Author Topic: democrats and republicans fighting a dirty election  (Read 296 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
democrats and republicans fighting a dirty election
« on: October 22, 2004, 05:12:27 AM »
as an outsider i'm disgusted at the way the american elections are being thaught. republicans seem to be the worst with their anti kerry adverts stoop very low. I can't believe the leading country of the free world fights their elections in this way, spending nearly as much money to smear the opposition as they do marketing their p[ositives. and the volume of adverts you guys are subject too seems rediculas too. do people in america really decide who they are voting for from the million presedential adverts they see? to me it makes you all look like lemmings or atleast you government is treating you in that way.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: democrats and republicans fighting a dirty election
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 07:13:22 AM »
This election is the tightest election, and most important election since 1968. Not since 1968 has an election been this debated, this protested, this important to decide exactly how the American people feel. Both parties are pulling out all stops to try and win this thing. In the end, it's up to the people to have the final say.

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 07:41:58 AM »
I wouldn't say the republicans are the worst at it, I think both sides are being equally dirty.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:06:51 AM »
probably true i can only comment from what i have seen tho and the republican commercials have been worse. its just a pity the election isn't being thaught on issues.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 08:17:54 AM »

it wouldnt happen over here... the advertising standards commitee would kick their asses.. the torys ( *spits* scumbags) got in trouble last general election.. and that was pretty tame

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 02:15:07 PM »
Well, you may think the republicans are fighting dirty, but it's hard to say they're stooping lower than Edwards and kerry bringing up that Cheney's daughter is Gay on national t.v.  That's pretty fucking dirty right there.  Hows about Edwards saying that if Kerry was elected, people like Christopher Reeves are going to "Get up out of that chair and walk again!" thereby insinuating that George Bush killed Christopher Reeves.  that's pretty fucking dirty, as well. 

In my opinion, the dems have been much more low, but I'll concede my bias probalby plays a role and say they're both being very dirty in their campaigning. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 03:40:37 PM »
John Kerry's mentioning of Mary Cheney  being gay is the worst thing you can point to?  In case you didn't realize it, most people already knew Mary Cheney was gay, and Dick Cheney has said in campaign speeches that he has a gay daughter.  Its not like he brought up something embarassing no one ever knew.  And why should it be an 'attack' to mention someone's daughter is gay, unless there is a problem with being gay.  The Republican response to Kerry's comment was beyond homophobic.   

Both campaigns have been negative, and at times Kerry has said things that are exagerated.  There is no doubt about that.  But that does not put them on equal ground. 

You know what I consider negative.  Running a campaign that is based on childish name calling "flipflopper" "liberal." Running a campaign where you repeatedly twist, and manipulate your opponents words in order to brand him into something you want him to be.  I think it is negative to slander individual who speaks out against your administration as they did to Clarke, Wilson, and others. I think it is negative to screen your audience before ever speech to avoid any dissenters.  I think it is negative to arrest individuals who attend a campaign event wishing to speak out against your administrations wrong doing.  I think it is negative to manipulate people all across the country, who wish to see american prosperity continue, into supporting an Administration will sacrifice our prosperity for their power. 

Today George Bush gave another $140 billion dollar tax break.  John McCain called it "the worst example of the influence of special interests that I have ever seen."  I am not sure of the consequences of "four more years" will be, but they will be yours to bear, not mine.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2004, 04:20:42 PM »

John Kerry's mentioning of Mary Chaney  being gay is the worst thing you can point to?  In case you didn't realize it, most people already knew Mary Cheney was gay, and Dick Cheney has said in campaign speeches that he has a gay daughter.  Its not like he brought up something embarassing no one ever knew.  And why should it be an 'attack' to mention someone's daughter is gay, unless there is a problem with being gay.  The Republican response to Kerry's comment was beyond homophobic.

Dick Cheney can say what the fuck he wants about his daughter, its his not Kerrys.
What Kerry said was a cheap political shot trying to prove that the vise-president and president both have different opinions on Gay marriage. How come Kerry had to mention Cheyneys daughter was gay? How come he didn't mention Elton John. Or How come Kerry didn't mention his good Friend Andrew Stobs who is gay 

Today George Bush gave another $140 billion dollar tax break.  John McCain called it "the worst example of the influence of special interests that I have ever seen."  I am not sure of the consequences of "four more years" will be, but they will be yours to bear, not mine.

To bad McCain supports the president and will be his next Sectary of Defense.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 04:42:42 PM »
A republican supports another republican.  That is really impressive.

Feel free to browse my other post that lists republicans that support Kerry. 

And either way, I never said McCain supports Kerry.  I said McCain criticized the lastest tax break.  You may want to read the article I posted that also.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

I dont give a fuck about Republicans that support Kerry.

And either way, I never said McCain supports Kerry.  I said McCain criticized the lastest tax break.  You may want to read the article I posted that also.

Who gives a fuck if McCain criticized the last tax break.
Why did you even mention that ???

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2004, 04:51:30 PM »
It's not surprising, politics is a dirty game. Why are people getting shocked at this?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2004, 05:06:15 PM »

I dont give a fuck about Republicans that support Kerry.

Who gives a fuck if McCain criticized the last tax break.
Why did you even mention that ???

I mentioned it because, in case you don't realize, Bush is running around a 500 billion deficit annually.  He just decided to add another 140 Billion to that number. 

I'll quote myself again:

"I think it is negative to manipulate people all across the country, who wish to see american prosperity continue, into supporting an Administration that will sacrifice our prosperity for their power."

The McCain quote further elaborated on my own personal statement.  That being, GWB is stealing your vote and using it to push policies that sacrifice our continued prosperity.  Deficits hurt our economy, cause inflation, cause dollar devaluation, and encourage interest rates to rise.  You might not give a fuck about the deficit, but its not play money we're talking about, your talking about a 150 billion real dollars that are being given away to "special interests" in John McCain's opinion.  You can read the full article and get a better idea. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2004, 08:30:34 PM »
Tax cuts are nothing but good, I don't care who gets the tax cut.  Cut Cut Cut Cut Cut Cut Cut.  If he wanted to sign a 10 trillion dollar tax cut, I'd support it.  Simple: It's our money, they take too much. 

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 09:12:41 PM »
That was a really informed idea.  Do you understand that we are running a deficit? 

You're right there is nothing wrong with responsible tax cuts.  Your president is giving tax cuts and simultaneously raising spending.  It makes no sense.

Taxes cost money, but so do deficits.  Just because the deficit isn't deducted from your paycheck at the end of every week doesn't mean its a nonissue. 

Do you understand that the more debt you incur the more stress you place on the American economy.  The goverment pays interests on its debt.  By driving the deficit up, you require the government to make higher interest payments every year.  The less finiancially stable your economy is the higher the interest rate on our debt. 

You are so proud to be an American but your showing a complete lack of respect for the benefits it provides you.  Yes the government is not perfectly efficient, but lets face it, George Bush isnt exactly improving its efficiency.  But overall I am proud to pay my taxes and you should be too.  I don't mind paying taxes because they support a number of valued benefits for example:

1. Taxes pay for our military
2. Taxes pay for our public school system
3. Taxes pay for our police and fire departments.
4. Taxes pay for the CIA, FBI, and the court system
5. Taxes help sustain our government.

and on and on. 

You seemingly want something for nothing.  I don't mind reducing spending and cutting taxes, but they can only be cut so much.  Its unpatriotic to not want to pay your taxes for obvious reason.  And the fact is... the more you reduce taxes and increase the deficit the more your actually losing.  Oddly enough, we would all be more prosperous with a balanced budget and higher taxes.  Or with lower taxes, and less government spending.  But George W. gave us the worst outcome.  Lower taxes, and higher spending.

Your all so scared of the threat of terrorism.  You should be.  Pretty soon its going to become increasingly more difficult to fight the war on terror when you don't have the funds to do so, and when your economy is slowly weakening.  Osama Bin Laden said to beat the Americans you only have to beat their economy.  Well George W. is helping him do it. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 01:35:19 PM »
Well, I'm in Cali, so I don't really get to see those ads...