Author Topic: What happens if a candidate wins the election....  (Read 525 times)

Woodrow

Re: What happens if a candidate wins the election....
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2004, 11:12:26 AM »

LOL!

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2004, 04:03:38 PM »
DaBoss - you're clearly not grasping the concept here. Who gives a flying fuck what the majority of a state votes?  If there is no electoral college, individual votes would never be discarded. The populous would decide who wins the presidency.  My vote means jack shit in the electoral college if i'm a minority (meaning voting in the minority) in my voting district. MY VOTE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO WHO GETS ELECTED. If it were the individuals voting, my vote would be tallied along with every other person's vote. It may be a raindrop in the ocean, but it still counts. The electoral college isn't a representation of individuals, its representative of a region. And to me, thats not fair. 

Since you ducked my question earlier, i'll repeat it:  DO YOU NOT SEE FLAW IN A SYSTEM THAT COULD POTENTIALLY ELECT A PRESIDENT THAT DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF INDIVIDUAL VOTES?

It works fine for me. You and 7even are the ones getting your panties in a twist over it, and 7even is from Germany so I have no fuckin clue why he even cares.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2004, 04:41:13 PM »
because america is the shit thats why.

....you have posted 53 times in one day? You need some friends.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2004, 04:48:03 PM »
No one knows the answer to the question? For a mod, 7even sure goes off topic a lot in threads.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2004, 05:04:29 PM »
No one knows the answer to the question? For a mod, 7even sure goes off topic a lot in threads.

That's what people do when they know they're wrong and are lost for answers. LOL he went as far as saying "someone moved my posts"

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2004, 05:05:26 PM »
because america is the shit thats why.

....you have posted 53 times in one day? You need some friends.

Shut your mouth, inferior one. Do you remember a thread named "rampant"? Go read it, and see how stupid you are.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2004, 05:09:55 PM »
And since you're such a homo and concerned with my life, I actually had a test today, so I was up all night studying. While I was studying, I used my posts making 7even look like an idiot to keep me awake. He saw the same fate you did a while back. Now go and talk about politics to elementary kids because they might actually think you're right about the shit you say.

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2004, 05:18:23 PM »
If no candidate is able to achieve the 270 minimum, it goes to the 'House of Reps' for a decision.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2004, 05:20:10 PM »
If no candidate is able to achieve the 270 minimum, it goes to the 'House of Reps' for a decision.

Ok, that makes sense. Could you possibly elaborate a bit? How does that work? Thanks.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2004, 05:29:37 PM »

Ok, that makes sense. Could you possibly elaborate a bit? How does that work? Thanks.
No problem.  It comes down to a simple vote.  The candidate with the two thirds majority would be the new president elect.  If the House can't come to a concensus it then moves on to the supreme court.  The fact that the two party system is ingrained into American politics; the House may never have to vote. A thrid party would have to become popular enough to recieve electoral votes to prevent any candidate from reaching the 270 minimum.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2004, 05:42:59 PM »

No problem.  It comes down to a simple vote.  The candidate with the two thirds majority would be the new president elect.  If the House can't come to a concensus it then moves on to the supreme court.  The fact that the two party system is ingrained into American politics; the House may never have to vote. A thrid party would have to become popular enough to recieve electoral votes to prevent any candidate from reaching the 270 minimum.

Interesting, thanks.

Paris

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2004, 06:16:02 PM »

Interesting, thanks.
Any more questions just ask.  I would have expected more people would have known that tid bit of knowledge considering this is the train of thought section.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2004, 06:39:23 PM »

Interesting, thanks.
Any more questions just ask.  I would have expected more people would have known that tid bit of knowledge considering this is the train of thought section.

Well I don't live in the US, and we don't really get to into the specifics of every aspect of the US political structure here. Just the main parts like the electoral college and the main parties.

Paris

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2004, 07:12:56 PM »
Lincoln, that's ok and actually respectable. It's better that you ask, rather than make dumb, ignorant remarks. (ex: 7even the Hairbinger, Rampant)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2004, 04:51:02 AM »
Lincoln, that's ok and actually respectable. It's better that you ask, rather than make dumb, ignorant remarks. (ex: 7even the Hairbinger, Rampant)

you couldnt prove me wrong, and I proved you wrong in the end... so? all that you could say (like 6 times) was hey!!!!11 but 7ev7en said, all small states vote republian, cand  than he said they dont!!!1 LOL!!11 "

bitch please... bow down.
DaBoss - you're clearly not grasping the concept here. Who gives a flying fuck what the majority of a state votes?  If there is no electoral college, individual votes would never be discarded. The populous would decide who wins the presidency.  My vote means jack shit in the electoral college if i'm a minority (meaning voting in the minority) in my voting district. MY VOTE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO WHO GETS ELECTED. If it were the individuals voting, my vote would be tallied along with every other person's vote. It may be a raindrop in the ocean, but it still counts. The electoral college isn't a representation of individuals, its representative of a region. And to me, thats not fair. 

Since you ducked my question earlier, i'll repeat it:  DO YOU NOT SEE FLAW IN A SYSTEM THAT COULD POTENTIALLY ELECT A PRESIDENT THAT DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF INDIVIDUAL VOTES?

It works fine for me. You and 7even are the ones getting your panties in a twist over it, and 7even is from Germany so I have no fuckin clue why he even cares.

The system works fine for you, Im ok with that. That's a matter of preferation. But claiming the popular vote system is worse than your system because some states dont get as much attention as others is rubbish. I just want you to realize that. That was what our discussion yesterday was all about, and if you was a little less stubborn you'd accept things the way they are.
I do care, I think that's mostly the case because we Europeans tend to take a look at things that are going on in the world and not just in our respective country.
Further I dont understand why you have to get so offensive, but then again that's not my business is it.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 05:18:08 AM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin