Author Topic: Kings Of The Coasts  (Read 319 times)

On The Edge of Insanity

Re: Kings Of The Coasts
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2004, 03:52:55 AM »
WestCoast - Guerilla Black
EastCoast - P. Diddy
Dirry South - Dem Franchize Boyz

LMFAO

However, I think this whole argument is pointless, who cares who is running shit, as it were, I judge artists by the quality of their music rather than how much power they have in a certain area. Anyway, its more the producers that "run shit" commercially rather than the artists anyway, i.e. Dre, Neptunes, Timbaland defining the commercial sound of certain areas of the country.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2004, 06:18:13 AM »
However, I think this whole argument is pointless, who cares who is running shit, as it were, I judge artists by the quality of their music rather than how much power they have in a certain area. Anyway, its more the producers that "run shit" commercially rather than the artists anyway, i.e. Dre, Neptunes, Timbaland defining the commercial sound of certain areas of the country.

co-sign. plus this is like vol. 5k of this thread

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2004, 08:54:57 AM »
let me just say, DR.DRE = KING OF THE WEST COAST AND HAS BEEN FOR A LONG TIME

I think Dre is the only artist above king level. I mean, he is not a king, is not even the most important figure in the west, but he is the most important figure in all of hip-hop in general. Dre has produced for 50 Cent, who you can argue with king of NY, his put out Eminem, who you can argue as king of the Mid West, and his put out Snoop Dogg, who you can argue is king of the West Coast. Dre is above king, his the proven greatest of all times in production, he puts out beats for everyone he can, from giving Ras Kass his ghetto tango beat that was off the hook, to helping out Xzibit's career, to now putting out Game. Dre doesn't run the west, the west is too small for Dre, Dre run hip-hop production, making westcoast and eastcoast beats.

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 08:28:26 PM »
As far as the South and the West go, I agree with I Miss That Beeyatch.  Bun B has been doing his thing for years and is hella underrated.  But at the same time nobody can fuck with Outkast's success.  I'd call Snoop the king of the West but when how often does he ever fuck with cats from the Bay Area.  You gotta split that one with E-40.  Having the Southern Cali area on lock will hardly get you king of the west in my book.  On another note, I really dont give a damn who runs the east or midwest.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 08:47:26 PM »
theres no way Snoop is the king of the West. yeah he always go platinum but he dont fuck with no West artist and the West dont really got love for Snoop these days. Ice Cube IS the king but cats dont wanna admit he got the crown cuz he more into movies that music.

Dre = the West Coast king. he aint fuckin with the West that much these days, but he did bring us Game (and he gone open up some gates for us). And besides, even when he producin for Busta, Eminem, 50, Eve, etc - they rappin over West Coast beats so thats still havin our sound worldwide. Snoop workin with east coast producers/rappers and dont even speak on Cali much these days.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

DAYUM

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2004, 08:51:35 PM »
East- Nas
West- Snoop
South- Scarface if not him then Lil Jon or Luda
Midwest- Twista

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 01:01:50 AM »
theres no way Snoop is the king of the West. yeah he always go platinum but he dont fuck with no West artist and the West dont really got love for Snoop these days. Ice Cube IS the king but cats dont wanna admit he got the crown cuz he more into movies that music.

Dre = the West Coast king. he aint fuckin with the West that much these days, but he did bring us Game (and he gone open up some gates for us). And besides, even when he producin for Busta, Eminem, 50, Eve, etc - they rappin over West Coast beats so thats still havin our sound worldwide. Snoop workin with east coast producers/rappers and dont even speak on Cali much these days.

i don't know how you can say snoop igets no love in the west........go to LA and look at all the black people who emulate snoop after he does something........snoop starts wearing steelers jersey's (which he does cuz that's what his former gang colors were ) then look at all these people here in cali wearing tommy maddox jerseys. Snoop starts wearing his hair shirly temple style, parted fro, ect . that shit was only happening DEEP in the ghetto now it's all over the west. Snoop is the westcoast's poster child.......when i look at snoop i can TELL he's from the west, when i see ice cube i can see chicago or st. lewis , i see snoop i see 4 fingers up two twisted in the middle

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 10:48:38 AM »

i don't know how you can say snoop igets no love in the west........go to LA and look at all the black people who emulate snoop after he does something........snoop starts wearing steelers jersey's (which he does cuz that's what his former gang colors were ) then look at all these people here in cali wearing tommy maddox jerseys. Snoop starts wearing his hair shirly temple style, parted fro, ect . that shit was only happening DEEP in the ghetto now it's all over the west. Snoop is the westcoast's poster child.......when i look at snoop i can TELL he's from the west, when i see ice cube i can see chicago or st. lewis , i see snoop i see 4 fingers up two twisted in the middle

you got it in reverse - snoop copies what he see's (just like he copied crip hop from Jayo). cats in the streets been wearin jerseys that rep they neighborhood. the shirley temple hair - hella pimps been doin that. Ice Cube just brought us another WESTSIDE Connection album. He was all over the video's, award shows, etc with Mack 10 & WC throwin up the dub. how often you see snoop with anyone besides Don Juan (who I hear he's paying to hang with)?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 05:38:28 AM »
lol at snoop payin don juan