Author Topic: This election is the most important since 1968  (Read 136 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
This election is the most important since 1968
« on: October 21, 2004, 09:42:47 PM »
Not saying it's more important, I mean 1968 marked the year that 36 years of Democrat domination of politics ended. I mean pre-1968 Republicans were more liberal than some Democrats now, but it was on that year that politics changed. People became divided, and once Bobby Kennedy was killed, people turned to Richard Nixon. Now we are in a year that the election is really close again. For the first time since 1968, there is a huge divide in the country, people agree with things, or disagree with things, but one thing is constant, they believe whole heartly in what they believe. In 1968, Nixon won saying he was representing the silent majority, the working class white people. Now anyone that knows Nixon, knows his not from a working class background, but that was what he said, and it went over well in a time when Vietnam was going on, civil rights was being fight for, leaders where being killed, and liberals where rioting in the streets.

This year, the it is not as crazy as in 1968, but people once again are being divided. It's to the point, where tomorrow, if they found out Bush or Kerry had killed their fathers and ate them, that neither person would suffer any votes because the people feel so strong about their sides, nothing can change them. This is the year that will be remembered for many years. 2000 will be remembered as the year Bush won the election dispite losing the popular vote. 1980-1996 will be remembered as wipe outs, 1976 is the year Carter won because he was the anti-Nixon, and 1972 Nixon won because the Democrats could not erase what happened in 1968 from peoples minds. So here, in 2004, we have the most important election in 36 year. Kind of funny, that an election with this much at stake, happened exactly 36 years late, after the last big election, and that happened 36 years after the 1932 election when the Democrats took the whole U.S. government from the Republicans with Roosevelt. What are your thoughts on the election.

Trauma-san

Re: This election is the most important since 1968
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:09:50 PM »
Well, I guess that's one way of looking at it, but I honestly don't think it matters if there's a blue or red flag flying over the oval office, the government is much more than 1 man, even the president.  When it trickles down to my life, I basically just want the government to leave me the fuck alone, and take as little of my money as possible... so again I don't see the election having much of an effect on my life @ all. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 04:55:03 AM »
Yea, Bush is either strongly supported or strongly protested against. The country is pretty splitted .. therefore, I think the voter turnout will be way higher than the ridiculous 50 % last year
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:00:21 PM »
Yea, Bush is either strongly supported or strongly protested against. The country is pretty splitted .. therefore, I think the voter turnout will be way higher than the ridiculous 50 % last year

You genius.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 10:19:27 PM »
Ha ha haa, Harbringer thinks he made the analysis of the year!
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 11:05:42 PM »
LOL, talk about stating the obvious.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 02:59:58 AM »
well then you stated the obvious again stating that I stated the obvious.

why would I think I made some genius analysis? I think something has to be said, I say it..
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 04:09:14 AM »

LMFAO... THAT HAS TO BE THE FUNNIEST SHIT YOU'VE EVER SAID (NOTICE I SAID FUNNIEST, NOT DUMBEST, BECAUSE I'VE SEEN DUMBER FROM YOU)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 04:13:59 AM »

LMFAO... THAT HAS TO BE THE FUNNIEST SHIT YOU'VE EVER SAID (NOTICE I SAID FUNNIEST, NOT DUMBEST, BECAUSE I'VE SEEN DUMBER FROM YOU)

as much as I appreciate your recognition.. no need to get your tiny panties in a bunch and typing all in caps just cause my response was killer ...
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 04:17:52 AM »
Why in the world are you thinking about what I wear under my pants? LOLLL... go talk to Mauzip

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 04:42:19 AM »
Why in the world are you thinking about what I wear under my pants? LOLLL... go talk to Mauzip

DaBoss - you're clearly not grasping the concept here. Who gives a flying fuck what the majority of a state votes?  If there is no electoral college, individual votes would never be discarded. The populous would decide who wins the presidency.  My vote means jack shit in the electoral college if i'm a minority (meaning voting in the minority) in my voting district. MY VOTE DOESN'T FACTOR INTO WHO GETS ELECTED. If it were the individuals voting, my vote would be tallied along with every other person's vote. It may be a raindrop in the ocean, but it still counts. The electoral college isn't a representation of individuals, its representative of a region. And to me, thats not fair. 

Since you ducked my question earlier, i'll repeat it:  DO YOU NOT SEE FLAW IN A SYSTEM THAT COULD POTENTIALLY ELECT A PRESIDENT THAT DID NOT HAVE THE HIGHEST AMOUNT OF INDIVIDUAL VOTES?

It works fine for me. You and 7even are the ones getting your panties in a twist over it, and 7even is from Germany so I have no fuckin clue why he even cares.
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 04:45:10 AM »
LOL so that comment made you want to find out about mine? You said "tiny panties" because you were hoping for me to argue with you about that, and prove you wrong on that also. Nice try, homo.

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2004, 04:56:59 AM »
You both sound like faggots to me, arguing about your underwear. 

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2004, 05:01:39 AM »
jamal u kinda got played..