was missing a foot...shit is really sad, the number of guys who died so young from overdoses, suicide and heart failure is tragic to me...im still upset i hadnt heard about Miss Elizabeth... :'(

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Throwback

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2004, 11:58:34 AM »
beetlejuice was murder too.

what happend to owen hart BTW?

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2004, 07:22:28 PM »
beetlejuice was murder too.

what happend to owen hart BTW?
Damn, u ain't never heard about that bro? It was at a PPV and he was dressed as the Blue Blazer. He was supposed to be coming down out of the rafters (making fun of how Sting used to do it in WCW) but the cord that was holding him broke and he fell to his death. I think they said his neck smacked a turnbuckle or something. Sad shit...

Throwback

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2004, 03:44:12 AM »
we dont wath wrestelling here in holland. but thats one fucked up accident.

bez

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2004, 06:01:33 AM »
Yer the Owen Hart thing was horrible.  I remember watching it, remember Jerry The King and Debra's faces.  Horrible.

R.I.P owen!

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2004, 07:51:10 AM »
honestly fuck Vince McMahon for putting someone in that position.
As for the Von Erichs , yeah it's a sad story

Thirteen

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2004, 07:58:06 AM »
it's not vince mcmahon's fault that these people do what they do....if anything it's the money and the fame

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2004, 08:26:40 AM »
honestly fuck Vince McMahon for putting someone in that position.
As for the Von Erichs , yeah it's a sad story

... thats a bit true but then again every wrestler could choose not to do it... then again I think that wrestlers are wrestlers because they want to entertain the fans and would do ervery single perverted shit that the crackheads at the booking offices come up with...

I´d say fuck Vince McMahon for other reasons like what he did to Bret Hart at SS 97... I mean there is a worker who turns down a better offer by the rivaling wrestling promotion just to stay loyal to his boss and the promotion where he became real huge and what does Vince do? lol he screws him in front of his own crowd cause he thought that Bret could show up at Nitro with the WWF belt..  ridicolous...

..and another thing regarding that whole Owen lawsuit filed by his wife is another good  example...

In 1999, prior to Owen Hart's funeral, Vince McMahon begged Bret Hart to meet him. Bret Hart said no. Martha Hart had already filed a lawsuit against the WWF because of Owen's tragic death. Vince kept begging Hart over and over to meet him and Bret Hart finally agreed to meet him in a park in Calgary. Lawyers told Bret Hart, no matter what, NOT to talk about the lawsuit, because Vince can be wired, or whatever.

Bret Hart and Vince met at a park. Vince kept apologizing over and over for everything and told Bret that he wants him to finish his career in the WWF, etc... Bret Hart asked Vince for one thing. He asked him if Bret Hart can have access for his footage from the WWF (pictures, videos, etc..) and Vince told Bret that he didn't even have to ask, he can have it. Strangely, Vince was acting really nice towards Bret. A few days later, when Bret asked for his WWF archives, Vince's lawyer said that Vince does not recall any part of that conversation and Bret cannot have access to anything. Vince's plan was to try to get Bret Hart on his side for the trial (The lawsuit filed by Martha). But that didn't work at all.

found here.. http://www.wrestleview.com/info/faq/brethart.shtml

I cant even find words to describe that action..