Author Topic: What happens if a candidate wins the election....  (Read 526 times)

Fathom

• 'G'
Re: What happens if a candidate wins the election....
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2004, 05:15:44 PM »
Lincoln, that's ok and actually respectable. It's better that you ask, rather than make dumb, ignorant remarks. (ex: 7even the Hairbinger, Rampant)

you couldnt prove me wrong, and I proved you wrong in the end... so? all that you could say (like 6 times) was hey!!!!11 but 7ev7en said, all small states vote republian, cand  than he said they dont!!!1 LOL!!11 "

bitch please... bow down.
DaBoss - you're clearly not grasping the concept here. Who gives a flying fuck what the majority of a state votes?  If there is no electoral college, individual votes would never be discarded. The populous would decide who wins the presidency.  My vote means jack shit in the electoral college if i'm a minority (meaning voting in the minority) in my voting district. MY VOTE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO WHO GETS ELECTED. If it were the individuals voting, my vote would be tallied along with every other person's vote. It may be a raindrop in the ocean, but it still counts. The electoral college isn't a representation of individuals, its representative of a region. And to me, thats not fair. 

Since you ducked my question earlier, i'll repeat it:  DO YOU NOT SEE FLAW IN A SYSTEM THAT COULD POTENTIALLY ELECT A PRESIDENT THAT DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF INDIVIDUAL VOTES?

It works fine for me. You and 7even are the ones getting your panties in a twist over it, and 7even is from Germany so I have no fuckin clue why he even cares.

The system works fine for you, Im ok with that. That's a matter of preferation. But claiming the popular vote system is worse than your system because some states dont get as much attention as others is rubbish. I just want you to realize that. That was what our discussion yesterday was all about, and if you was a little less stubborn you'd accept things the way they are.
I do care, I think that's mostly the case because we Europeans tend to take a look at things that are going on in the world and not just in our respective country.
Further I dont understand why you have to get so offensive, but then again that's not my business is it.
The electoral college is out-dated and un-needed.  If we take a look at the flaws of the electoral college (beyond the fact that it discourages minority voters in their particular state to vote) we see that it has completely failed 4 times.  Thats right 4 presidents have been elected that did not win the popular vote, including Goerge W.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2004, 08:12:19 PM »
and if you was a little less stubborn you'd accept things the way they are.

LOL, you have to remember who's arguing against it, and wants the change before you make dumb comments like that. Ironically, I AM the one who accepts things the way they are, YOU don't. Seriously, sometimes I wonder how people can lack something like common sense, but then I talk to people like you and I realize that you're just uninformed.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2004, 03:05:16 AM »
and if you was a little less stubborn you'd accept things the way they are.

LOL, you have to remember who's arguing against it, and wants the change before you make dumb comments like that. Ironically, I AM the one who accepts things the way they are, YOU don't. Seriously, sometimes I wonder how people can lack something like common sense, but then I talk to people like you and I realize that you're just uninformed.

LoL you still dont relate to the argument and you keep telling me Im uninformed while you cant say anything against it. that's funny.

I say youre stubborn cause you wont accept neither the flaws the system has nor that Im right. that just sucks. if you was right, I had no problem in admitting that..
Im cool with you still liking the system, really. I just tell you why I dont like it - I dont know how it's necessary to attack me all the time for pretty much anything, like me speaking the truth (about the voter turnout)..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2004, 04:10:19 AM »
Awww, poor 7even the Harbinger feels violated...  :'(