Author Topic: Why can Fat Joe say Nigga?  (Read 800 times)

bez

Why can Fat Joe say Nigga?
« on: October 29, 2004, 09:46:37 AM »
Hes from Poerto Rico right?  (cant spell it) but this dude is white.  He ain't half cast, hes white, simple as.  Why can he say nigga and get away with it?

PLANT

Re: Why can Fat Joe say Nigga?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2004, 09:48:17 AM »
 ???   Good question

C-Swift

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 09:51:14 AM »
Maybe someone can ask him in an interview, which would be controversial, and then he'll say why he can say it

mauzip

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 09:55:25 AM »
why can a negro say nigger to a negro and why is a whity not allowed to?

SGV

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2004, 10:11:20 AM »
Most Puerto Rican/Dominican/Cuban peeps have African roots. Most are raised around Blacks(especially in NY) so it becomes apart of their vocab. They know the struggles of being a nigga, since they get treated the same way.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2004, 10:23:54 AM »
Fat Joe's spanish roots are far more prominent in him, and the Spanish are just as, if not more, responsible for the slave trade as the Americans.

If a black man is bothered when a white person says it then he shouldn't say it either. I am not bothered when someone calls me greek, but I understand that black people find it offensive so I would never use the word towards them. I think they should just let everyone use it without getting offended, and after a few generations it won't mean anything. The racist will be racist no matter what.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2004, 10:48:47 AM »
He is not white....wtf U talkin bout? He is Puerto Rican....check your history books....

don't get your panties up in a bunch about that shit, if black folks understand, then you should too....if U come from the struggle, it's not a big deal what you say....especially when have you have black roots.

in Northern California for example, Mexicans say 'nigga' all they want because there's a "black n brown" unity, they in the same hoods and they've connected....they are looked upon as the same....but in Southern California, most Mexicans beef with blacks and there are race wars everywhere, so it's not cool to say it out there....it juss depends where ure from.

U see how arabic people say it, they're the same way, they also have black roots....the Eastern N Southern parts of the middle east always traded with africa because it was so close to them....that caused them to have interracial relationships and have kids after awhile....this is like 3000 years ago....they here in the same urban hoods in America now setting up shop and dwell wit the people of the same struggle....so they say it all they want with nobody trippin too....plus people label em sand niggas anyway....

it all depends on your upbringing....but U may ask why can't a white dood say it if he in the same hood in the same struggle? well....dats because of history too, it's all on history, history is what makes us who we are....white doods just CAN'T, gotta deal wit it.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

SGV

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2004, 10:59:39 AM »
^^Yup.

I was gonna bring that up. NY has a lot of unity between Blacks and Latinos. Same with the Bay(like you pointed out), Houston, Miami and various other places. That's why Latinos from those areas will say Nigga.

pappy

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2004, 11:14:27 AM »
Joe is puerto ricans, i kno a lot of puerto ricans that have a very similar skin tone that he has.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2004, 11:18:34 AM »
what rod says pretty much sums it up
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2004, 04:00:20 PM »
it's not really about being black or not
a dude can be white as it gets as long as he grew up around blacks, enduring the tribulations of a ghetto kid there aint nothing wrong with saying nigga
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2004, 04:02:39 PM »

it is sumthin about the way...fat joe says nigga..its funny hearin him say it..to me... cuz when he talks in interviews its like every 5th word or sumthin...

ion see why white boys cant say nigga.. i feel what rod is sayin.. tell u the truth..im black.. i dont give a shit what u say 4real...long as u dont call me sayin u pregnant ..or i cant make money.i call people out their name 25-8.. i be in stores and stuff..white people come up ask me can i help u.. i be like yea bitch get a nigga them 95 airmax in a 13 or whatever..thats jus how i talk

and i  got friends who be on that i wish a peckerwood would call me a nigga shit and i be like nigga u aint gone do a muhfuckin thang.. end up gettin ya ass mopped..

imo niggas need to get over that shit..i mean it aint affectin the way u make money, sleep, raise ya kids, listen to ya music, how u eat, how u walk,fuck, sing..so what the problem is..

imo nigga or nigger is the only word that makes black folks feel superior over everybody else...thats the truth..

history is bullshit..kuz how i know white folks was runnin round in the 1700's- 1960's callin blacks niggas, spooks coons and that other shit..if they were.. them words was made up and didnt have meanin 2 em.. and whomever answered to the 1st person to say hey nigger..was dumb ass..kuz nigger wasnt that dumb ass nigga name..smh.. if that dumb ass woman or man.. never answered to em.. this word wouldnt even be a big deal.. that goes 4 all the racist words.. if whomever answered to the words ya race calls racist or prejudice or immoral.. blame that dumbass fucker 4 answerin.. they momma or daddy didnt name em whatever that word is..

i mean if it aint ya name why the fuck u answerin.. u the dumb ass gettin upset...

« Last Edit: October 29, 2004, 04:05:45 PM by off the record..um..fuck you!! »

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2004, 04:07:29 PM »
wat if someone is white .. but there great great great grandfather was black/puerto rican?

so the person can still go around sayin nigga jus cos hes roots are black even tho hes white ??

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 04:11:35 PM »
nigga nigga nigga nigga nigga

DAYUM

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »
i guess its aight if Ricans and Dominicans say nigga but i know down here if a Mexican/hispanic/chicano whatever u wanna call us if we say nigga we get hated on by all the blacks and mexicans... i was raised never to say nigga or be called a nigga enless ur jokeing around but i know if any other race says it around blacks they get there ass whooped... plus it looks so fucking dumb to say it if ur not black but thats just my opinion