Author Topic: Republicans For Kerry... a list of prominent republicans opposed to Bush  (Read 428 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See the link for a partial list of Republicans who endorse Kerry

http://www.dkosopedia.com/index.php/Republicans_for_Kerry_2004
_________

Some Quotes:

"The fact is that today’s “Republican” Party is one with which I am totally unfamiliar. To me, the word “Republican” has always been synonymous with the word “responsibility,” which has meant limiting our governmental obligations to those we can afford in human and financial terms. Today’s whopping budget deficit of some $440 billion does not meet that criterion."

"Responsibility used to be observed in foreign affairs. That has meant respect for others. America, though recognized as the leader of the community of nations, has always acted as a part of it, not as a maverick separate from that community and at times insulting towards it. Leadership involves setting a direction and building consensus, not viewing other countries as practically devoid of significance. Recent developments indicate that the current Republican Party leadership has confused confident leadership with hubris and arrogance. "  - John Eisenhower, Son of Dwight Eisenhower, Former U.S. Ambassador, Professor of Military Strategy & Politcal Science

________

Throughout my tenure and beyond as the 30th governor of this state, I have been steadfastly aligned -- and until recently, proudly so -- with the Minnesota Republican Party.

It dismays me, therefore, to have to publicly disagree with the national Republican agenda and the national Republican candidate but, this year, I must.

The two "Say No to Bush" signs in my yard say it all."  - Elmer L. Andersen, Former Republican Governor of Minnesota

_________

I shall cast my vote for John Kerry come Nov 2.

I have been, and will continue to be, a Republican. But when we as a party send the wrong person to the White House, then it is our responsibility to send him home if our nation suffers as a result of his actions. I fall in the category of good conservative thinkers, like George F. Will, for instance, who wrote: "This administration cannot be trusted to govern if it cannot be counted on to think and having thought, to have second thoughts."

I say, well done George Will, or, even better, from the mouth of the numero uno of conservatives, William F. Buckley Jr.: "If I knew then what I know now about what kind of situation we would be in, I would have opposed the war."  - Marlow Cooke, Former Republican Senator from Kentucky

Woodrow

Re: Republicans For Kerry... a list of prominent republicans opposed to Bush
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 12:27:16 PM »
Question:

Why do you care so much what others think? Shouldn't YOU be the deciding factor in who you vote for?

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 12:33:55 PM »
he thinks that he can win over bush voters in the last two weeks

word of advice... if people that are going to vote for bush haven't jumped ship in the last 4 years...i think you can post all the gay little articles you want until your face turns blue and they're not going to change their opinion...

do something creative other than wasting time in your short life, give to charity, start a food drive or some shit

pappy

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 01:04:30 PM »
yea its the wrong place to post.  98% of the board has already decieded who they are voting for.  Im voting for kerry

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 01:06:45 PM »
^^ at least your not making a bunch of stupid articles about how we should too.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 02:35:48 PM »
Some people will no doubt be offended by the fact that a wealth of information challenges their faith in Bush.  But others appreciate this information.  In the end, its only a single post on a large forum.  If you don't want to read my posts, you are not required to.  This forum exists to post and discuss issues such as these.  The desire by Bush supporters to simply ignore, or avoid information that challenges their views further proves why a Bush win will be bad for America.  His supporters are willingly uninformed.

On the other hand, I highly doubt you will ever see a Kerry supporter run from criticism.  The reason being, they don't have to.  But everywhere I go Bush supporters either run, resort to personal attacks, or become irrational and hostile.  There are no arguments to support a Bush presidency, and your actions further demonstrate that is the case. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 02:43:02 PM »
Some people will no doubt be offended by the fact that a wealth of information challenges their faith in Bush.

so true
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 02:49:01 PM »
There are no arguments to support a Bush presidency

::)
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 03:06:20 PM »
Well I would consider myself a conservative, and would argue against many aspects of Bush's presidency, but I still don't see Kerry making any significant differences if he were to win.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Woodrow

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 09:14:43 PM »
Some people will no doubt be offended by the fact that a wealth of information challenges their faith in Bush.  But others appreciate this information.  In the end, its only a single post on a large forum.  If you don't want to read my posts, you are not required to.  This forum exists to post and discuss issues such as these.  The desire by Bush supporters to simply ignore, or avoid information that challenges their views further proves why a Bush win will be bad for America.  His supporters are willingly uninformed.

On the other hand, I highly doubt you will ever see a Kerry supporter run from criticism.  The reason being, they don't have to.  But everywhere I go Bush supporters either run, resort to personal attacks, or become irrational and hostile.  There are no arguments to support a Bush presidency, and your actions further demonstrate that is the case. 

Damn it's a trip how a ni**a could switch so quick
from wearin lipstick, to smokin on chronic at pic-nics

Ant what happend? You sold out like a bitch! Man... You just forgot all the Ayn Rand shit you've learned? It's funny to see somebody so into objectivism turn so sissy. Guess you weren't down like I thought you were... Ayn was talking the truth, and it hurts to see somebody switch so fast.

Have fun with that shit. Biggest mistake evAr.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 09:20:40 PM »

Do you really, honestly bleieve the world is divided along partisan lines?  That all the uneducated people who hide from criticism are republicans, and all the smart intelligent people are voting for Kerry?  Don't you think that's a little childish to feel that way?  The simple truth is people have different opinions, some think Bush will do the best job, some think Kerry.  There isn't an intellect involved in it, and for that matter the simple fact that you have to keep bringing it up makes yours suspect.  I learned a long time ago that people that go around saying they're more intelligent than others usually aren't.  A lot of times they have small penises, as well, and try and make up for it.  Now I dunno all that kind of personal information about you, nor do I want to, but it does make someone wonder why you keep going around acting like the intelligent thing to do is to think like you do. 

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 09:25:14 PM »

prove him wrong instead of just rolling your eyes and snapping your fingers and cocking your head up wards like a woman.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 10:40:39 PM »

prove him wrong instead of just rolling your eyes and snapping your fingers and cocking your head up wards like a woman.

You just described the many Rampants of the world.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 02:43:14 AM »

Do you really, honestly bleieve the world is divided along partisan lines?  That all the uneducated people who hide from criticism are republicans, and all the smart intelligent people are voting for Kerry?  Don't you think that's a little childish to feel that way?  The simple truth is people have different opinions, some think Bush will do the best job, some think Kerry.  There isn't an intellect involved in it, and for that matter the simple fact that you have to keep bringing it up makes yours suspect.  I learned a long time ago that people that go around saying they're more intelligent than others usually aren't.  A lot of times they have small penises, as well, and try and make up for it.  Now I dunno all that kind of personal information about you, nor do I want to, but it does make someone wonder why you keep going around acting like the intelligent thing to do is to think like you do. 

No I don't believe the world is divided along partisan lines.  I simply pointed out a tendency that has been reflected again and again in the posts on this site.  I've said time and time again.  Bush supporters have a tendency to avoid or ignore evidence that challenges their beliefs, and when that fails they resort to personal attacks, although sometimes they resort to personal attacks first. 

You keep wanting to turn facts into opinions because then you can hold your opinion and mine on equal ground.  Yes my opinion is that Bush is bad for America, but I am not only posting opinions.  In fact this post had nothing to do with my opinion originally.  It was a post about the number of prominent republicans who have decided to endorse Kerry.  It was supplemented by arguments each of them made, if you cared to click and explore the link I offered.  Instead you simply wrote it off, as you wrote off every other post I've placed on this site so far. 

Whereas I've supplemented my opinions with plenty of additional information.  You and all the other Bush suppoters on this board have chosen to supplement their opinion with personal attacks.  The latest apparently being that I am a "sell out," that I may have a small penis, and also that I am an elitist know-it-all with something to prove. 

I may be wrong on in what I have said so far.  But it would be all the more apparent that I am wrong if one of you would actually offer a counter argument instead of baseless attacks.  Until then... 
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 02:57:29 AM by Ant »

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 02:56:19 AM »

Damn it's a trip how a ni**a could switch so quick
from wearin lipstick, to smokin on chronic at pic-nics

Ant what happend? You sold out like a bitch! Man... You just forgot all the Ayn Rand shit you've learned? It's funny to see somebody so into objectivism turn so sissy. Guess you weren't down like I thought you were... Ayn was talking the truth, and it hurts to see somebody switch so fast.

Have fun with that shit. Biggest mistake evAr.

Ayn Rand believed arguments should be based on sound logical principles.  I don't think she would be impressed with you calling me a bitch, sissy, and sell out.  You have yet to argue anything other than the occasional attempt to twist my words to mean something they didnt.  I believe in objectivity.  I believe in the popperian principal that to find truth you must be willing to expose your arguments to criticism.  It is not criticism to call me a bitch, or sissy, because I frustrated you and you have nother better to say.  It is childish. 

Furthermore Ayn Rand was not a prophet.   There are other intelligent people in the world.  There are other intelligent economists in the world.  Most of whom all oppose the Bush administration.  But I've already pointed that out.  Maybe you would find it worthwhile to read some of their work.   

Do some research and you will quickly find that while there are many prominent 'thinkers' who have written devastating criticisms of the Bush administration, the same is not true for the Bush admin.  There are no nobel laureates coming to its defense.  The majority of the arguments in defense of Bush are made by partisan republicans.