Author Topic: Kings Of The Coasts  (Read 320 times)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
Kings Of The Coasts
« on: October 23, 2004, 10:40:12 AM »
Kings Of The Coasts

Who do you consider the Kings of each coast + the South ?
Magazines and Radio Say

East Jay Z (I think he is way overrated but thats just me)
West Snoop (Maybe In the 90's)
South Scarface (Probably but dont know what the situation is with all these new guys saying it ????)
Any info on that ?

Anyway who do you consider to be the Kings ?

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Kings Of The Coasts
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 10:44:53 AM »
East - Biggie &  Nas
West - Dre & pac
South - Outkast
Mid - Eminem & nelly

52_bars

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 12:28:04 PM »
1st of all DEAD RAPPERS OUT

eastcoast - Nas
westcoast - Snoop been holding that 4 a long time
south - Scarface but he say he dont want that shit
Midwest - Nelly

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2004, 12:29:09 PM »
Define what a "King" of a coast is.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2004, 01:18:11 PM »
West - Dr. Dre or Ice Cube
East - Jay-Z (50 next)
South - Face (Luda next)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jome

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2004, 01:57:43 PM »
West - Dr. Dre
East - Jay-Z (50 next)
South - Face (Luda next)

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 02:07:58 PM »
Midwest COAST huh? LOL

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 03:05:09 PM »
Define what a "King" of a coast is.

The King is the boss. The king is the one rapper than controls everything in his area. His the big boss, and in order for the rest of the coast to be heard, either they have to go through him, or they have to sound like him.

The East - Nas, after his battle with Jay-Z, everybody in New York started trying to go to more real Hip-Hop. Jay-Z was the king for many years after Bigs death, but Nas took the crown in the battle, then with that crown went on to diss mags, radio stations, and put how radio politics were. His still commercially relevent, selling platnum records, well running the city. All 50 Cent people, or Jay-Z people, Jay lost the battle, dropped a flop called Blueprint 2, Best of Both Worlds flopped, and Black Album was like the great send off you give to all great rappers, but the 2 years between the battle and the Black Album was Jay-Z's darkest year. 50 Cent, well my boy was hot, and his a boss figure with his G Unit, but Nas still has the crown, until someone beats him for it, or he starts putting out flops. Jadakiss with the Lox is also in line, but Nas right now has the crown.

The West - Snoop Dogg, no questions. As of now, Snoop is the king, and has been since he came home with Top Dogg album, which put out B Please and reintroduced Snoop to the westcoast. Snoop is a boss figure, his own lable, putting out Tha Eastsidaz, Snoop's All Stars, E-White, Bad Azz, Doggy's Angels, featured on almost every song on Power 106, Snoop runs the west. Dre has done a lot, but Dre is too busy being the greatest producer of all time. Dre is not running the west, his sold out the west. Others on Snoop's tail for the crown, Xzibit is starting to come into his own, putting himself as a head figure instead of someone openning as tour. If Strong Arm Steady, and Golden State Warriors take off, then X is doing his thing. Right now Snoop is the main influince of westcoast sound, but if X takes over, the westcoast can have a more rough sound. Game is getting hot, but his not a boss, and will more than likely hit the 50 Cent rout, come out real hot, and be popular. Unless of course he can make Black Wall Street happen, and then get his own lable on Interscope and put out his acts, then he can be mentioned as potential king.

The South - Lil' Jon. Scarface of course would be king if he wants the crown. Like Snoop in the west, Scarface basically will be on top as long as he wants. Snoop though messing with out of coast people again is a sign the crown is slipping from his hands. Scarface though has the south on lock. Well, except Lil Jon and his Eastside Boyz are running everything down there. From the sound, working with Trick Daddy, who is another person in the running, and Ying Yang Twinz, and Bonecrusher, and basically everyone in the south outside of Louisana. Outside of the No Limit and Cash Money camps, the south is ran by that Lil' Jon sound, and you can't have a hit from the south without that Lil' Jon yyyeeeeeaaaaaaaahhh!!!!!!

The Mid West - they have a king? If anyone is the king, it's Eminem. Maybe Kanye soon, Nelly has an argument for the crown, that's about it. But the mid west is too diverse to have a king.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 03:08:29 PM »
MDogg, not trying to start anything, but just for your own info...

HIS does not = HE'S

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 04:18:13 PM »
MDogg, not trying to start anything, but just for your own info...

HIS does not = HE'S

whatever dogg. I type fast and don't really care how my spelling is on a message board. Now if I was still in college, and you guys grade this shit, then I'd care.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2004, 04:26:28 PM »
Message board or not, a typo is different from not KNOWING the difference between HE'S and HIS... it's ok Vato...

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2004, 10:30:09 PM »

east- its up 4 grabs now since jigga aint in the mix nomore..50 and nas is runnin neck to neck tho...nas by kelis's fro

midwest- twista runnin that shit.. chingy behind him...

south- mainstream i will say.... outkast.. cant nobody do the shit these 2 niggas have done..and they aint even 30 yet they aint never involved in bullshit beefs they constantly changin,scarface that hoe ass nigga a mark..he acts a like a bitch sometime.. he went from praisin lil flip all on the nigga dick in vibe.. to hoppin on underground cd's dissin that nigga..he is 2 faceted..funny what a couple of thousands dollars will get u to say  ;)..underground.. the king of the underground is bun-b ...u gotta split the south up to mention big bun...no1 in the south can fuck wit bun on the mic..except.. maybe dre and cee-lo...outside of that ..lil jon aint runnin shit.. he got some work to do if he wanna dethrone outkast or overtake bun-b.. he a good producer tho...and everybody in the south dont like lil jon... u gotta be a muhfuckin fool to think the south is ran by that lil jon sound..

west- u have to split the west up ...as well southern cali- snoop.. northen cali- 40 water
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 10:32:21 PM by she lives in my lap »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2004, 01:45:48 AM »
this is easy

East-on a Mainstream Level 50  cent and g-unit, on a more credible level Nas they both represent  the many aspects of east coast hip hop

West- S-n- double o-p  D-o- double g. ice cube's holly wood, dre's just a regular black dude with no reall allegiance, and xzibit is from detroit....it's snoop without dispute. Snoop is the embodiment of west coast hip hop

South- i agree with M dogg when he says Lil John.....scarface  has been eh and you don't really think about him when you think about the south any more, maybe the old south but not the current south. lil john is the embodiment of southern hip hop.

midwest- i guess eminem... kanye makes east coast/south beats, bone thugs have alwasy been wanna be west coast. Nelly has always been more south really than midwest.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2004, 02:47:32 AM »
let me just say, DR.DRE = KING OF THE WEST COAST AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2004, 03:02:43 AM »
WestCoast - Guerilla Black
EastCoast - P. Diddy
Dirry South - Dem Franchize Boyz
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)