Author Topic: Moving interstate  (Read 87 times)

The Watcher

Moving interstate
« on: October 22, 2004, 12:49:12 AM »
Anyone here done this?

I live in Perth (Aust), and i've been offered a job in Sydney. The money is quite uber, but i've never moved this distance before in my life. Anyone ever done this? Is it daunting etc? Anyone know the process for finding a place to live at all?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Moving interstate
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 12:49:54 PM »
Anyone here done this?

I live in Perth (Aust), and i've been offered a job in Sydney. The money is quite uber, but i've never moved this distance before in my life. Anyone ever done this? Is it daunting etc? Anyone know the process for finding a place to live at all?

I have absolutely no idea about moving within Australia, but I moved from Los Angeles to Boston about 2.5 years ago.  I moved without having a job in Boston.  That was probably the hardest part of moving... not having a job in the city I was moving to.  Since you already have a job offer in Sidney, it shouldn't be too hard.  You know anyone in Sidney?  Contact them and ask them to hook you up on how to find a place.  That's the next hardest thing.  Anyway, this shit probably sounds obvious as hell, but from my experience, finding a job after moving was the biggest stressor.

Try looking for a place near a university or college... hopefully there is one near your new job location.  Students are always looking for roommates or place to rent or rent out to someone.

BTW... I been wanting to visit Sidney for a long time.  Once you settle there, you gotta get the scoop on where to go and what to do when in Sidney.  Report back with the tips.

Good luck in the move and props on the job offer.

Peace  :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 12:53:54 PM by Ozir »

The Watcher

Re: Moving interstate
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 05:01:51 PM »
ive been to Sydney a few times in the past 2 yrs or so, and its a good place.. the only things really gettin to me are;

- my fiance will be stayin in Perth for 3 months til after we get married
- my contract ends on the day im gettin married

heh.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden