Author Topic: Ohio will be the Key in 2004 elections  (Read 206 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Ohio will be the Key in 2004 elections
« on: October 19, 2004, 04:08:29 PM »
Recap: not the popular vote is what counts in the end
             --> separate state elections

Traditional Republican States: Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Indiana, Montana, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina   
+huge State that is expected to choose the republican presidential candidate : Texas

Traditional Democratic States: New York, Massachusetts, Maryland, Hawaii
+huge States that are expected to choose the democratic presidential candidate: Illinois & California

Current Swing States: Florida, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arkansas

--> How does this affect the campaign strategies of the 2 major candidates?

Neither Bush nor Kerry would put much effort into promoting themselves in States like New York or Texas.

=> Swing States get the most attention

Also, the candidates pay of course more attention to the Swing States that have the most electoral votes. (Comparison: Florida (27 electoral votes / New Mexico (5 electoral votes) )

Question to you: Which States will most likely decide who is going to be the President after all? (-> Key Swing States?)

1. Florida

2. Ohio

3. Pennsylvania

The candidate who wins at least 2 of the 3 Key Swing States is probably also winning the election.

I think Kerry will take Pennsylvania like Gore did and further I think Bush will take Florida because he can cheat again.

So, it all comes down to Ohio.

Ohio:

„Ohio voters have picked the winner in every presidential election since 1964. Bush took it by just four per cent in 2000, so it is ripe for the Democrats to take it back. It is the ultimate swing state. With 21 electoral votes, the winner here could be the winner overall. Both sides have already spent millions here, and will have made scores of visits by the time voting rolls around in November.“

„President Bush won Ohio by 4 percent in 2000 and knows he must win it again. So far, things are swinging slightly his way. Ohio could be the ground zero of battleground states this year. No Republican has ever won the presidency without the 'Buckeye State'.“

Current 'Standings': Despite having lost ~250,000 jobs since George W. Bush became President, recent polls tell us that Ohio is still leaning to Bush.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Ohio will be the Key in 2004 elections
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 04:37:15 PM »
I think Kerry will take Pennsylvania like Gore did and further I think Bush will take Florida because he can cheat again.
::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 04:39:59 PM »
::)

Is it your hobby to take one-liners out of my longer, awesome posts and put a rolleyes smilie below it lol? Second time you recently did it and it doesnt get less annoying. Say what you say but what was going on 4 years ago with Florida was beyond funny.
No, it's not a sin

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 04:40:46 PM »
 ::) to the flordia comment.

Also michigan will not be a swing state. It will most likely go to kerry because michigan is filled with industrial jobs.

We all know lots of "factory worker" type jobs were lost after 9/11. So....thats why i think it will go democratic.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 05:10:39 PM »
Bush will win in Florida because of the progress he has allowed in visitation rights with Cubans.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 06:49:52 PM »
Bush must be an idiot! If he cheated in Florida, why not just cheat in Ohio? That would be the intelligent thing to do.  He's such a dumbass. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 11:22:30 PM »
aight could you for the sake of one time once stop calling me an ass for bringing up the words "cheat" and "Florida" together in one sentence and care more about other stuff, like the Ohio stuff for instance?

The Winner of the State of Ohio will win the elections. And without that state, he wouldve lost the elections. That's my prediction. Mark my words.
No, it's not a sin

pappy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 11:40:30 PM »
ohio is key in the 2004 election.... thanks for tellin us the obvious

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 12:13:12 AM »
let me point something out for ya'll..

what is it makes it possible for people to make that accusation?...

his brother is in office in florida.. so they're in the same party right? of course..

that means his brother won a vote for his party to get there in the first place.

which to me means the state is probably more likely to vote pro-bush ;)

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 06:17:20 AM »
Now O, you know no republicans make it to office without cheating.  You're so naieve. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 12:22:44 PM »

No, it's not a sin

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 03:13:57 PM »
Ohio is definitely the key to this upcoming election. And who is the only member of WCC that lives in Ohio? That is right.....CWalker himself!!!

Oh and bad news for you Bush bashers, Ohio voted for Bush last election, and our governor, both US senators, and secretary of state are all Republican!

LMAO.....can you say four more years of Bush!!!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 03:18:15 PM »
Ohio is definitely the key to this upcoming election. And who is the only member of WCC that lives in Ohio? That is right.....CWalker himself!!!

Oh and bad news for you Bush bashers, Ohio voted for Bush last election, and our governor, both US senators, and secretary of state are all Republican!

LMAO.....can you say four more years of Bush!!!!!

how is the current vibe in Ohio? concerning the election
No, it's not a sin