Author Topic: How Canada could cut its taxes down to a fraction of the current rate  (Read 276 times)

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
Re: How Canada could cut its taxes down to a fraction of the current rate
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2004, 12:47:26 AM »

Quit making everything have to be in both French and English!! - It should only be in areas where it is of equal (or close to) bilingualism.

Not quite sure what you mean here.  Only things that are in both French and English are products, and my tax dollars don't pay for private companies.

Stop giving tax credits to every shitty TV show that comes along. I think all Canadian shows are receiving tax credits.

Sort of Agree

Legalize marijuana and sell it through the government. And no, I'm not some tree hugging leftist hippie. This could save money through all the people we wouldn't have to jail and put through the courts, and then it would generate more revenue and therefore make less taxes to be paid.

Agree, Marijuana is 6 billioin dollar a year industry in BC alone.

I never saw that French/English stuff back in BC either....there were alot of Asian/english signs tho.....but when i moved to ottawa for school, shit its everywhere.....all signs on everythin have to be in both languages.  Then i went to quebec and everythin is in french.....theres no english anywhere to be seen.  that doesnt make any sense, we're promoting the biligualism all over the rest of the country? but Quebec is too good for that?

I think the money the govt gives to Canadian musicians and shows etc is good....promotes a canadian culture...prevents us from being too assimilated to the U.S.  (well...in theory anyways,  90% of what i'd watch on tv is american.....basically just Hockey Night in Canada (man i miss hockey) )

and Yea, i think Legalization is a good idea also....it would certainly help the Bc Economy, and Law enforcement could focus on other stuff instead.  I dont know the details, but Amsterdam doesnt seem to have a problem with it.
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2004, 01:15:07 AM »
I disagree with privatization because straight up I come from the bottom. Public housing and all that, so I could care less if all these middle class mofos are gettin taxed, as long as I still have the benefits i can get

So did my Father, and now he's getting taxed like a motherfucker. How is that fair?

Who cares, Ill be out of the country by then. Going to a land where we say fuck a tax and $300,000 can build you a fortress.

Where are you moving to?

AFGHANISTAN  8)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2004, 01:19:04 AM »
Is the BBC funded by the English gov't?
to watch tv legally in your own home in britain you need to have a tv liscense which is about £120 a year this money is used to fund the bbc.

is that ontop of monthly cable bills, or is it just 120 a year for everything?
thats for your basic 5 channels, if you want more u gotta pay for cable or digital

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?