Author Topic: Republicans For Kerry... a list of prominent republicans opposed to Bush  (Read 444 times)

Woodrow

Re: Republicans For Kerry... a list of prominent republicans opposed to Bush
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 02:03:04 AM »
Ayn Rand believed arguments should be based on sound logical principles.
If that’s true, why are you letting others do the thinking for you? Don't you think an objective look at both sides would be the best way to go about things?

I don't think she would be impressed with you calling me a bitch, sissy, and sell out.
Probably not. Too bad this is a west coast rap message board.

You have yet to argue anything other than the occasional attempt to twist my words to mean something they didnt.
LOL. Have you REALLY taken an objective look at what you've posted? Please tell me you've posted up an objective set of articles. I need a good laugh. 

I believe in the popperian principal that to find truth you must be willing to expose your arguments to criticism.  It is not criticism to call me a bitch, or sissy, because I frustrated you and you have nother better to say.  It is childish. 
I'm frustrated at your sorry attempt to appear intellectual. You've posted up nothing but pieces of yellow journalism. They are opinion pieces written by lifelong liberals. Do you REALLY expect people to see it as objective and fair writing? I thought you had a decent head on your shoulders.

Furthermore Ayn Rand was not a prophet.
But I'm the one putting words into your mouth?

There are other intelligent people in the world.  There are other intelligent economists in the world.  Most of whom all oppose the Bush administration.  But I've already pointed that out.  Maybe you would find it worthwhile to read some of their work.   
If you think Ayn Rand was a simple economist, you're sadly mistaken. I guess it shows you lack of understanding when you write something like that. It's cool you've studied a bunch of other people. Welcome to the real world. Damn near every college student has studied the same shit you and I have. One thing College has taught me was to think for myself. I don't need partisan "intelligent economists" to tell me what to do.

Do some research and you will quickly find that while there are many prominent thinker's who have written devastating criticisms of the Bush administration, the same is not true for the Bush admin.  There are no nobel laureates coming to its defense.  The majority of the arguments in defense of Bush are made by partisan republicans. 
Here you are using others opinions to back your position. I DO MY OWN RESEARCH. I make my own opinions. Partisan intellectuals with grudges don't sway me. I don't need others to tell me what to think and what to do. Is Bush perfect? Not by a long shot. Is he better than Kerry? You bet your ass. Keep posting up your funny articles, keep acting outraged that people like Bush... It's gonna be a hard evening for you on November 2nd.

tommyilromano

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »
If I would have registered to vote I would seriously consider voting Bush but only because fags like you want Kerry to win.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 01:42:55 PM »
If I remember correctly Ayn Rand was also a aetheist I don't believe she would have been a proud member of the religious right. 

I said in my very first post that I expected Bush supporters to run from my stronger arguments and attempt to criticize my weaker ones.   You've done just that.  You argue just like your president, You ignore the truth and continue to spout falsehoods hoping that if you repeat them enough they become true.  I've posted opinions showing why Bush is bad for America, I've posted information explaining why Bush is bad for America, and I've posted my analysis of why Bush is bad for America.  Yet now you want to fall back on one single line of attack, that being, I'm not an independent thinker.  That I'm falling for liberal propaganda.  I'm sorry to break it to you, but everything that criticizes the republican party is not liberal propaganda. 

I don't even dislike the republican party, I think they have slandered themselves by showing support for a president who is obviously bad for America.  You want to attack me with personal attacks all day.  Your president sets a good example for you apparently.  His primary form of arugment is exagerate, lie, and slander.  You like to do the same.

George Bush set a record for the higest deficit 2 years in a row, he set a record for the highest deficit swing, he set a record for the most time on vacation, and you can literally fill one book shelves with books about Bush by former members of his administration.  Bush set a record low for international support for American policies.

Do your own research the people supporting Kerry in 2004 are not crazy liberals.  Numerous moderates and republicans have spoken up in support of Kerry, while the best Bush can do is produce Zell Miller.  The Nobel prize is not awarded for partisanship..  Your success is at stake as much as is the success of the rest of the country, but all you can think about is your side winning and the other side losing.  You treat the elections as if they are a competition between the Yankees and the Red Sox, where you can't wait for your side to win so you can brag to the opposition how great you are and how they are losers.  Elections are different, you will live with the consequences of a 2nd Bush administration too.

Do you vote for Bush because it makes you feel better to see incompetence in the Whitehouse.  So then you can say, well I'm a fuck up? So its good to see fuck-ups can make it to the top.

You want to criticize the 'intellectuals' for being liberals with an agenda. Well if that is so then I am proud to count our profesors, and nobel laureates as members of the democratic base.  Meanwhile enjoy your base of religious fanatics, the NRA, and undereducated, willingly uninformed ostriches all across america. 
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 01:44:28 PM by Ant »

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 02:26:24 PM »

You want to criticize the 'intellectuals' for being liberals with an agenda. Well if that is so then I am proud to count our profesors, and nobel laureates as members of the democratic base.  Meanwhile enjoy your base of religious fanatics, the NRA, and undereducated, willingly uninformed ostriches all across america. 

you forgot Farmers  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin