Author Topic: Why can Fat Joe say Nigga?  (Read 791 times)

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Why can Fat Joe say Nigga?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 05:49:30 PM »
U see how arabic people say it, they're the same way, they also have black roots....the Eastern N Southern parts of the middle east always traded with africa because it was so close to them....that caused them to have interracial relationships and have kids after awhile....this is like 3000 years ago....they here in the same urban hoods in America now setting up shop and dwell wit the people of the same struggle....so they say it all they want with nobody trippin too....plus people label em sand niggas anyway....

it all depends on your upbringing....but U may ask why can't a white dood say it if he in the same hood in the same struggle? well....dats because of history too, it's all on history, history is what makes us who we are....white doods just CAN'T, gotta deal wit it.

whites who are in the hood and raised around blacks can say it, it's not their fault other whites used to enslave blacks, IF the word is not necessarily for one race only then all other races have the same right to say it. Some hypocrites don't want to accept it but others do, it's not a rule that no white dude will ever say nigga without anybody sayin shit, it always depends on who it is..  Mr Doc or COS for example be saying it more often than the average black dude and ain't nobody trippin

as for arabs

Throughout the 17th century, the Arabs attempted to reestablish links with their East African outposts. This led to an ongoing series of confrontations with the Portuguese to establish dominance. The Omani ships prevailed and by the early 1700s, the Portuguese had been routed completely. By 1720, the last remaining Portuguese left for good leaving the East African coast again under Arab control. Other than a cross overlooking the sea near Mombasa, virtually no other trace of the hated Portuguese rule remains today.

The 18th century brought an emphasis on rebuilding the cities and reestablishing the once thriving trade routes. Under the leadership of the Sultan of Oman, Seyyid Said, the Arabs worked to regain economic and political supremacy over the region. The island of Zanzibar quickly became the center of a very lucrative trade in slaves and ivory from the interior and spices from the island itself.

During this time, Arab slavers moved into the interior of Kenya with the primary goal of exploiting rivalries between local tribes. The Arabs encouraged the powerful groups to conquer their weaker neighbors and sell them into slavery. The slaves were then forced to the coast and on to Zanzibar to be traded. Both ivory and slaves were hugely profitable and Zanzibar grew rich on the trade. This pattern continued despite the public outrage in Europe demanding an end to all slave trade. Eventually, the British brought their forceful anti-slavery message directly to the Sultan as they established a consulate at his court. After years of pressure, the Sultan finally relented and agreed to ban slavery in 1847.
http://www.africawithin.com/tour/kenya/slavery.htm

arabs were hella active in the "slavery business", there's no reason for them to have more rights to say nigga then whites do

and unlike whites, arabs are still officially doin it

This, though, has no bearing on the abominations in the western part of the country, in the region called Darfur. There, Arab militias, supported by the government in Khartoum, have been slaughtering, raping, torturing and enslaving - yes, slavery thrives in Sudan - black Africans. The refugee estimate is between 1 million and 2 million, and the area, which is about the size of France, has been so decimated that one can reportedly drive for 50 miles without seeing a living being. What you will see are burned villages and scorched earth. And desecrated bodies.
http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat/cat/WorldNews/79474/0/collapsed/5/o/1

vitodeluca

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2004, 06:19:30 PM »
*looks up thread where Sinister was arguin' with Bez for using nigga in his rhymes*

.:-ELITE-:.   M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. S.H.O.P..  .:-ELITE-:.Wins: Lost titan, bloody apronz, cee hoody, the answer, indecisive, primo, abstruse, ill natural, Adam X, Bez, Illicit aka Cee Ride, CSN, Jemuel, timelock, prophecy, assasin, Mack
Losses: Mack(x2), Red Alert,
Crew:Elite  
Battle Record: 17-3-0
April Awards:
Rookie of the month
Most Improved

MC of the Month
Battle MC of the Mont

ecrazy

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2004, 11:16:29 PM »
This Argument Could Go With B-Real As Well

Im Mexican, I grew up in a crip hood, all my homies were black or mexican growing up, and right now, out of all of us, im the only one who doesnt say "Nigga" when i talk to my black homies, all my other mexican homies do, and say it like it aint nuthing, but i dont, i dunno why, i just think its a dumb word to use....I Call Them "Brothers" Cuz they really are like brothers or cuzins to me, we're all family, but sometimes they clown on me cuz they think i think im betta then them or sumthin (so they say)...but the point to my jabber is, it does depend where you grew up at, if you grow up with black people, you will get used to they're lifestyles and vocab (hence my current addiction to black and milds)..but its all good, as long as you keep it in your hood, dont be expecting other people to be ok with it as well

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2004, 01:10:14 AM »
some people are ignorant, a good reason to snap on a mothafucka for saying the N word is if he's trying to be offensive, otherwise it's pointless, rappers don't use this word to racially offend anybody as we all know, than why be dumb about it.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2004, 01:12:30 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2004, 03:45:59 AM »
This Argument Could Go With B-Real As Well

Im Mexican, I grew up in a crip hood, all my homies were black or mexican growing up, and right now, out of all of us, im the only one who doesnt say "Nigga" when i talk to my black homies, all my other mexican homies do, and say it like it aint nuthing, but i dont, i dunno why, i just think its a dumb word to use....I Call Them "Brothers" Cuz they really are like brothers or cuzins to me, we're all family, but sometimes they clown on me cuz they think i think im betta then them or sumthin (so they say)...but the point to my jabber is, it does depend where you grew up at, if you grow up with black people, you will get used to they're lifestyles and vocab (hence my current addiction to black and milds)..but its all good, as long as you keep it in your hood, dont be expecting other people to be ok with it as well

LOL. for a second I thought this really is engel and I was like "WTF??!?"  :D
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2004, 05:16:48 AM »
*sighs*

i'm gettin tired of this. the human species cannot be divided into races, much less so today than ever. you cannot draw clear lines...some people are considered white being darker than some who ain't, there's europeans with abpout the skin color of Ma$e and there's light-skin latinos like joe. it just don't worklike that

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2004, 06:33:08 AM »
History don't make me, I'mma tell you that. I give a FUCK what my ancestors did. Why the shit some spanish dudes did 500 years ago should define me as a person and decide what I can or can't say? I say whatever I want to say and the only important thing is the meaning it's got, fuck about my skin, my race or my upbringing.

And what's with all that racist sensibilities? Black rappers be insulting, threating and disrespecting white people in their rhymes all the time and nobody says a word... everybody acts as it's normal. But then a white guy says the word "nigga" (without no intention to disrespect) and he's crucified. This is a hypocrite world we livin' in.

Throwback

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2004, 07:48:48 AM »
i think its sad when someone gets pissed when they hear the word nigger out of some white mans mouth. when a black guy says; WHITEY!! to me. ill be like; hmmm okay ::).

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »
^truth

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2004, 08:53:52 AM »
how about nobody says it

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2004, 11:16:51 AM »
im white and i say it...nigga nigga nigga...who cares 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2004, 11:23:53 AM »
^ EXACTLY
<~ :)

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2004, 06:14:45 PM »
I'm black, I don't say the word "nigga" and I don't like people around me saying it either. I've had to check way too many people on that. If you ain't black and you're saying that shit that's just plain disrespectful in my eyes since they haven't had to experience the struggle.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2004, 11:30:19 PM »
no offense but I think that the negro thing is for the ethnics...so I think that a White Person calling a black guy negro is disrespecful due to the fact that they took us as slaves...personally I dont mind having latinos calling me nigga cuz in a way it means "Strong Man" since thats how slaves were...but if its taking as a Diss I'd slap the person, as for a white dude calling a black nigga its just wrong because of the history behind it.

bez

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2004, 06:30:24 AM »
I'm black, I don't say the word "nigga" and I don't like people around me saying it either. I've had to check way too many people on that. If you ain't black and you're saying that shit that's just plain disrespectful in my eyes since they haven't had to experience the struggle.

No offense but I am sure you havn't and didn't experience "the struggle".

Too many black people dickride, you and your family probably sat on their asses while they where being taken as slaves, didn't do shit.  Just because you had people like Malcom X and Martin Luther that actually stood up and protested and won your rights to freedom you think you've personally experienced "the struggle, I don't see how. 

People like the people who went on the marches, wore the I'm Black but still a man signs, people who actually tried to do something about it...they are the ones with experience, not you.  If you wasn't even born then why do you think you experienced it?

Oh and Fat Joe is white.  If we go by skin colour, he is white.