Author Topic: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...  (Read 970 times)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Do Americans who are voting Kerry vote for him for any reason besides...
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2004, 05:30:21 PM »
7even the Hairbinger, you obviously have no idea how the electoral college works or why it was implemented. If it didn't exist, then the smaller states wouldn't count for shit. Candidates would just spend their time and money in states like California and New York. The electoral college creates a balance of power (large vs. small states). Either you have no knowledge about the U.S. political system, or you don't live here and shouldn't even talk about shit you have no clue about.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2004, 08:36:14 PM »
No one knows shit about the electoral college... here's a quote from Alexander Hamilton, a founder member of the U.S.

It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations. It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief.

Originally, people elected the people to vote for president. So in your congress distract, you voted for the person to vote for president. No one back then knew who was running, they couldn't see him, hear him. Information was not as easy to come by now. Now we can turn on C-Span and look in on congress, C-Span 2 and watch the senate, turn on the TV and see our president, the people running, it was a different world back the. That's why we have the electoral college that's in the U.S. It was put in the constitution to keep the vote out of the people's hand, because the presidental election is too important to put into the regular person's hand. One aspect of the electoral system that is not mandated in the constitution is the fact that the winner takes all the votes in the state. Therefore it makes no difference if you win a state by 50.1% or by 80% of the vote you receive the same number of electoral votes. This can be a receipe for one individual to win some states by large pluralities and lose others by small number of votes, and thus this is an easy scenario for one candidate winning the popular vote while another winning the electoral vote. This winner take all methods used in picking electors has been decided by the states themselves. This trend took place over the course of the 19th century. This part I have issues with. I think our vote should all count equally, and we should each be people that have an equal say in our president. We should vote as a nation, not as seprate states. The time of the founding of this country is over, we need to move forward with our country and modernize.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 02:54:09 AM »
If you want to talk about moving forward and modernizing, how about that "Spell Check" button? I don't know how the Congress "distracts" you.

By the way, each vote does count "equally" because my vote is counted as 1 vote, and so is yours. Nobody here casts a vote that is counted as more than 1 vote.

Did you know that the top 5 states (ranked by population) account for about 100 million people? 100 million people! That's about one-third of the nation's population. 10% of the states make up 33% of the population. You make the comparison, and do some elementary math, and tell me that smaller states wouldn't be fucked up the ass if we didn't have the electoral college. You think candidates would care about Wyoming? You think Bush would go and give speeches in Vermont or North Dakota about the economy? Fuck No. The candidates would focus on California, New York, Texas, Florida, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. With the electoral college, people living in states like Wyoming actually feel like their vote is important. Otherwise, we'd just have a bunch of people voting in guys whom they have no fuckin clue about, and that's exactly what you were arguing against.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2004, 04:43:52 AM »
7even the Hairbinger, you obviously have no idea how the electoral college works or why it was implemented. If it didn't exist, then the smaller states wouldn't count for shit. Candidates would just spend their time and money in states like California and New York. The electoral college creates a balance of power (large vs. small states). Either you have no knowledge about the U.S. political system, or you don't live here and shouldn't even talk about shit you have no clue about.

No, I know exactly how it works. At least as good as you, probably even better. And it sucks. The small states arent considered either way cause they always vote for republicans. New York isnt considered cause they always vote for the democrats. I have the knowledge I need, so shut up.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2004, 05:27:09 AM »

No, I know exactly how it works. At least as good as you, probably even better. And it sucks. The small states arent considered either way cause they always vote for republicans. New York isnt considered cause they always vote for the democrats. I have the knowledge I need, so shut up.

Small states aren't "considered" because they always vote for Republicans? Are you really dumb enough to make comments like that? Your last sentence contradicts the rest of your post.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2004, 05:35:31 AM »
Just so I don't make you look like a complete idiot, I will just use data from the last election.

Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, and Vermont all went to AL GORE, THE DEMOCRAT.

Conecticut with 8 has the highest electoral vote of the states listed, and Delaware and Vermont actually have 3 each, so don't come with that "THEY ALWAYS VOTE REPUBLICAN" bull.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2004, 05:41:37 AM »
If you want to talk about moving forward and modernizing, how about that "Spell Check" button? I don't know how the Congress "distracts" you.
hey.. do u have a phsycological problem against bad spelling.. or do you just use that to think you are smarter than others??

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2004, 05:41:56 AM »
Alaska, Utah, Wyoming, Kansas, Idaho, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Indiana, Montana, Mississippi, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina, Texas - wont vote democratic.

The point is not if a state is actually small or not. The point is, there are many, many states that tend to always vote republican, and also a few that tend to always vote democratic.

Now, your point was that a lot of states with fewer ppl arent considered if the system was different because only few ppl are in it.

But, this, unfortunately is BS, since many states arent taken into account because everybody knows what they gon vote for.

The vote of the individual therefore doesnt count. A democrat in Texas can vote democratic all he wants, it wont matter. Same with a republican in New York.

I really dont see how that is better than states with few ppl being left out cause the popular vote they contribute is so small.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2004, 05:42:59 AM »
hey.. do u have a phsycological problem against bad spelling.. or do you just use that to think you are smarter than others??

Psychological*  ;)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2004, 05:45:36 AM »
I really dont see how that is better than states with few ppl being left out cause the popular vote they contribute is so small.

LOL are you still arguing against me? You just proved my point, you retard. You admit that small states will be left out and that it's not a big deal since the votes they contribute aren't very many. So how does that make people living in small states feel? Seriously, use some common sense and logic.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2004, 05:48:24 AM »

LOL are you still arguing against me? You just proved my point, you retard. You admit that small states will be left out and that it's not a big deal since the votes they contribute aren't very many. So how does that make people living in small states feel? Seriously, use some common sense and logic.

hm, do you just pretend to not get it or what is wrong with you otherwise? like it is now, big states like  new york are being left out lol is that better... and if you dont live in a swing state, your vote is nothing but symbolic how doesnt that gobble dick?  the system sucks. deal with it.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2004, 05:57:57 AM »
hm, do you just pretend to not get it or what is wrong with you otherwise? like it is now, big states like  new york are being left out lol is that better... and if you dont live in a swing state, your vote is nothing but symbolic how doesnt that gobble dick?  the system sucks. deal with it.

You seem to top yourself with each post. Now the big states are being left out? What's next? "The candidates don't care about any of the votes, they've just always had the life-long dream of being on T.V."
So, if you don't live in a swing state (California)... and people living in California lacked common sense (just like you) and a great number of them decide they won't vote since their vote doesn't count anyways, and more Republicans show up at the polls than Democrats... then would the votes count?

So not only are you proving yourself to be wrong and an idiot in this case, but you're also telling me to deal with a system that I'm comfortable with (you're the one who has a problem with it, and I don't even see why, you bratwurst)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2004, 06:02:26 AM »

You seem to top yourself with each post. Now the big states are being left out? What's next? "The candidates don't care about any of the votes, they've just always had the life-long dream of being on T.V."
So, if you don't live in a swing state (California)... and people living in California lacked common sense (just like you) and a great number of them decide they won't vote since their vote doesn't count anyways, and more Republicans show up at the polls than Democrats... then would the votes count?

So not only are you proving yourself to be wrong and an idiot in this case, but you're also telling me to deal with a system that I'm comfortable with (you're the one who has a problem with it, and I don't even see why, you bratwurst)

LoL why would you bring up things that wont happen anyway, like no democrats going to the polls and bullshit like this, fatass.

Another point why the system sucks so hard: 3rd parties wont have any say whatsoever.

The only reason why they still go to states like NY is fund-raising.

You're wrong here buddy. Insulting me wont save you.
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2004, 06:06:41 AM »
hm.. wasnt there another post by me  ???

anyways what I also wanted to add is if you say it makes ppl feel bad that live in smaller states... how the hell is that relevant when you go by popular vote? every vote counts the same. no matter what state you live in.

also, dont you think somebody from kansas feels bad when he's a democrat but his vote doesnt matter cause his state always votes republican.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2004, 06:07:44 AM »

LoL why would you bring up things that wont happen anyway, like no democrats going to the polls and bullshit like this, fatass.

Another point why the system sucks so hard: 3rd parties wont have any say whatsoever.

The only reason why they still go to states like NY is fund-raising.

You're wrong here buddy. Insulting me wont save you.

My point was that it would happen if people had your logic (or lack there of) since they won't think their vote counts
3rd parties won't have any say? Now you're crossing the line from stupid to retarded. They might not win the election, but if you know anything about U.S. history, then you wouldn't make dumb comments like that.
Insulting you won't save me? There's nothing I need to save myself from; however, now we know why you called me "fatass" (to save yourself). I was pointing out an observation I had made about you... you just made a comment to prove to us how dumb you are with your elementary remarks