Author Topic: If you really think this means anything, you're crazy.  (Read 183 times)

Trauma-san

If you really think this means anything, you're crazy.
« on: November 03, 2004, 07:16:56 AM »
It doesn't matter who is elected President.  The effect ANY president would have on your life is minimal.  If you don't like who was elected, oh well, get over it, in 4 years you can vote again and maybe you'll get who you want in, this time.  In all honesty, most democrats will admit in the deep dark wee hours of the night to someone they know very well... that they didn't want Kerry anyways, he was just the alternative to Bush.  THAT is why Kerry didn't win, he wasn't what people wanted.  If a better man had ran for the job, he would have won, because Bush was extremely vulnerable, but Kerry wasn't the better man.  I digress.

No matter who is in washington, the greatest moments and events in your life are all going to revolve around your family and your friends, not your government.  Look @ the people in all these war torn countries around the world, they still have meaningful lives and get by day to day, even with governments that try and kill rape and imprison them.  You need a little perspective if you think that the situation in America is even vaguely near some of these places.

Just live your life, the government don't mean shit to it, you have to do for yourself and make your own life good, regardless of who's in the white house.  The bible says to everything there is a season.  This is Bush's season, like it or not.  Just deal with it. 

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: If you really think this means anything, you're crazy.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 07:22:23 AM »
tell that to the people who'll die in a war with Iran .. that it means... "nothing"..
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 07:26:37 AM »
Thinking about the thousands of lives lost over something that was not necessary just breaks my heart when I think about it. 4 more years of bloodshed.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2004, 07:30:21 AM »
war, gay marriage, terrorist, tax cut, high national debt, and this doesn't effect my life. Trauma, what country have you been living in?

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2004, 07:31:57 AM »
war, gay marriage, terrorist, tax cut, high national debt, and this doesn't effect my life. Trauma, what country have you been living in?

lol gay marriage effects your life...

i think you just inadvertantly came out of the closet  ;D

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2004, 07:40:52 AM »
It's optimism vs. pessimism, and I think we see what side the dems come down on. 

dexter

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2004, 07:41:38 AM »
WWIII is what it means

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2004, 11:29:16 AM »
Trauma, I know exactly what you mean. Personally, I admit, I'm not a Bush-fan, but I really don't care about him winning the election. It doesn't really make a difference to me. You know what's funny though? When people here don't make a big deal out of it, but people in places like Germany do. LOL