Author Topic: New Study Suggests Bush Supporters Out of Touch With Reality  (Read 659 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New Study Suggests Bush Supporters Out of Touch With Reality
« on: October 21, 2004, 03:16:39 PM »
The Program on International Policy Attitudes at the University of Maryland recently conducted a study that concluded there is a "tendency of Bush supporters to ignore dissonant information."

"The roots of the Bush supporters' resistance to information," according to Steven Kull, "very likely lie in the traumatic experience of 9/11 and equally in the near pitch-perfect leadership that President Bush showed in its immediate wake. This appears to have created a powerful bond between Bush and his supporters--and an idealized image of the President that makes it difficult for his supporters to imagine that he could have made incorrect judgments before the war, that world public opinion could be critical of his policies or that the President could hold foreign policy positions that are at odds with his supporters."

For more information see the link below.  It is not a very long read.

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Pres_Election_04/html/new_10_21_04.html#1

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: New Study Suggests Bush Supporters Out of Touch With Reality
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 06:12:59 PM »
New Study Suggests That WCC User "Ant" Doesn't Realize No One Here Gives a Fuck 

:)

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 06:19:11 PM »
Find something more appropriate to say.  This is a 'discussion forum.'  Don't reply to my posts if you don't like them it is your choice.  People read my posts, they get hits, and people PM me telling me they appreciate them.  If you don't like them fine, but the tendency of Bush supporters to want to suppress, ignore, or avoid information that conflicts with their worldview is simply disturbing.

I've been attacked plenty, but refuted rarely. 

« Last Edit: October 21, 2004, 06:51:52 PM by Ant »

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 06:22:17 PM »
Find something more appropriate to say.  This is a 'discussion forum.'  Don't reply to my posts if you don't like them it is your choice.  People read my posts, they get hits, and people PM me telling me they appreciate them.  If you don't like them fine, but the tendency of Bush supporters to want to suppress, ignore, or avoid information that conflicts with their worldwide is simply disturbing.

You just dissed him in a way he may not understand. 8)

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 06:25:39 PM »
like tom said in another of your theads, 98% of this board has already decided who they're going to vote for, so the only people that appreciate your anti-bush threads are the people that have hated bush all along. this little study or whatever is non-sense anyways. 

goo goo g'joob

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 06:31:25 PM »
New Study Suggests That WCC User "Ant" Doesn't Realize No One Here Gives a Fuck 

No, i dont think he's realized that yet. Maybe after a couple more threads, it will be time for his nap.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 06:50:27 PM »
Perhaps you don't understand that I don't care to sway obvious Bush voters, and if no one on this board changes their vote that is fine by me.  My posts on this board are partly for entertainment, and partly to share information about why George Bush is bad for America.  If all this information does it motivate an already committed Kerry voter, then that is fine with me. 

In case you don't realize, this forum was created to discuss topics of this nature.  The fact that they offend you does not mean they shouldn't be posted.  I don't expect to determine the outcome of the 2004 election on dubcc.  I do expect to make it more glaringly obvious to already decided Kerry voters why they clearly stand on the right side of this debate.  I believe my posts have done that.  They have done so because 1) they have never been effectively countered 2) they have encouraged a number of Bush supporters to demonstrate why the democrats stand on the right side of the issues.   

The Bush supporters would like to argue theirs is the side of morality, the side of intelligence.  They like to suggest that the democrats, and bush haters are all crazy immoral liberals.  That couldn't be farther from the truth.  Your own actions demonstrate the childishness, immorality, and ignorant nature of the republican side of the debate. 

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 06:54:23 PM »

In case you don't realize, this forum was created to discuss topics of this nature.  The fact that they offend you does not mean they shouldn't be posted.

you sure about that? i was banned for offending people.....so......

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 08:03:24 PM »
is ant = maradona?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 08:14:49 PM »
is ant = maradona?

No, I'm Maradona.  :D

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2004, 08:40:26 PM »
is ant = maradona?

o then we have 2 very arrogant bastards on the same forum.. mixed with trauama. and the the rest.. should be fun

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2004, 08:44:52 PM »
is ant = maradona?

o then we have 2 very arrogant bastards on the same forum.. mixed with trauama. and the the rest.. should be fun

So, anyone that's smarter than you, which is about everyone, is arrogant? Nice way of boosting your self-esteem... whatever helps you sleep at night.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 10:22:20 AM »
like tom said in another of your theads, 98% of this board has already decided who they're going to vote for, so the only people that appreciate your anti-bush threads are the people that have hated bush all along. this little study or whatever is non-sense anyways. 

goo goo g'joob

Keep postin' Ant.

This guy don't regulate what get's posted here.  If he don't like it, he can simply skip your posts.

VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY

« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:24:57 AM by Ozir »

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
Find something more appropriate to say.  This is a 'discussion forum.'  Don't reply to my posts if you don't like them it is your choice.  People read my posts, they get hits, and people PM me telling me they appreciate them.  If you don't like them fine, but the tendency of Bush supporters to want to suppress, ignore, or avoid information that conflicts with their worldwide is simply disturbing.

You just dissed him in a way he may not understand. 8)

I think so too  8)

VOTE FOR JOHN KERRY

« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 10:25:08 AM by Ozir »