Author Topic: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...  (Read 959 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
that he's not Bush? He's a pretty similar candidate on a lot of issues. Only everything is like half-assed approaches. If you dislike Bush because of attacking Iraq, do you not realize that Kerry would have done the same, except he would have waited? Kerry has the same favour toward Israel. He gives half-assed responses to his views on gay marriage.

Really, voting against someone is a spit on democracy.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Thirteen

Re: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 08:48:34 PM »
that he's not Bush? He's a pretty similar candidate on a lot of issues. Only everything is like half-assed approaches. If you dislike Bush because of attacking Iraq, do you not realize that Kerry would have done the same, except he would have waited? Kerry has the same favour toward Israel. He gives half-assed responses to his views on gay marriage.

Really, voting against someone is a spit on democracy.

that was on the news earlier today... they said most people voting for kerry are only voting because they don't like bust

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 09:00:55 PM »
Part of the reason I am voting for Kerry is because I don't like Bush, but I do like Kerry's policies and character.  How about the following reasons:

1.  Kerry is more committed to the environment.
2.  Kerry's healthcare plan is much better than Bush's
3.  Kerry for a long time now has been urging us to invest in technology that will make us less dependent on foreign oil and more efficient in general. 
4.  Kerry will be more fiscally responsible than Bush. 
5.  Kerry is endorsed by virtually every living American economist with a credible record.  All the nobel laureates want him.  I have to believe he will manage the economy better than Bush will.
6.  Kerry stated the day he cast his vote to give Bush authority to wage war:

"Let there be no doubt or confusion about where we stand on this. I will support a multilateral effort to disarm him (Saddam) by force, if we ever exhaust those other options, as the President has promised, but I will not support a unilateral U.S. war against Iraq unless that threat is imminent and the multilateral effort has not proven possible under any circumstances." Kerry (Oct. 9, 2002)

7.  Kerry will support stem cell research. 
8.  For those of you who haven't seen it.  Kerry's testimony before Congress at the age of 27 after coming home from Vietnam impressed me a great deal and demonstrates that he is an individual who cares passionately about this country.   He committed to public service at a young age, and showed an ability to lead responsibly while still a young man.   

That is enough for now. 

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 09:05:13 PM »
Part of the reason I am voting for Kerry is because I don't like Bush, but I do like Kerry's policies and character.  How about the following reasons:

3.  Kerry for a long time now has been urging us to invest in technology that will make us less dependent on foreign oil and more efficient in general. 
5.  Kerry is endorsed by virtually every living American economist with a credible record.  All the nobel laureates want him.  I have to believe he will manage the economy better than Bush will.

"Let there be no doubt or confusion about where we stand on this. I will support a multilateral effort to disarm him (Saddam) by force, if we ever exhaust those other options, as the President has promised, but I will not support a unilateral U.S. war against Iraq unless that threat is imminent and the multilateral effort has not proven possible under any circumstances." Kerry (Oct. 9, 2002)

8.  For those of you who haven't seen it.  Kerry's testimony before Congress at the age of 27 after coming home from Vietnam impressed me a great deal and demonstrates that he is an individual who cares passionately about this country.   He committed to public service at a young age, and showed an ability to lead responsibly while still a young man.   

That is enough for now. 

1-4 Did Bush not promise the same thing in 2000?
6.Kerry can't really say he wouldn't because he wasn't under the pressure to make the decision at that time.
7.I don't see how that's a good thing, but I am staunchly opposed to stem cell research.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 09:08:22 PM »
As far as 8

09/25/04 8:34am
Joined 3/02
 George W. Bush- His Political Views In 1978:

Bush on the issues in 1978
Quotations are taken from Texas newspapers that year.

Equal Rights Amendment: Thought it was "unnecessary."

Gay rights: Said he had "done nothing to promote homosexuality in our society."

Abortion: Said he was against "federal funding of abortions" but favored leaving the question of abortion up to a woman and her doctor.that does not mean I'm for abortion."

D.C. statehood: "I do not favor statehood for Washington, D.C. The District was formed to provide a neutral area from which the federal government could operate. It was never intended to be a state, nor have the powers of a state."

Foreign policy: "I would vote against the implementation of sanctions against either Rhodesia [now Zimbabwe] or the Republic of South Africa. It is contrary to the best interests of the United States to allow Marxist-backed guerrillas to take over any free country, especially in a strife-ridden continent like Africa."

Economic policy: "I believe in fiscal conservatism, which is free enterprise, the philosophy of growth, in other words, the exact opposite of stagnancy."

National health insurance: "I don't think it is economical and is a disincentive for the medical profession to be efficient."

Occupational Safety and Health Administration: "This is a misuse of power. It has overstepped its boundaries."

Social Security: "I think it will be bust in 10 years unless there are some changes. The ideal solution would be for Social Security to be made sound and people given the chance to invest the money the way they feel."

© 1999 The Washington Post Company

http://www.washingtonpost...072999.htm

Just because someone was political at a young age does not qualify them to be President.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 09:28:21 PM »
As long as we don't have a Muslim president, every president will have the same favor towards Israel (which is a good thing).

pappy

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2004, 09:39:01 PM »
i dont understand where your coming from tho lincoln.  Say you do not like where the president has taken the country in the past 4 years.  And you see the country goin more into the shitter with him as president.  How is basing your vote on what you have wittnessed him do a spit in the face of democracy.  As long as the other candidate isnt a complete joke how is that a spit in the face of democracy?

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2004, 09:42:33 PM »
I never said I was impressed with the fact that he was political.  I was impressed with the fact that he stood up as a young man in front of congress and took on a leadership role in this country.  I like the fact that he was always committed to public service while Bush was committed to public service only after a few failed attempts to make money. 

I don't like cliche's but "actions speak louder than words."  Bush may have promised things, but he hasn't delivered.  He isn't fiscally responsible.  He isn't protecting a woman's right to choose.  He did not look out for the health and well-being of the American population when he decided to protect the US pharmseutical market from foreign competition. 

We shouldn't be approaching politics in the same manner we approach sporting events.  Its ok to irrationally cheer for your tearm in sports, but in politics that sort of mentality can produce devastating results.  Too many people act like its a personal thing if your candidate wins or loses.  It shouldn't be.  In sports its fun to try and argue why your team is the best never giving the other tearm any credit.  But whether the Yankees win or the Red Sox win it really doesn't matter.  If you irrationally support the wrong side it doesn't just affect me, it affects you too. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2004, 09:49:54 PM »
Go BUSH!

I called the local Board of Elections today, just to make sure everything was o.k. with my voter registration.  I checked online, and they had me listed as inactive, because they thought I moved.  Good thing I called! They got it straightened away, so I'll be able to vote my conscience and for the man I think will do the better job for our country November 2nd.  Also, my brother has been watching the debates on his own, and recently informed me he's registered and will also be voting for George Bush.  *Keeps fingers crossed!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2004, 10:30:49 PM »
Go BUSH!

I called the local Board of Elections today, just to make sure everything was o.k. with my voter registration.  I checked online, and they had me listed as inactive, because they thought I moved.  Good thing I called! They got it straightened away, so I'll be able to vote my conscience and for the man I think will do the better job for our country November 2nd.  Also, my brother has been watching the debates on his own, and recently informed me he's registered and will also be voting for George Bush.  *Keeps fingers crossed!!!

North Carolina always votes for the republicans anyway... they say this time demos have a chance because edwards is a senator there, but I think that's pretty much not true.
but CWalker is from Ohio and Im damn sure he's going to vote Bush too, so be happy the significant part of Wcc (when it comes to voting) is on your side
« Last Edit: October 19, 2004, 10:56:26 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 04:48:03 AM »

That is enough for now. 
Really? Because candidates NEVER EVER say things that they dont end up doing.  ::)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 06:04:48 AM »
i was for bush.. then i realized i despise bushes views on drugs.. and hes too pro christianity.. and im an athiast.. and i believe in the seperation of church and state.. bush doesnt know what that is...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2004, 07:33:17 AM »
I lean so far left, that I bleed communist red. (oh, everyone else bleeds red, well I bleed red 'cause I'm a commie.) My dad was in the auto market, a market that Nader help ruin in the 70's, when he went to court again GM for making smaller, more fuel friendly cars. Nader single handly ruined the great Motor State of Michigan, so fuck him. Also, Nader is not on the California ballot, which is weird because this state is far left. Anyways, The next left person is Kerry, who I don't completely agree with in everything, but his the closest to my views. So I am voting for Kerry. Bush is way to far right for my liking, and his putting religion into everything he does I feel is a slap in the face to my beliefs. I doubt God has told anyone to invade Iraq in today's society, and then give reasons that don't exist. I feel that Kerry is a better person for the office, coming from my point of view, and the way I grew up.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2004, 09:39:48 AM »
i dont understand where your coming from tho lincoln.  Say you do not like where the president has taken the country in the past 4 years.  And you see the country goin more into the shitter with him as president.  How is basing your vote on what you have wittnessed him do a spit in the face of democracy.  As long as the other candidate isnt a complete joke how is that a spit in the face of democracy?

It's a spit in the face of democracy to vote for Kerry just because he could beat Bush. The whole reason we have democracy is so that you can vote the candidate who best represents your views, not who has a chance at winning. That's why 3rd parties have no chance. If people vote who you believe best represents their views then 3rd parties would have more support. For example, all the Nader support is going to Kerry, but Nader will never even reach the debates unless he gets votes.

Paris

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2004, 09:47:50 AM »

It's a spit in the face of democracy to vote for Kerry just because he could beat Bush. The whole reason we have democracy is so that you can vote the candidate who best represents your views, not who has a chance at winning. That's why 3rd parties have no chance. If people vote who you believe best represents their views then 3rd parties would have more support. For example, all the Nader support is going to Kerry, but Nader will never even reach the debates unless he gets votes.

Kerry does support my views and it is unfair to say that simply because Bush made promises he never kept Kerry would do the same thing.  That logic is unfair.  Because one candidate did bad things, so will the other candidate, so might as well just stick with the bad candidate we already have in place? 

I do not know if Kerry will achieve all his stated priorities but I do believe they are his actual priorities.  Meanwhile I can't say the same for GWB.  I also can say that I strongly disagree with GWB basic worldview.  For example,

"we need to kill the terrorists over there so we don't have to fight them here." This statement makes very little sense.

"even knowing everything we know today I would have done everything exactly the same as I did it"