Author Topic: Eminem - Encore + Bonus CD  (Read 1571 times)

AndrE16686

Re: Eminem - Encore + Bonus CD
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2005, 11:16:15 PM »
This CD is waay overrated by just about everybody. In my opion the only good songs are Never Enough (Em dosn't really shine tho),Toy Soldiers,Mosh, Rain Man, Ass like dat,spend some time, Encore ( although having 50 on it seems kinda pointless). I reckon the album was a waste of money, and I wouldn't recommend paying for any of those songs I mentioned.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 05:52:14 PM »
this album started out decently but it went downhill rapidly at a freefall rate.
2/5 and that's being generous.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 08:52:03 PM »
Say what you want about Eminem, and we all know that by the time Encore was released Em's skills had seen their better days, but that was exactly the purpose for the album.

-On Encore, he sets off the first track "Evil Deeds" saying that he never meant to be as big as he was, and that the show is over, and he wants out of the spotlight, he knows he can't do what he was able to do before, he has said what he's got to say, but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

-Em is a musical genius.  Take his four albums, and all four are related to one another.  He jumps off with "My Name Is" on the Slim Shady LP, but by the time Encore comes around he has been exhausted and "Rain Man" is an expression of this (with all the usual sarcasm and irony).

-Every album had a song like "Cum On Everybody" and it was usually track 13.

-Every album had a skit from Paul.

-Every album took you deeper and deeper into his family history and background, and he left no stone unturned.  His life has been an open book and the price for this has taken it's toll.  By the time "Mockingbird" comes along on Encore, Em is reflecting on all the fame and family hardship, and he's asking to be out of the spotlight saying "One day this will all just be a dream." 

-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over.  He finishes this thought on the next album in "Evil Deeds" when he says everyone thinks he has it so great, and their is the big show, but he can't go home, the "curtain never closes".

-He has a constant theme from Slim Shady LP and a fascination with suicide, he speaks explicitly about it in the Slim Shady LP about wanting to kill himself, and finally on Encore he does it, but "not without leaving the game without atleast saying goodbye" and he raps up his legacy on a final climatic track with Dre and 50 Cent where he says "if they hadn't seen our faces on rolling stone pages maybe they'd be raised to be racists".

........Really, Em is a genius for this, and nobody has given him the credit he deserves for dropping four albums that run together to form one of the greatest works of art of our time.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 04:23:51 AM »

1.Curtains Up (encore version) ……..

2.Evil Deeds – cool song…nothing special…just kind of average in all aspects. 7/10

3.Never Enough (feat. 50 Cent & Nate Dogg) – great song….tight beat….wish it was longer…good song though. 8.5/10

4.Yellow Brick Road – really like this song….good beat, em’s flow is good…9/10

5.Like Toy Soldiers – my favorite track on the cd….amazing song, great sample in the hook. Great lyrics, great flow, great beat. 10/10

6.Mosh – not really feelin the song that much only because I feel like the beat could’ve been better and em’s rapping should’ve been a little faster…6/10

7.Puke – very different song…I enjoyed it….gets points for creativity but loses points for the semi-lame lyrics…7/10

8.My 1st Single - ….wtf is up with the beat….its so annoying and lame…this should’ve been taken off the album….1/10

9.Paul (skit)…these are getting a little old

10.Rain Man – this sounds like its straight from the eminem show (which is my favorite eminem album btw). If Christopher reeve hadn’t died I would think this was kinda funny….but em recorded this before he did so I wont hate on em. I feel like this coulda been something from MMLP too….im gonna give it a 8/10

11.Big Weenie – this song is pretty funny….i think the hook is tight even though i can see it getting on my nerves though…8/10

12.Em Calls Paul (Skit) – lame….annoying interlude…would skip this definitely

13.Just Lose It – I am not sure necessarily what to say on this one…one side of me thinks its lame because em always puts one of these damn singles out as the first from each album….on the other hand….part of me actually enjoys it I guess because its just kind of a fun song…the video is funny. 7.5/10

14.Ass Like That – this song is hilarious…the chorus is awesome…I thought this was a great great song lol….ill give it a 9/10

15.Spend Some Time (feat. Obie Trice, Stat Quo, 50 Cent) – Obie’s verse is really good, so is em’s…I love when em does those really chilled out verses…stat quo’s verse was alright but probably coulda been left out of the song….50’s verse was decent…really good track for the most part…9/10

16.Mockingbird – I really like this song….its more personal…chilled out….i would say this would be my 2nd favorite song from the cd…10/10

17.Crazy In Love – Em’s flow is the style a lot of people don’t like…personally I like it but only in moderation. The whole song probably shouldn’t be that way….but it fits….gets on my nerves a little…6.5/10
18.One Shot 2 Shot (feat. D12) – this sounds like a standard D12 track (one of the better ones)…I like it…8/10

19.Final Thought (Skit) – ….i dunno what the point of this was

20.Encore/Curtains Close - …Encore is the one song out of the 3 I originally heard that gave me hope for this album…I really enjoy this song…dre sounds great, 50 sounds great, em sounds great….this is an easy 10/10

Bonus Cd

1.We As Americans – probably one of the best eminem songs ever made….great feel to it…I love when eminem gets political….though its lame they edited the line “I’d rather see the president **** (dead)” 10/10

2.Love You More – this is a really good song….mostly lyrically…the beat is cool but the lyrics are cool because they show a seriously dysfunctional relationship…10/10

3.Ricky Ticky Toc – the recording isn’t as good of quality as the other 2…song is kinda generic…nothing special…can’t really see myself listening to it often…6/10

chances are i will pick this cd up when it drops....but it will probably not get a lot of rotation in my stereo....but who knows...it may grow on me more....im gonna say overall the album is about a 7.5/10

This lp.should be banned.for being such a fucked up album....(HOTTRASH).at its best. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

tempo2

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 03:37:36 AM »
i thought it was alrite but we know and he knows he can drop hotter shit than this