Author Topic: seeing Mos Def tonight at 11PM house of blues , sunset  (Read 88 times)

We Fly High

seeing Mos Def tonight at 11PM house of blues , sunset
« on: October 25, 2004, 08:12:14 AM »
im seeing mos def performance tonight , 11PM at the house of blues on the sunset strip. the crown city rockers are opening for him. im anticipating this show like a motherfucker. tried to watch him in the summer, but he cancelled the shows. this will be my 2nd time seeing him , first time was with Talib and dave chappelle and hi tek. my friend just saw him at uc davis, and he said that he put on a great performance.. if any of ug uys heard about the CSULA thing, that mustve been pretty disappointing. students paid like 30 bucks for "an evening with mos def".. and he didnt do shit except sit on the stage, talk a little about his life, answer some questions from the crowd, and that was it.. recited a few poems.. and didnt even perform any songs.. hella ppl feel they got shafted. but yeah, i'll post back up later tonight with a review of the show. anyone else going to this show? cant wait to hear some classics like ms fat booty, umi says (hell, the entire black on both sides) and respiration, definition... etc.. i know hes doing a Blackstar date on oct 30th, and a  date with common on nov 7th,. so i hope that they'll show up for this one.. a 12 midnight jumpoff,.... means anything can happen..especially on sunset.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: seeing Mos Def tonight at 11PM house of blues , sunset
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 09:51:19 AM »
that's nice for u 8)

i've never seen Mos OR Talib... :-\

Doggystylin

Re: seeing Mos Def tonight at 11PM house of blues , sunset
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 10:34:29 AM »
shiiiit duuude, i wanna go so bad, but i gotta test tomorrow plus my uncle is here at my place