Author Topic: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?  (Read 658 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Who Said Kobe Bryant Doesn't Improve Teammates?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 06:40:51 PM »
this just in...

The lakers got OWNED by the jazz. Kobe had 38, the only other player on the team in double digits was Odom with like 12??
They were never in the game. This is gonna be a long season for laker fans.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 08:43:28 PM »
people only hate on him because he's so young and doing what stars are usually doing so much later in their careers

Larry and Magic were about the same age as Kobe is now and they were doing great things. I've never hated on them. I just think Kobe was riding O'Niel to the championship, alot more than O'niel was riding Kobe. With Magic and Larry the driving force was clearly them. We'll find out in the next two seasons if Kobe can do it with out Shaq. The bottom line is that I htink Kobe is overrated and the next few seasons will either prove or refute my theory.

What about Shaq? If he doesnt win the title in Miami?

Well the same goes for Shaq I guess. But he's shown in the past that he can take teams far (before Kobe). Shaq's also a bit older.

acbaylove

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2004, 04:45:10 AM »
this just in...

The lakers got OWNED by the jazz. Kobe had 38, the only other player on the team in double digits was Odom with like 12??

Right now Jazz is a better team than us at home. Period.
But we will have Divac and George coming back soon, they will help us.

acbaylove

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 04:47:00 AM »
people only hate on him because he's so young and doing what stars are usually doing so much later in their careers

Larry and Magic were about the same age as Kobe is now and they were doing great things. I've never hated on them. I just think Kobe was riding O'Niel to the championship, alot more than O'niel was riding Kobe. With Magic and Larry the driving force was clearly them. We'll find out in the next two seasons if Kobe can do it with out Shaq. The bottom line is that I htink Kobe is overrated and the next few seasons will either prove or refute my theory.

Well the same goes for Shaq I guess. But he's shown in the past that he can take teams far (before Kobe). Shaq's also a bit older.

Yes, but he didnt win a damn thing unless Kobe. And viceversa. Look, the truth is that Kobe cant win a title without Shaq, and Shaq cant win a title without Kobe. And the surrounding staff (Horry, Fox, R.Harper, B.Shaw, Fisher, George, etc..)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 09:23:47 AM »
this just in...

True that the Lakers got fucked, but where were you when they shitted on Denver (an upcoming team from the west)??

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 09:31:07 AM »
I predict Bryant to average like 30-34 points this season, yet the Lakers will have their worst record since like forever.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2004, 09:34:14 AM »

Yes, but he didnt win a damn thing unless Kobe. And viceversa. Look, the truth is that Kobe cant win a title without Shaq, and Shaq cant win a title without Kobe. And the surrounding staff (Horry, Fox, R.Harper, B.Shaw, Fisher, George, etc..)

But IF Miami does go deep in the playoffs or win the championship, and the Lakers don't make it to the playoffs, then I want every Kobe lover to shut up forever. Besides I was comparing Kobe to Larry and Magic, not Shaq.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2004, 10:18:00 AM »

But IF Miami does go deep in the playoffs or win the championship, and the Lakers don't make it to the playoffs, then I want every Kobe lover to shut up forever. Besides I was comparing Kobe to Larry and Magic, not Shaq.

But then there could always be arguments of Miami having the better supporting cast and being in the east doesn't hurt neither...Remember, Miami made it deep into the playoffs last year WITHOUT Shaq.

Smooth

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2004, 11:06:42 AM »
LOL there could be NO argument that Miami has the better supporting cast,  after shaq, they got wade who is sick, but then they basically got eddie jones who's only decent now... and what else, can't say christian Laettner he's whack now, they got nothin else.

Lakers defo got the better supporting cast end of story...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2004, 01:16:01 PM »
LOL there could be NO argument that Miami has the better supporting cast,  after shaq, they got wade who is sick, but then they basically got eddie jones who's only decent now... and what else, can't say christian Laettner he's whack now, they got nothin else.

Lakers defo got the better supporting cast end of story...

Miami has Shaq and Wade...Lakers have Kobe and a bunch of role players...Odom hasn't been playing like an all-star YET...Get that bullshit out of here, homie.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 01:22:52 PM »
Odom had 14 points, Anway....Lakers are going to lose games....people are so quick to say how bad they are when they lose....No one's talking about how Sacramento lost their first 2 games by about 15 points....It's going to take a while for the Lakers to come together and start winning some games....None of these guys have played together before....I still say Lakers will win 50+ this year

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 03:33:08 PM »

If Miami will win the Championship, i'll shut up.

acbaylove

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 03:43:39 PM »
About the Lakers-Miami thing, i've NEVER seen a team winning a championship thanx to one man only. NEVER. I mean Shaq & Kobe won 3 titles, right. But it was also thanx to the 3s of Shaw and Horry, who saved them against Portland in the best game i've ever seen. It's thanx to Ron Harper who added his experience. It's thanx to Robert Horry again who made them 3's against Sacramento. It's thanx to Lue who saved Phil Jackson's ass by guarding Iverson 1 on 1. It's thanx to Rick Fox who had great defence against San Antonio and Sacramento. It's thanx to Phil Jackson and Tex Winter. Shit it's even thanx to G.Rice, a big delusion, but shit he did his job. You cant really make it like Shaq won the titles alone. Or Kobe won the titles alone. Cause they didnt and they CANT. Alone they cant win nothing. Shaq without Kobe IMO cant win a title. Shaq without a GREAT supporting cast cant win a title. Kobe alone CANT win a title. Kobe without a GREAT supporting cast cant win a title. IMO neither Lakers and Heat got great supporting casts for Kobe and Shaq.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2004, 09:00:52 AM »
2 loses in a row...funny how ppl get all high and mighty after 1 game...chill guys...wait till half the season then we'll see how good kobe is doing..and the lakers!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2004, 10:35:12 AM »
2 loses in a row...funny how ppl get all high and mighty after 1 game...chill guys...wait till half the season then we'll see how good kobe is doing..and the lakers!

Well, the game against San Antonio was expected...San Antonio are he number 1 contenders for winning it all this season, and have been playing together as a team for years...Lakers are just now meshing together and re-building the franchise around Kobe...It'll take time until everyone learns to play as a team...Give the Lakers a few more months for the chemistry to flow..Also, let some of the injuries heal (Devean George, Slava Medvadenko, Vlade Divac, Luke Walton, Brian Grant, Kareem Rush, and possibly even Karl Malone)...Then we'll see.