Author Topic: Snoop Dogg R&G album on mirc  (Read 1992 times)

Woodrow

Re: Snoop Dogg R&G album on mirc
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2004, 07:12:08 PM »
I really hope this is an advance of the album...

I remember there are always these type of things that leak before the real album does.... Last Meal bootleg, PTC bootleg, eastsidaz shit... It always seems like theres some sort of bootleg/advance that comes out before the actual album itself does.

The thing that strikes me, is that there's too much singing, not enough rapping. Snoop's flow is on point most of the time, but theres just too much fucking singing. If I wanna hear some singing shit, I'll buy an R Kelly album. If I wanna hear some raps, I'll buy a snoop album. I'm all for creativity, and exploring new areas of music, but stick with what you know.

I was expecting some crazy next level type shit after hearing the first single, but what we've heard so far is Beautiful outtakes...

BL7

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2004, 07:12:41 PM »
From what I've heard, it's okay. The beats are pretty good, but Snoop takes away from the songs. And I ain't a damn hater, I have all of Snoop's albums, but he comes weak on this shit. I might still pick it up, though......Maybe it'll grow on me. :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2004, 07:47:13 PM »
I thought Snoops flow on "Drop it Like it's Hot" wasn't very good at all, it sounded lazy.  However, the cool ass hook and the "I got the rolly on my arm" part was so off the hook it saved the song.  I'm downloading the album now, so we'll see. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2004, 08:36:18 PM »
Alright, I downloaded it.  Just started listening.  Track one is tight as shit, sounds much better in Cd quality and not censored like on the radio.  Snoop's last verse is just lazy though, but the hook and beat are nice. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track two is horrible.  Beat sucks, flow sucks, concept sucks, everything about it sucks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Track 3 "The bidness" is off the hook.

"Half dog, half gorilla bitch, Donkey Kong"

LOL  Flow is nice.  Yall don't like this track? 

"I ain't got time for no hatas, I lay 'em flat on they back/I'm from the doggpound homie, I don't fuck wit them cats"

Come on.  Give props where props are due. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Lets Get Blown" has a decent beat, and the hook is nice.  There's even like some interesting minor harmonies and shit in it, it's pretty well thought out, really relaxing, and while it's obviously doing the Kokane thing, it's not annoying like he was sometimes.  Even Snoop's singing part is o.k., but his verses are just lackluster normal everyday Snoop verses he throws on everything.  Woulda been better as a "....... featuring Snoop Dogg" song.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ups & Downs" what the fuck.  Beat is wack as shit.  It gets slightly better when Snoop starts rapping, but the beat is so amateurish it's annoying and the song can't be saved, IMO.  Snoop's problem is usually in being lazy, his lyrics are usually on point, but he needs a decent beat.  Even on this shitty song, he comes up with nice rhymes that in better circumstances would work great, he even gets you thinking sometimes

"I used to have a lotta broads that I don't fool with/I used to have a lot of homeboys I ain't cool with/
A lotta people that a nigga went to school with/happy as hell to see the big dogg doin' it...
... But wouldn't none of 'em beleive it though/ that I would be bigger than Kurtis Blow
I guess he was right, these are the brakes/despite my mistakes and aches I'm gettin' Cake"

Simple lyrics and rhymes, but he strings shit together proper and in my opinion he's pretty solid lyrically, if he comes correctly with his flow, which he doesn't in this song.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Stay" has a low quality beat, there's almost nothing there.  Snoop's verses are just wack lazy stuff.  The hook sounds like a good idea that went bad.  "Can I get you to STAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyy" people don't talk like that, it just sounds stupid.  Skiiiiiiiip.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Girl Like U" sounds like Snoop standing in the shower trying to sing a Tevin Campbell song.  Nothing interesting at all in this song, all the cool ass melodies from "Lets Get Blown" just ain't here, and he even rips off Steve Miller's "Fly Like an Eagle" @ the beginning.  Shitty song

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Promise" could have been nice with whoever that is singing the hook.  Snoop's verses aren't horrible, but there's nothing worth relistening to... so unless you're really into the chick singing the hook, you're not going to listen to this song much.  She does come across pretty good, though.  When Snoop's Ad Libs are the best part of the song, you know it's shit.

"Yeah... Come & Spend a Week With The Black Jack Tripper"

LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Signs" is refreshingly different, if you aren't immediatly turned off by Justin Timberlake singing a hook.  Nice fast paced Beat, and interesting hook with a retro- Michael Jackson vibe to it ala~ "Don't Stop Till Ya Get Enough". 

Snoop oughta stick to flowing over fast beats, since he sounds 3 times better than on the slow cuts on the album.  The immediate attraction to Snoop back in the day at Deathrow to everybody was his double and triple timed rhymes in the middle of verses anyways.  He drops back to that a little bit in this song, and it works, in my opinion.

Good song, it would be better if Snoop's verses were longer, though.  Justin on the real sounds just like Michael Jackson, lol he's trying pretty damn hard.  This is obviously slated to be a single, with Snoop calling out the Neptunes on the song, and of course Justin Timberlake singing the hook on a beat designed to dance to.  This will probably do very well on the radio.  This is the evidence people will use for the next 10 years when they argue Snoop is a sellout.

Some of the nice shit Snoop drops

"It's legit, you know it's a hit/when the Neptunes and the Doggy Dogg fittin' spit"

"Now you steppin' with a G, from Los Angeles/Where tha Helicoptas Got Cameras/
Just ta get a glimpse of our chucks, and our Khakis and our Bouncin' Cars/"

but the verses only have a few more lines then it's back to Justin.  Snoop should have just went all out and flowed for like 3 minutes and this could have been something significant, instead it's just a poppy single that'll pad his pockets but won't do anyting to help him regain his status as a talented emcee.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 09:15:26 PM by Trauma »

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2004, 10:30:09 PM »

i heard this album in 4 different ways..
1.sober
2.fucked up gone off some drank
3.gone off a ounce of red hair
4. in some moist coota brown..

tell u the truth sober tha album is shit.. but under the influence of some pussy weed and alcohol.. the album is prolly his tightest... advance or not.. its a good under the influence album i tell u what

lol @ the black jack tripper..  umm. he gone have another tx cat dissin him.. 1st its 3-2 now..i hope pimp-c dont get at him kuz pimp-c been jack tripper 4 years..lol..
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 10:31:54 PM by uno dos, i have hairy balls, tres cuatro, ask ya bitch vato!! »

super_russy

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2004, 01:52:49 AM »
this is a shit album im disappointed in Snoop

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2004, 03:19:16 AM »
I really hope this is an advance of the album...

I remember there are always these type of things that leak before the real album does.... Last Meal bootleg, PTC bootleg, eastsidaz shit... It always seems like theres some sort of bootleg/advance that comes out before the actual album itself does.

The thing that strikes me, is that there's too much singing, not enough rapping. Snoop's flow is on point most of the time, but theres just too much fucking singing. If I wanna hear some singing shit, I'll buy an R Kelly album. If I wanna hear some raps, I'll buy a snoop album. I'm all for creativity, and exploring new areas of music, but stick with what you know.

I was expecting some crazy next level type shit after hearing the first single, but what we've heard so far is Beautiful outtakes...

Yea thats my main beef with it, theres just too much singing and love oriented songs on there. It has some nice beats here and there but the west coast feel on Snoops album is gone for good now. This album is not meant for his fans that listened to Doggystyle and Doggfather, I guess if you would play this to some random R&b fans they will like it cause if you look at it from that perspective you get a different opinion
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 03:22:05 AM by l i l j a y »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2004, 10:06:29 AM »
for real lets get blown, and ups and downs are pretty tight, the timberlake track ain't even that bad and would be a huge fuckin song if they release it as single (i hope they don't though) ive only heard 4 songs and all are pretty decent, snoop might not be comin the way we normally like to see him come but if the 3 songs we haven't heard are "gangsta" tracks and are mixed in with these i see this being better than paid the cost
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

geezy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dogg Pound Gangsta 4 Life (west coast love).
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2004, 03:49:18 AM »
I only have the chance to listen to the 3 tracks from dubcnn and i got to tell you am really feeling d snoop and daz track.
the other tw i really dont know,i just dont like the idea of justin on a snoop dogg album,I dont mind them working together but on a snoop dogg album,noooooooooo.
the snoop and daz track am listening to it continously.
Will decide when i have the chance to hear more.That will be when dubcnn give more.
peace/.
Arsenal 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!