Author Topic: The official Presidential Elections 2004 Nov 2 - Thread  (Read 647 times)

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: The official Presidential Elections 2004 Nov 2 - Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2004, 06:07:08 AM »
It's Like An AIDS Test, All Impatiently Waitin For The Main Event - What's The Result??

I think you captured the feeling perfectly with your analogy.

JOHN KERRY WILL WIN THE ELECTION TONIGHT

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2004, 08:42:59 PM »
kerry won 91% in DC lol thats pretty bad.
Looks like all the hick states as expected voted bush.
Bush will probably win tho.  :-[

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2004, 08:59:08 PM »
i hope Kerry will win... but wut pisses me off is that on tv they give states 2 Bush when it says 7% of the votes in

Doggystylin

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2004, 09:21:54 PM »
i HATE hick states, why do they even count, they dont even represent real americans, have any of you even met people in those states? their so damn weird man, states like idaho, nevada, south dakota, fuck man the US should split

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2004, 10:47:26 PM »
today is a real sad day for this country. and fuck all those dumbass rednecks.

tommyilromano

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2004, 01:49:53 AM »
i HATE hick states, why do they even count, they dont even represent real americans, have any of you even met people in those states? their so damn weird man, states like idaho, nevada, south dakota, fuck man the US should split

You can't just dismiss it as hicks voting for Bush. Bush is going to win the popular vote this time as well. The majority of Americans voted for Bush.

Don Seer

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2004, 02:00:21 AM »

about the only thing i'm happy about with all this.. is that people will stop going on about bush stealing the election this time around..

you know where kerry fucked up?

waht they're saying on the tv over here is..

that all he seemd to do was bash bush, and try not to put a foot wrong..
and that he -didnt- set himself apart from bush

he never set out a "vision" for people to believe in for the future..

and to be honest.. i sympathise with that... he should have said

"this is how america will change..  i want to do this to stop us going to war unnecessarily.. etc etc"

and to be honest... bush now has the chance in his second term to clean up the mess.. and be remembered in a better light..

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2004, 02:15:05 AM »
Kerry fucked up by not taking a strong stance on social issues such as gay marriage, abortion, etc

His whole campaign revolved around attacking Bush for two things... Iraq and the economy...

Don Seer

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2004, 02:27:08 AM »
yup for real..

Trauma-san

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2004, 07:06:22 AM »
It's Like An AIDS Test, All Impatiently Waitin For The Main Event - What's The Result??

Hmmm.  I didn't hear that? Did he? Or did he LOSE?

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2004, 07:53:32 AM »

Hmmm.  I didn't hear that? Did he? Or did he LOSE?

I'm a little depressed right now to answer you, but I'll try.

Although it is statistically possiible for Kerry to win Ohio, I see that it is statistically unlikely that he will do so... so I (as a Kerry supporter) see that Bush has been re-elected.  However, I do agree that Kerry owes it to his supporters and donnors to make sure every ballot is counted... to much time, money, and effort has been put into this.

I was really confident that Kerry would win and that's why I kept posting all those "Kerry will win tonight!" posts.  But you have to be confident in your candidate.  In order to "sell" your "product", you have to have confidence in it yourself.  Same goes with trying to "sell" Kerry to everyone around me.  Unfortunately, the majority of voters did not feel like did.

I agree with some of your other post that the presidency doesn't really come into play into everyday life... http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=60912.0  I agree with the part about going about doing your shit and strengthening the relationships that truly matter (friends, family, co workers, etc.)... but I disagree that it doesn't affect your everyday life... some policies do affect you directly in the everyday life.

Anyway, this is the beauty of our country... we can speak up, disagree, communicate, and move forward.  I feel that Kerry was the better person for the job, but it looks like he lost (I can admit that proudly... I don't go around trying to make excuses).  Now it's time to finish counting every single vote, move forward with the result, make America stronger, and continue to hold our elected official accountable for their decisions.

Props to everyone on both sides for keeping our Democracy going.

Peace  8)