Author Topic: Iraq Al Qaeda Link  (Read 331 times)

Thirteen

Iraq Al Qaeda Link
« on: October 19, 2004, 08:37:17 PM »
WE FOUND IT!!!! now if we could only find them WMD's

Al-Zarqawi group claims allegiance to bin Laden
'We will listen to your orders,' group tells al Qaeda boss
Sunday, October 17, 2004 Posted: 10:09 PM EDT (0209 GMT)

U.S. officials believe Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is in the insurgent-held city of Falluja, Iraq.

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (CNN) -- A statement attributed to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi's militant group declared allegiance to al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden on Sunday.

The statement, posted on Islamist Web sites, addressed bin Laden as "the sheik" and said al-Zarqawi's Unification and Jihad movement "badly needed" to join forces with al Qaeda.

"We will listen to your orders," it said. "If you ask us to join the war, we will do it and we will listen to your instructions. If you stop us from doing something, we will abide by your instructions."

U.S. officials have said they believe the Jordanian-born al-Zarqawi is in the insurgent-held city of Falluja, west of Baghdad, and numerous American airstrikes have targeted buildings believed to house his followers in recent weeks.

Unification and Jihad has claimed responsibility for the killings of numerous Westerners in Iraq, including the recent slayings of two Americans and a Briton kidnapped in September.

At least two audiotapes have appeared on Web sites over the past several months that CIA officials have attributed to al-Zarqawi, in which he claimed credit for attacks on coalition forces.

On a tape in April, al-Zarqawi claimed credit for the bombing of the U.N. headquarters in Baghdad on August 19, 2003, that killed 22 civilians, including the U.N.'s chief envoy to Iraq, Sergio Vieira de Mello. (Full story)

He also is suspected in the bombing of the Jordanian Embassy in Baghdad two weeks earlier that killed at least 16 people.

On the most recent tape, in July, al-Zarqawi threatened to kill Iraqi interim Prime Minister Ayad Allawi; Gen. John Abizaid, commander of the U.S. Central Command in Iraq; and L. Paul Bremer, who was then the U.S. civilian administrator in Iraq.

Jordan and the United States suspect al-Zarqawi of planning the death of U.S. diplomat Laurence Foley, who was killed in October 2002 in Amman.

A Jordanian court convicted him in absentia of planning to bomb tourist hotels during millennium celebrations.

On Sunday, a Jordanian prosecutor indicted al-Zarqawi and 12 others on charges of plotting to attack targets in that country with chemical and conventional weapons.

In June, the U.S. State Department put a $25 million price on al-Zarqawi's head, saying he had "a long-standing connection to the senior leadership of al Qaeda." (Full story)

Officials have said al-Zarqawi, who is said to be skilled in chemical and biological weapons, is not known to have been a member of al Qaeda, but evidence suggests he was in contact with key figures of the terrorist network.

Other observers consider al-Zarqawi a potential rival to bin Laden, whose group was behind the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, in the United States.

Sunday's statement said al-Zarqawi has "exchanged views" with al Qaeda over the past eight months.

"[Al Qaeda] showed understanding for our strategy, and they showed their support for our strategy and style and system," the group's statement said.

Before the invasion of Iraq, U.S. intelligence reports suggested al-Zarqawi had his leg amputated in a Baghdad hospital after being wounded fighting U.S. forces in Afghanistan. The allegation was part of Secretary of State Colin Powell's presentation to the U.N. Security Council in February 2003, in which he laid out the U.S. case for war.

But in April, a senior U.S. official said that report had been called into question: al-Zarqawi was still thought to have received medical treatment in Baghdad, but reports that he had his leg amputated appeared to have been incorrect, a U.S. official said.

Powell held up al-Zarqawi's al Qaeda-affiliated group operating in Baghdad as evidence of ties between al Qaeda and Iraq. He told the Security Council that after al Qaeda and the Taliban were ousted from Afghanistan, al-Zarqawi established a camp in northeastern Iraq to train terrorists in using explosives and poisons.

Intelligence services disagreed whether the camp was linked to Saddam's regime, and Iraqi officials steadfastly denied they had any links to al Qaeda, insisting such charges were part of a U.S. disinformation effort to justify a military attack.

Powell said that during al-Zarqawi's stay in Baghdad, nearly two dozen of his associates set up a base of operations in the capital to move people, money and supplies throughout the country.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Iraq Al Qaeda Link
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 08:49:36 PM »
Yes Al-Zarqawi "claims allegience to bin laden."  In the present tense.  As in, he recently claimed allegience to bin laden, post US invasion.

Anyone can claim allegiane to Bin Laden or any terrorist group.  That is how they grow their membership.  They are a decentralized network.  They have a stated mission and vision.  If you buy in you can join up at any time. 

Anyways, Al-Queda is the largest terrorist organization in the world.  They operate in dozens of nations.  Bush says he "dismantled 75% of Al-Queda" and sometimes he is more accurate and says "we dismantled 75% of Al-Queda leadership," but rarely is he accurate enough to say "we dismantled 75% of KNOWN Al-Queda leadership." The truth is that Bush had a list of about 12 people 75% of which we found and killed or captured.  We havent' dismantled 75% of Al-Queda leadership, and we certainly haven't dismantled 75% of Al-Queda.  The reason being, new Al-Queda leaders pop up every day.  All you have to do  is get a few guys together, decide you want to fight for the Al-Queda cause, and your an Al-queda leader. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 08:52:02 PM »
But they weren't invaded because of ties to Al Qaeda. If that were the case the US could invade Saudi Arabia along with many other countries.

The US invaded because of links to 9/11, and WMDs. The 9/11 Commision proved their are no links between Iraq and 9/11 and their still have been no WMD findings.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Thirteen

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 08:52:20 PM »
Yes Al-Zarqawi "claims allegience to bin laden."  In the present tense.  As in, he recently claimed allegience to bin laden, post US invasion.

Anyone can claim allegiane to Bin Laden or any terrorist group.  That is how they grow their membership.  They are a decentralized network.  They have a stated mission and vision.  If you buy in you can join up at any time. 

it was sarcasm...

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 08:56:39 PM »
The US invaded because of links to 9/11

Please show me ONE link from a member of the Bush Administration saying that we were invading Iraq specifically because of 9/11

Woodrow

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 08:58:53 PM »
Step your game up.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/14/jordan.killing/index.html

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:01:56 PM »
The US invaded because of links to 9/11

Please show me ONE link from a member of the Bush Administration saying that we were invading Iraq specifically because of 9/11

What was the official reason then? If it was because of links to Al Qaeda, why invade Iraq and not Saudi Arabia or Iran? WMDs have not been found.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 09:02:48 PM »

it was sarcasm...

Then I apologize.  I thought it was actually, but then changed my mind.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 09:04:03 PM »
Step your game up.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/14/jordan.killing/index.html

Ok I was wrong on that count.  But there was more to my post.  Read on. 

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 09:07:34 PM »
Ok I was wrong on that count.  But there was more to my post.  Read on. 
Why would I read on? It's clear you don't know what the fuck you're talking about from your first sentence.

Would you listen to the rest of a math teachers lecture if he came out saying: 2+2 is 5??

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2004, 09:26:21 PM »
That's fine.  I'm not going to convince everyone.  I just wanted to share some thoughts with people on this board about Kerry/Edwards.  Hopefully some people saw new information they haven't seen before.  But admittedly my arguments are not always going to be correct.  The best I can do is admit a mistake and move on. 

My stronger post was my initial one.  The others were at times written in haste. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 09:53:34 PM »
I firmly believe there are times when the ends justify the means.  The end was Saddam got fucked up, he was an asshole, so I say whatever the means were, they're justified. 

If someone wanted to kill all those motherfuckers over there running around in the streets burning u.s. flags and shit, I wouldn't really give a fuck what they're reasoning behind it was, either. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2004, 09:55:44 PM »
I firmly believe there are times when the ends justify the means.  The end was Saddam got fucked up, he was an asshole, so I say whatever the means were, they're justified. 

If someone wanted to kill all those motherfuckers over there running around in the streets burning u.s. flags and shit, I wouldn't really give a fuck what they're reasoning behind it was, either. 

That's not a very christian attitude.  Do you actually read your Bible?  You are a GWB kinda christian.  Religious when it suits you. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2004, 10:09:28 PM »
Who said anything about whether or not it was christian? One much greater than you will judge me on that some day, so your opinion and thoughts on it doesn't hold much weight with me. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2004, 10:17:01 PM »
Who said anything about whether or not it was christian? One much greater than you will judge me on that some day, so your opinion and thoughts on it doesn't hold much weight with me. 

They don't need to hold any weight with you.  Anyone can reread this post and see why your a hypocrite.  Anyone can re-read the other posts and see you've have yet to defend your candidate.  Does it matter?  Only if you care about your reputation on this board.  You post on it frequently so I assume you do.  But then again... to assume....