Author Topic: Eminem - Encore + Bonus CD  (Read 1570 times)

Don Breezio

Eminem - Encore + Bonus CD
« on: November 03, 2004, 04:45:19 PM »

1.Curtains Up (encore version) ……..

2.Evil Deeds – cool song…nothing special…just kind of average in all aspects. 7/10

3.Never Enough (feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg) – great song….tight beat….wish it was longer…good song though. 8.5/10

4.Yellow Brick Road – really like this song….good beat, em’s flow is good…9/10

5.Like Toy Soldiers – my favorite track on the cd….amazing song, great sample in the hook. Great lyrics, great flow, great beat. 10/10

6.Mosh – not really feelin the song that much only because I feel like the beat could’ve been better and em’s rapping should’ve been a little faster…6/10

7.Puke – very different song…I enjoyed it….gets points for creativity but loses points for the semi-lame lyrics…7/10

8.My 1st Single - ….wtf is up with the beat….its so annoying and lame…this should’ve been taken off the album….1/10

9.Paul (skit)…these are getting a little old

10.Rain Man – this sounds like its straight from the eminem show (which is my favorite eminem album btw). If Christopher reeve hadn’t died I would think this was kinda funny….but em recorded this before he did so I wont hate on em. I feel like this coulda been something from MMLP too….im gonna give it a 8/10

11.Big Weenie – this song is pretty funny….i think the hook is tight even though i can see it getting on my nerves though…8/10

12.Em Calls Paul (Skit) – lame….annoying interlude…would skip this definitely

13.Just Lose It – I am not sure necessarily what to say on this one…one side of me thinks its lame because em always puts one of these damn singles out as the first from each album….on the other hand….part of me actually enjoys it I guess because its just kind of a fun song…the video is funny. 7.5/10

14.Ass Like That – this song is hilarious…the chorus is awesome…I thought this was a great great song lol….ill give it a 9/10

15.Spend Some Time (feat. Obie Trice, Stat Quo, 50 Cent) – Obie’s verse is really good, so is em’s…I love when em does those really chilled out verses…stat quo’s verse was alright but probably coulda been left out of the song….50’s verse was decent…really good track for the most part…9/10

16.Mockingbird – I really like this song….its more personal…chilled out….i would say this would be my 2nd favorite song from the cd…10/10

17.Crazy In Love – Em’s flow is the style a lot of people don’t like…personally I like it but only in moderation. The whole song probably shouldn’t be that way….but it fits….gets on my nerves a little…6.5/10
18.One Shot 2 Shot (feat. D12) – this sounds like a standard D12 track (one of the better ones)…I like it…8/10

19.Final Thought (Skit) – ….i dunno what the point of this was

20.Encore/Curtains Close - …Encore is the one song out of the 3 I originally heard that gave me hope for this album…I really enjoy this song…dre sounds great, 50 sounds great, em sounds great….this is an easy 10/10

Bonus Cd

1.We As Americans – probably one of the best eminem songs ever made….great feel to it…I love when eminem gets political….though its lame they edited the line “I’d rather see the president **** (dead)” 10/10

2.Love You More – this is a really good song….mostly lyrically…the beat is cool but the lyrics are cool because they show a seriously dysfunctional relationship…10/10

3.Ricky Ticky Toc – the recording isn’t as good of quality as the other 2…song is kinda generic…nothing special…can’t really see myself listening to it often…6/10

chances are i will pick this cd up when it drops....but it will probably not get a lot of rotation in my stereo....but who knows...it may grow on me more....im gonna say overall the album is about a 7.5/10

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Eminem - Encore + Bonus CD
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 05:42:56 PM »
i completely dissagree. heres mine.. i dont have ratings.. but 7/10 for evil deeds, and same for puke.. thats just 2 .. but both of those aremnt higher than a 4

quote author=white boy link=topic=60904.msg676330#msg676330 date=1099531280]
01 Curtains Up (Encore Version)   
02 Evil Deeds
Produced By Dr. Dre   
beat is ok.. hook is terrible.. lyrics are terrible
03 Never Enough (Feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg)
Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo
plain beat.. nothin special.. lyrics are ehh.. ok flow.. hook is ok its nate so nothin special.. 50 outshines em imo
04 Yellow Brick Road
(Produced By Eminem)
boring beat.. like most of eminems.. great lyrics and story telling.. one of best
05 Like Toy Soldiers Eminem     
Sick beat.. sick sample..great lyrics best or one of the best on album
06 Mosh
Produced By Dr. Dre & Mark Batson           
Sick beat.. slow flow but good lyrics... on of the best
07 Puke
Produced By Eminem
are you fuckin serious.. no comment
08 My 1st Single
Produced By Eminem
beat is.. intresting.. hook is ass. lyrics are ass. fast flow.. why is he mentioning christopher what an asshole
09 Paul (Skit)     
10 Rain Man
Produced By Dr. Dre
beat is ok.. lyrics.. you cant be serious.. and again why is he mentioning christopher what an asshole
11 Big Weenie
Produced By Dr. Dre
beat sucks.. lyrics suck
12 Em Calls Paul (Skit)     
13 Just Lose It
Produced By Dr.Dre & Mike Elizondo
i dont like it.. beat is ehh.. but compared to the album.. its one of the better songs
14 Ass Like That
Produced By Dr. Dre & Mike Elizondo
beat is nice..lyrics.. come on.. hes a joke
15 Spend Some Time (Feat. Obie Trice, Stat Quo & 50 Cent)
Produced By Eminem
stat quo sucks.. beat isnt bad.. i like the chorus.. not THAT bad
16 Mockingbird
Produced By Eminem
I like this beat.. pretty good songs.. nice lyrics.. nice chorus..
17 Crazy In Love
Produced By Eminem
Dope sample.. i dont like the lyrics.. and i dont like his flow.. beat is not bad
18 One Shot 2 Shot (Feat. D-12)
Produced By Eminem
i like chorus.. cool beat.. lyrics aint nothin special
19 Final Thought (Skit)         
20 Encore / Curtains Down (Feat. Dr. Dre & 50 Cent)
Produced By Dr. Dre & Mark Batson
Dope beat.. great song..

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 07:55:24 PM »
1- Evil Deeds- an aight track beat is good, lyrics good i give it 7/10
2-Never enough dope tracl, reminds m of old 50, both of em killed it, wish it was longer9/10
3-yellow brick road i dunno haven't heared much the beat didnt atrract me so i wont give it any thing 4 now...
4-Like toy soldiers DOPE, beat,sample,lyrics and flow r all on point 10/10
5-Mosh dre did a nice beat and eminem lyrics are aight but this kinda slow flow doesnt fit em's voice 7/10
6- Puke I love this song.. one of my fav's on the album.... new idea for a song although am against singin rappersbut...10/10
7-My first single i like the idea of the song.. if u listen to the lyrics u woulda known why the beat sucked.. i respect the concept 6.5/10
8-Rain man dope song.. gets boring inb the middle but picks up again... 8.5/10
9-Big weenie nice song... the funnyk kiddy eminem track 8.5/10
10-just lose it poppy first single for the sales/controversy..... it sucked this time 6/10
11-Ass like that the beat is crazy... em's accent wasnt that annoying9/10
12-Spend more time all 4 mc's killed it.. reminds me of love me off 8 mile sdtk 10/10
13- Mocking bird Hailie's song... he killed it this time.... 9/10
14- Crazy in love i love this track too, em comes correct with every thing beat,sample, lyrics and flow 9.5/10
15- 1 shot 2 shot D-12 always come correct on em's albums... not this time didnt like tha song much 6.5/10
16-ENCORE no need to say much its perfect 10/10

over all album gets 8.5/10 em fails again to put out another classic

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 02:59:28 AM »

8.5? WTF... I know the quality of music being put out by rappers these days isn't too great, and it's a little easier to give higher ratings for albums when compared to everything else out there, but 8.5? You've got to be kidding me...

MegaTON

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:43:46 PM »
how could anyone sit around bumpin this shit?

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 12:08:30 AM »
thats crazy....a 7.5 was a stretch for me

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 08:12:06 PM »
After releasing cathartic, teenage angst onto his previous 3 albums, I guess now since Eminem has lost his awesome talent and abundant wit, all he has left is his stoopidly mordant world-view, and burp, fart, and ass jokes.  Money and fame have given him left time to drown in his own pool of despondency and brood over how unfair his poor life has been to him.  Encore will quickly become a novelty record. 

One more proof that hip-hop is dead.... And that we need to bring back the Black Power movement in hip-hop.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004, 08:17:26 PM »
I definitely give it 6 out of 10. Very disappointing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2004, 10:10:24 AM »

8.5? WTF... I know the quality of music being put out by rappers these days isn't too great, and it's a little easier to give higher ratings for albums when compared to everything else out there, but 8.5? You've got to be kidding me...
the album is okay except for a couple of trax ( just lose it, 1shot 2 shot)
i mean its completely natural, pp lhated more on emin em show when he was singing and using rock samples
and know the ycallin it much better than encore

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004, 02:35:25 PM »
this album eminem dissapointed me big time, he came with the EXACT same shit he done for the last 3 albums again, u gotta keep bringin new shit to the table but he didnt with this album......production was decent, had its ups n downs but eminem after comin strong in the beggining of the album just seems to go weak.......i'll do a real review sometime soon

3 or 3.5/5

prince

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 06:37:25 PM »
yeah encore was really shit. eminem has fell off. His production is too dark and sounds all the same. his work on that 2pac album is disgraceful.

salvador

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »
7/10

EMINEM FELL OFF

kywhiteboy

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 07:14:16 PM »

His worst album.

Shahizzle

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 10:46:58 PM »
this luke guy who reviewed it is WAYYY Off by my liking... he was actually right about my first single though, shoulda been taken out from the album..

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 11:14:47 AM »
this album eminem dissapointed me big time, he came with the EXACT same shit he done for the last 3 albums again, u gotta keep bringin new shit to the table but he didnt with this album......production was decent, had its ups n downs but eminem after comin strong in the beggining of the album just seems to go weak.......i'll do a real review sometime soon

3 or 3.5/5

hahahahaha talk about hyping a muhfucka up! who put up that wack shit!?!?haha

anyways i quik time review for y'all

intro - should have been 1st single

evil deeds - real nice beat, em comes nice on it but this had the potential to be something sick, dre hardly ever gives em beats like this, its dark, upbeat......why not make a g'd up joint..em spits some nice lines but could have been way better - 4/5

never enough - em comes nice, nice beat, nuttin great..........nates hook aint to good for once, its aight, but he came better on games album....50 kills it.....but only one verse each...........perfect title for the joint - 4/5

yellow brick road - nice beat but i mean........its just like one of those dope beats which is hard to listen, i dunno whether its ems vioce or it is not clean enough, i cant make out why still but only a few times have i ever fully heard this track...em comes nice but its again nuttin great. 4/5

toy soldiers - this beat is wack! i dunno why all these white kids love this song but this shits wack, no rhythm, no flow, hook is mo annoying than a muhfucka, but it was second single.....em spits some nice lines......but homie, its a album, u gotta spit sick lines with the feeling its still great music.....seems like eminem lost this touch ever since the mmlp - 3.5/5

mosh - something different for eminem still, beat starts kinda sick......but stays the same way till the end.....i aint really thinkin this be special.......3.5/5

puke -  still on the wifey shit.......to be honest, the beat is sick.....def one of ems better beats, and eminem flows sick on this.....but i mean...........who gives a fuck homie about ya problems on a big level, a few lines now n again aint nuttin but makin a album like its a family tradition its muhfuckin annoying...........nice beat, nice flow.......some of the ingredients to make a great song, but ems sounds like a bitch with his vioce sometimes and the hook is annoying and so it the message........its ashame, cuz this shit is wasted in my opinion.... 3.5/5

my 1st single - u know, i gotta be honest i use to think the beat was standard at first when i heard it but after a few listens it bugged me the fuck out........how the fuck this be part of the leftovers of a album would be worrying enough, but to be part of the actual album! aw naaaaaaaaa.......1/5

rain man - the beat is produced by dre without no coproducers and its sick, something i could have seen a nigga like hittman flowing for joke over, givin it a nice old skool feel to it........but em wastes this shit...STILL talking nuttin but bullshit........he kinda kills superman but still.......christopher reeves wont sit for thsi either, lol.......thats on some fucked up shit, but still.......homies passed away, atleaast have some class.......but really, why is he making like what feels like a whole song on bullshit noone wants to hear? 2.75/5......nice beat, em again fucked up

big weenie......kinda reminds me of a lesser version of xzibits "best of things" beat, shows dre wernt fully on game during makin this album either........em again comes on some rain man shit.......i think dre n em got abit to excited to be working together on this album n just forgot they had to make some quality joints together too, cuz this is again a joke.......2.75/5

just loose it - when i first heard this i thought it was aight, but now its a joke, i dunno what i was thinkin when i first heard this, maybe i was just excited to hear em out again.......didnt last long.....2/5

ass like that............beats sick.........em cant spit over funk like this.......why did he even try, should have passed it to method man..............3.5/5...........because beat is live.......em should have made this his first single if he wants to go stupid still for every first joint

spend some time - man my niggaz dissapoint me on this joint..........this beat has no vibe to it at all, em realy need to get himself a melman style brother to add some funk to his rigid shit cuz even this dont sound like most joints made about bitches, it dont seem right.......everyone comes off decent but still.....the fuck is this?.....2.5/5

mokingbird..........one of the best joints on the album........i'll give it the highest rating simply because eminem seems inspired, even though his spit for his daughter befo, it aint gonna hate on him for doing this, cuz he seems real about it...........4.5/5

crazy in love - em comes off kinda crazy on this.........but again, wasted on shit nobody gives a fuck about....u know, i know 99%of people who buy em cds are white but it dont mean niggaz dont check his shit either.....we'll never fully be able to relate to him, but white his making hiphop joints, the least he could do it make shit we all can atleast vibe to or get our heads poppin to.......i cant listen this bullshit! 3/5

1shot 2 shot......em kills it......but didnt we just heard this joint on like everyother d12 eminem collabo?!?......its like a remake of a muhfuckin remake, a chain joint that goes only within d12 that'l never stop.......drags to long to......heard it all befo.....why not try n come with some new shit........who you tryna impress with reclyced shit?.....2.5/5

encore.........the joint i was hyped about.......dre spittin again.....em n 50 on it to, dre beat.......man this shit is kinda wack..........em sounds decent........50 only gotta lil bridge typa thing in it.....where he sound fucked up......dre gets stronger with each verse but the hook is weak and the beat is a joke for dre standards......sounds way to rigid....something em and konartist would do.....kinda like mixed them together and got this shit......3/5......most dissapointing joint to date from dre n em......simply because even on eminem show....while the beat was weak they still knew how to grind a dope joint out of it......seems like they forgot on here

overall, i think dre n eminem seriously thought they made a heater with this, they dropped mosh befo the first single, gave the first single huge hype, and everything, but once everyone heard it and clowned it.....they probably realised they fucked up on alot of shit on this album........em cant make a joint with a nice vibe to it no mo.......after eminem show i was put off eminem but hearing the 3 joints of 8mile, i was impressed, seemed like he was back on track to making some sick joints, then this drops........worst thing that could have happened to eminem.....but longterm if he learns from it n realises people wanna hear something different.....could be the best thing to happen for him.....only time will tell if he was just a overplayed gimmick or a true talent....cuz now will be the real test when he speaks on shit we havent heard befo on comin cds.....if he does....or if he continues to get mo played out n exposed for a phony or if he really is a white boy who was sick with it

2.5/5

peace

« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 11:19:20 AM by LyRiCaL_G »