Author Topic: Post Good Arguments For Lowering The Drinking Age...  (Read 509 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Post Good Arguments For Lowering The Drinking Age...
« on: October 28, 2004, 01:33:40 PM »
I have a school assignment to write a letter about a political or major social issue & send it to an elected US official, government agency, the media or a foreign head of state, etc.

Mine is gunna be on lowering the drinking age in the US (21 years old)...

Post any good arguments you may have about lowering the legal drinking age in here...PeACe

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Post Good Arguments For Lowering The Drinking Age...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 01:50:43 PM »
Write this:
"If you consider 18 year olds mature and responsible enough to be fighting a war, then I don't see why 18 year olds aren't allowed to drink"

Thirteen

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 02:05:47 PM »
Write this:
"If you consider 18 year olds mature and responsible enough to be fighting a war, then I don't see why 18 year olds aren't allowed to drink"

i was 18 and legally allowed to drink in the military

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 02:34:02 PM »
Write this:

exactly.. noone can possibly argue against that. further, I'd say it's simply retarded to have this 21 rule in a country in which everybody owns 6 shotguns and 2 rifles, while in other, more normal countries the legal drinking age is 16 (like here)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 02:40:34 PM »
its 18 here,, and that really seems kinda right to me

its 17 to drive, and 16 to fuck...

how come people are responsible enough to breed and drive potentially lethal cars at younger ages. its nuts

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 04:50:03 PM »
ye pretty much.. wat has been said..you can own a shotgun, you can vote, you can live by yourself, you can join the army and fight for the country, you are an adult, but cant make the adult desision of drinking

mauzip

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 05:12:23 PM »
lower it to 16 and don't be a crybaby

mauzip

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 05:14:23 PM »
by the way... if you can't come up with arguments yourself you're even more of a moron i already think you are :-X

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 06:22:13 PM »
i tried, but i couldnt think of any good arguments to reduce drinking age. most 21 year olds arent even mature enough to handle drinking.....

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »
most 21 year olds arent even mature enough to handle drinking.....

AGREED.

But.... if you lower the drinking age the expirementation and novelty of it would wear off quicker and people might mature quicker.

Doesn't matter to me, I'd never allow a drop of alcohol past my lips.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

So Much Style

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
i love drinking......but i see why they dont put it at age 18.....because lots of 18 year olds still are in high school...DUH , then all high schoolers would have buyers and everyone would be drunk..
So much style back at it again

mauzip

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 06:47:12 PM »
^^don't be a crybaby, in europe we can drink from the age of 16 and nobody's making a big deal out of it

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 08:55:37 PM »
by the way... if you can't come up with arguments yourself you're even more of a moron i already think you are :-X

Of course I can think up arguments...Just tryna' see different perspectives...You, on the other hand, have a cock that tastes like Jome's shit.

Thirteen

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 11:04:19 PM »

Of course I can think up arguments...Just tryna' see different perspectives...You, on the other hand, have a cock that tastes like Jome's shit.

why do you know what his cock tastes like?

you've been drinking again haven't you?

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 11:08:52 PM »
i love drinking......but i see why they dont put it at age 18.....because lots of 18 year olds still are in high school...DUH , then all high schoolers would have buyers and everyone would be drunk..

What's your point? There are 17 year olds in college, and they obviously have "buyers". Using your theory, one could easily argue to raise the drinking age even more.