Author Topic: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...  (Read 958 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2004, 06:10:58 AM »

LoL why would you bring up things that wont happen anyway, like no democrats going to the polls and bullshit like this, fatass.

Another point why the system sucks so hard: 3rd parties wont have any say whatsoever.

The only reason why they still go to states like NY is fund-raising.

You're wrong here buddy. Insulting me wont save you.

My point was that it would happen if people had your logic (or lack there of) since they won't think their vote counts
3rd parties won't have any say? Now you're crossing the line from stupid to retarded. They might not win the election, but if you know anything about U.S. history, then you wouldn't make dumb comments like that.
Insulting you won't save me? There's nothing I need to save myself from; however, now we know why you called me "fatass" (to save yourself). I was pointing out an observation I had made about you... you just made a comment to prove to us how dumb you are with your elementary remarks

3rd parties have the say to steal votes of the democrats and shit like that, but no way they ever win a state.
I called you a fatass because you called me a bratwurst, just to make it even with the stereotypical attacks.
I dont see how you can possibly say Im dumb for this thread. There are good reasons for not liking this system.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2004, 06:13:54 AM »
hm.. wasnt there another post by me  ???

anyways what I also wanted to add is if you say it makes ppl feel bad that live in smaller states... how the hell is that relevant when you go by popular vote? every vote counts the same. no matter what state you live in.

Ok, I guess I have to repeat myself for the slow ones. Candidates would just care about the larger states and wouldn't give a shit about the smaller ones. The top 5 states (ranked by population) account for about 100 million people. 10% of states = 33% of the population. You think any candidate would visit Wyoming for support? NO. WTF FOR? WHY GO TO WYOMING WITH LESS THAN 500,000 PEOPLE, WHEN YOU CAN VISIT CALIFORNIA WHERE THERE ARE ABOUT 30 MILLION PEOPLE?!

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2004, 06:19:13 AM »
3rd parties have the say to steal votes of the democrats and shit like that, but no way they ever win a state.

Like I said, educate yourself, and actually know what the hell you're talking about before you talk about it. More often than not, 3rd parties gain support for stances they take on certain issues. If they bring up an issue that many people relate to and support, then the Democrat/Republican candidate will see that he could get some extra votes by talking about the issue, so he includes that in his campaign. So, in the end the issue or concern is taken care of, not always to a full extent, but progess is made. That's what 3rd parties often hope to achieve. If you don't believe me, then go read a U.S. history book.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2004, 06:19:31 AM »
hm.. wasnt there another post by me  ???

anyways what I also wanted to add is if you say it makes ppl feel bad that live in smaller states... how the hell is that relevant when you go by popular vote? every vote counts the same. no matter what state you live in.

Ok, I guess I have to repeat myself for the slow ones. Candidates would just care about the larger states and wouldn't give a shit about the smaller ones. The top 5 states (ranked by population) account for about 100 million people. 10% of states = 33% of the population. You think any candidate would visit Wyoming for support? NO. WTF FOR? WHY GO TO WYOMING WITH LESS THAN 500,000 PEOPLE, WHEN YOU CAN VISIT CALIFORNIA WHERE THERE ARE ABOUT 30 MILLION PEOPLE?!
I guess I have to repeat myself for the stubborn, pseudo-smart ones.
yea if you talk about visiting, all I can say is that noone will visit wyoming for electoral votes anyway, since they'll vote republican. it is a total waste of time for both candidates. why would a democrat go there if he wont get the majority and therefore nothing anyway. why would a republican go there if he gets the majority no matter what.
on the other side, we got the same thing with new york (for democrats) and also california.
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2004, 06:23:10 AM »

Like I said, educate yourself, and actually know what the hell you're talking about before you talk about it. More often than not, 3rd parties gain support for stances they take on certain issues. If they bring up an issue that many people relate to and support, then the Democrat/Republican candidate will see that he could get some extra votes by talking about the issue, so he includes that in his campaign. So, in the end the issue or concern is taken care of, not always to a full extent, but progess is made. That's what 3rd parties often hope to achieve. If you don't believe me, then go read a U.S. history book.

well that's really noble but what Nader achieved in 2000 were 2 things:

1) proving that he hasnt the slightest thing to say with this system.. he might change something indirectly like you state, but he has no direct say like in germany where even the smallest parties have a few seats. you go and study a book, one reason why Nader candidates is to prove how unjust the electoral system you have is.

2) taking Gore's votes, so that Bush became President.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2004, 06:29:14 AM »
yea if you talk about visiting, all I can say is that noone will visit wyoming for electoral votes anyway, since they'll vote republican. it is a total waste of time for both candidates. why would a democrat go there if he wont get the majority and therefore nothing anyway. why would a republican go there if he gets the majority no matter what.
on the other side, we got the same thing with new york (for democrats) and also california.

Are you expecting me to prove you wrong on the same thing more than once? Not all small states always vote Republican. If you really think that, then you're officially an idiot.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2004, 06:30:34 AM »

Are you expecting me to prove you wrong on the same thing more than once? Not all small states always vote Republican. If you really think that, then you're officially an idiot.

lol of course I dont think this. fuck small/huge. point is, there are certain states that always vote for a certain party.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2004, 06:32:03 AM »
well that's really noble but what Nader achieved in 2000 were 2 things:

1) proving that he hasnt the slightest thing to say with this system.. he might change something indirectly like you state, but he has no direct say like in germany where even the smallest parties have a few seats. you go and study a book, one reason why Nader candidates is to prove how unjust the electoral system you have is.

2) taking Gore's votes, so that Bush became President.

1) Might change some things? Do you even know anything about Nader's accomplishments?
2) Ok, so whose fault is that? If Nader didn't want Bush to be president, then he shouldn't have ran. If Nader doesn't care, why do you?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2004, 06:35:07 AM »

lol of course I dont think this.  fuck small/huge. point is, there are certain states that always vote for a certain party.

No, I know exactly how it works. At least as good as you, probably even better. And it sucks. The small states arent considered either way cause they always vote for republicans. New York isnt considered cause they always vote for the democrats. I have the knowledge I need, so shut up.

LMAO. OWNED. NOW WILL YOU SHUT UP?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 06:45:40 AM by DaBoss »

dexter

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2004, 06:44:25 AM »
Bush ia a moron a FOOL JOKER COURT JESTER Coke Snorting LOSER RETARD!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2004, 07:01:03 AM »
horrible. I made a huge ass post and the session timed out and it was all gone.

well... start over...  ::)

about nader:
em.. why should I not care, just because Nader doesnt? Am I him? No, definitely not. He's mad cause the democrats act more and more like republicans and wants to "punish" them :D
well, I dont want dems act like reps, but nevertheless dems are still better than reps to me, and kerry is much better than bush to me, so to be straight with you I dont like Nader, because he's indirectly helping Bush, which isnt a good thing in my opinion.

lol of course I dont think this. fuck small/huge. point is, there are certain states that always vote for a certain party.

No, I know exactly how it works. At least as good as you, probably even better. And it sucks. The small states arent considered either way cause they always vote for republicans. New York isnt considered cause they always vote for the democrats. I have the knowledge I need, so shut up.

you say popular vote system is bad cause the small states dont get so much action then.
I say: true,

BUT: with the  electoral college system many states dont get much action either (and not only some small.. also some huge like NY, CA, Texas) because they gon vote for a certain party no matter what. Still candidates go to, let's say new york, because of fund-raising. but the campaign is definitely centered on swing-states like florida, ohio and pennsylvania.

conclusion: your argument that small states dont get the attention is irrelevant, cause having your current system certain small states (and also big states) wont  get much action either.

you say Nader still affects US politics.
I say: true,

BUT: he doesnt affect them directly because he can never have a majority. never.

also, popular vote is better cause every fucking vote really counts. in the electoral college system votes of republican new yorkers never matter, only the majority in each state matters and if one candidate leads by 500 votes or 20 % doesnt matter.

edit: btw .. concerning your quote where you try to prove that I am contradicting myself..  no I dont, because many traditional republican states are the ones with a low population. that's a fact. and those are the ones I talked about in the post. of course there are also little states that vote democratic, but I havent talked about those in this case.
example: you say wyoming is left out in a popular vote system because the population is nothing compated to cali's population. I say right, but in the electoral college system it's left out as well, because wyoming's electoral votes always go to the reps.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 07:04:48 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2004, 07:10:08 AM »
Instead of reading your post, and proving more of your points wrong, I'll just respond with this because this speaks for itself:

lol of course I dont think this.  fuck small/huge. point is, there are certain states that always vote for a certain party.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2004, 07:13:07 AM »

sorry you're right, I dont have anything to come up with anymore. so Im just going to make a stupid comment and hope nobody reads your post and finds mine funny. take your shit outta context like benzino, hopefully works. sorry for wasting your time man

it's ok
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2004, 07:15:26 AM »
If that's gonna help you sleep at night then keep rewriting everything I say according to your liking...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2004, 07:17:51 AM »
If that's gonna help you sleep at night then keep rewriting everything I say according to your liking...
you did get it didnt cha?
if not, I just put your real thoughts in :D ...plus made a little fun of you.
No, it's not a sin