Author Topic: How Canada could cut its taxes down to a fraction of the current rate  (Read 275 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Privatize the CBC - seriously, why should my family's tax dollars go toward a station we barely watch?

Scrap the gun registry - what a fucking waste of 2 billion dollars.

Quit making everything have to be in both French and English!! - It should only be in areas where it is of equal (or close to) bilingualism.

Abolish the Senate - they haven't rejected a bill in over 50 years. Strictly ceremonial and wasteful. Only Senator I respect is Anne Cools.

Abolish the Governor General and all Lieutenant Governors. Again, wasteful and strictly ceremonial.

Stop giving tax credits to every shitty TV show that comes along. I think all Canadian shows are receiving tax credits.

Crack down on people using tax dollars for their own personal vacation, eg) Sheila Copps and Adrienne Clarkson.

Allow for private delivery of health care, but only if it's made publicly available. This will make it more efficient and therefore less expensive to the taxpayers.

Quit making new seats in the House of Commons! These MPs are already making $110,000 a year and there's 308 (!) of them. We don't need anymore.

Quit giving tax dollars to political parties so that they can sway you with their propaganda. Make them raise their own money. (The US should adopt this too.)

Legalize marijuana and sell it through the government. And no, I'm not some tree hugging leftist hippie. This could save money through all the people we wouldn't have to jail and put through the courts, and then it would generate more revenue and therefore make less taxes to be paid.

Speaking of jail, cut back on all the programs and benefits they get in there. Those wastes of society should quit getting free education and decent living condition. They did the crime, PUNISH THEM.

I'll think of more.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: How Canada could cut its taxes down to a fraction of the current rate
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:06:02 PM »
Privatize the CBC - seriously, why should my family's tax dollars go toward a station we barely watch? DISAGREE

Scrap the gun registry - what a fucking waste of 2 billion dollars. AGREED.

Quit making everything have to be in both French and English!! - It should only be in areas where it is of equal (or close to) bilingualism. DISAGREE.

Abolish the Senate - they haven't rejected a bill in over 50 years. Strictly ceremonial and wasteful. Only Senator I respect is Anne Cools. AGREE

Abolish the Governor General and all Lieutenant Governors. Again, wasteful and strictly ceremonial. AGREE

Stop giving tax credits to every shitty TV show that comes along. I think all Canadian shows are receiving tax credits. AGREE

Crack down on people using tax dollars for their own personal vacation, eg) Sheila Copps and Adrienne Clarkson. AGREE

Allow for private delivery of health care, but only if it's made publicly available. This will make it more efficient and therefore less expensive to the taxpayers. DISAGREE

Quit making new seats in the House of Commons! These MPs are already making $110,000 a year and there's 308 (!) of them. We don't need anymore. AGREE

Quit giving tax dollars to political parties so that they can sway you with their propaganda. Make them raise their own money. (The US should adopt this too.) AGREE

Legalize marijuana and sell it through the government. And no, I'm not some tree hugging leftist hippie. This could save money through all the people we wouldn't have to jail and put through the courts, and then it would generate more revenue and therefore make less taxes to be paid. DISAGREE, RATHER MA HOMIES GET MONEY THAN GOVT

Speaking of jail, cut back on all the programs and benefits they get in there. Those wastes of society should quit getting free education and decent living condition. They did the crime, PUNISH THEM. CANT APPLY BROAD STATEMENTS TO THIS ISSUE.

I'll think of more.

Dont trip, Goodale says Tax cuts are a comin soon.
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
Yeah I'm glad they're gonna give out some tax cuts, but I'd like to see Canada have a low tax rate.

If you wouldn't mind Tech, could you elaborate on your disagreements? I'd love to see your different viewpoints.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 09:56:28 PM »
I wish I was Canadian and had a clue about any of this, I'd discuss it with you.  Tax Cuts sound good to me, though!

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 11:33:45 PM »
Is the BBC funded by the English gov't?

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 02:52:20 PM »
I agree with pretty much all of those suggestions.

Also:
Treat Natives like any other Canadian, everyone should be equal.
Scrap the C.P.P.
Fund the military properly or scrap the whole thing.  A half-ass military is pretty much useless.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 05:42:17 PM »
Privatize the CBC - seriously, why should my family's tax dollars go toward a station we barely watch?

I disagree.  I don't have a problem with my tax dollars funding the CBC.  I do have a problem with    the crap they have on the CBC tho.  The Government also funds recording artists, I think it's a good thing.  It's a lot harder for Canadian artists to get funding because there aren't as many record labels here as in the USA.  The CBC just needs a facelift. 

Scrap the gun registry - what a fucking waste of 2 billion dollars.

Agree

Quit making everything have to be in both French and English!! - It should only be in areas where it is of equal (or close to) bilingualism.

Not quite sure what you mean here.  Only things that are in both French and English are products, and my tax dollars don't pay for private companies.

Abolish the Senate - they haven't rejected a bill in over 50 years. Strictly ceremonial and wasteful. Only Senator I respect is Anne Cools.

Agree

Abolish the Governor General and all Lieutenant Governors. Again, wasteful and strictly ceremonial.

Agree

Stop giving tax credits to every shitty TV show that comes along. I think all Canadian shows are receiving tax credits.

Sort of Agree

Crack down on people using tax dollars for their own personal vacation, eg) Sheila Copps and Adrienne Clarkson.

Agree, but that will never happen

Allow for private delivery of health care, but only if it's made publicly available. This will make it more efficient and therefore less expensive to the taxpayers.

Agree, I never really saw the whole big deal about this anyway.

Quit making new seats in the House of Commons! These MPs are already making $110,000 a year and there's 308 (!) of them. We don't need anymore.

I think they just need to rethink the setup.  Why the hell does PEI have 4 mp's for 250 000 people?  Whereas my riding has 115 000 people with only 1 mp.

Quit giving tax dollars to political parties so that they can sway you with their propaganda. Make them raise their own money. (The US should adopt this too.)

Agree

Legalize marijuana and sell it through the government. And no, I'm not some tree hugging leftist hippie. This could save money through all the people we wouldn't have to jail and put through the courts, and then it would generate more revenue and therefore make less taxes to be paid.

Agree, Marijuana is 6 billioin dollar a year industry in BC alone.

Speaking of jail, cut back on all the programs and benefits they get in there. Those wastes of society should quit getting free education and decent living condition. They did the crime, PUNISH THEM.

Agree

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 09:24:27 PM »
I agree with pretty much all of those suggestions.

Also:
Treat Natives like any other Canadian, everyone should be equal.
Scrap the C.P.P.
Fund the military properly or scrap the whole thing.  A half-ass military is pretty much useless.

I agree with all of those. Especially about the military, we might as well scrap it. That way no one can ask us to go to war.

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 12:06:41 PM »
I disagree with privatization because straight up I come from the bottom. Public housing and all that, so I could care less if all these middle class mofos are gettin taxed, as long as I still have the benefits i can get
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2004, 12:12:27 PM »
I disagree with privatization because straight up I come from the bottom. Public housing and all that, so I could care less if all these middle class mofos are gettin taxed, as long as I still have the benefits i can get

So did my Father, and now he's getting taxed like a motherfucker. How is that fair?

Paris

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2004, 11:24:29 PM »

So did my Father, and now he's getting taxed like a motherfucker. How is that fair?

Who cares, Ill be out of the country by then. Going to a land where we say fuck a tax and $300,000 can build you a fortress.

- Lewis Carroll

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 01:46:57 PM »

Who cares, Ill be out of the country by then. Going to a land where we say fuck a tax and $300,000 can build you a fortress.

Where are you moving to?

Paris

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 02:35:16 PM »
to watch tv legally in your own home in britain you need to have a tv liscense which is about £120 a year this money is used to fund the bbc.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 02:41:50 PM »
to watch tv legally in your own home in britain you need to have a tv liscense which is about £120 a year this money is used to fund the bbc.

is that ontop of monthly cable bills, or is it just 120 a year for everything?

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 03:08:50 PM »
That would be on top of the cable biils I assume.

That's bullshit, a television tax?  Gimme a break.  You shouldn't have to pay sales tax when purchasing televisions then.
I bet Canada hasn't thought of that cause I'm sure they would have implemented it.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.