Author Topic: 11 states pass bans on same-sex unions  (Read 306 times)

Trauma-san

Re: 11 states pass bans on same-sex unions
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 02:30:28 PM »
I don't believe it's 5%, I believe it's also 1% in America. 

Anyways, this is the most stupid argument.  ONCE AGAIN, children have gotten Rights, and Freedom, confused with responsibility, and repurcussions for your actions. 

Nobody is having their rights taken away.  If I want to get married, I have to go find a woman.  It's like that for EVERYBODY, not just some.  To say that gays are discriminated against in that way, is ignorant.  I'm not allowed in a women's bathroom.  Does that mean I'm discriminated against? NO, that's just the way it is.  By GOD, By BIRTH, these things are such.

Marriage is rooted in religion, and creating a family.  The only purpose for it is to create a family unit, or to appear right in 'the eyes of God'.

Newsflash: People DON'T GET MARRIED so they can go see each other in hospital rooms! If you think that, you're an idiot.  People get married for religious reasons, and to start a family. 

Gay people can fuck.  They can live with each other from now on.  They can do whatever they want, love whoever they want, say what they want, do who they want, have whatever relationship they want to have... if it makes them happy, I'm all for it! Go for it, brother, be happy.

You can't get married though.  Neither can I, I can't marry a GUY, it's just not what "marriage" is!  That's not discriminatory. 

Even President Bush has said he supports civil unions.  It's obvious gays should have some legal status on equality with Marriage, so this is really all a big to do over a WORD. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2004, 02:35:57 PM »
I don't believe it's 5%, I believe it's also 1% in America. 

Anyways, this is the most stupid argument.  ONCE AGAIN, children have gotten Rights, and Freedom, confused with responsibility, and repurcussions for your actions. 

Nobody is having their rights taken away.  If I want to get married, I have to go find a woman.  It's like that for EVERYBODY, not just some.  To say that gays are discriminated against in that way, is ignorant.  I'm not allowed in a women's bathroom.  Does that mean I'm discriminated against? NO, that's just the way it is.  By GOD, By BIRTH, these things are such.

Marriage is rooted in religion, and creating a family.  The only purpose for it is to create a family unit, or to appear right in 'the eyes of God'.

Newsflash: People DON'T GET MARRIED so they can go see each other in hospital rooms! If you think that, you're an idiot.  People get married for religious reasons, and to start a family. 

Gay people can fuck.  They can live with each other from now on.  They can do whatever they want, love whoever they want, say what they want, do who they want, have whatever relationship they want to have... if it makes them happy, I'm all for it! Go for it, brother, be happy.

You can't get married though.  Neither can I, I can't marry a GUY, it's just not what "marriage" is!  That's not discriminatory. 

Even President Bush has said he supports civil unions.  It's obvious gays should have some legal status on equality with Marriage, so this is really all a big to do over a WORD. 

I'm down with that.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2004, 02:41:11 PM »

Separation of church and state should be preserved.  Amending the U.S. Constitution for religious reasons is wrong.  I understand these were states ammending their own constitutions... but the U.S. Constitution should be left alone.

If referring to those that disagree with you as "children" makes you feel superior to them, go right ahead... but that in itself seems pretty childish.

We just have a difference of opinion on this one.

Peace  8)   :cheers:

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2004, 02:43:43 PM »
^ I think nearly EVERYBODY is! That's why it's such a non-issue, to me at least.  Clearly something needs to be done to fill up the holes some of these people are falling through (having to pay more taxes, not being able to visit in hospital rooms, blah blah blah) but most of this is just over a word.  

Did yall know that many churches have a 'legal' definition of marriage, and a 'religious' definition of marriage?  Mormons, for instance, since I know so much about them, basically get married twice.  They have priests who have been legally certified to be able to legally bind people, and they also have the religious 'authority' to marry people.

What this means is, even all the churches see two types of union, one a spiritual, and one a legal.  The homosexuals should be allowed the legal, I believe most would agree with that... the problem is, though, that over the years, we've married so many people who aren't religious (which is fine! There's nothing wrong with that, and there's nothing wrong with them being legally married), that we've forgotten that there is a religious connotation to it.  

So now, when you bring up gay marriage, everybody goes "You can't! It's religious!" but that's also true of all the people who don't belong to any church or anything, that were married, in a religious ceremony, basically.  It's kind of hard to put into words, but I'm sure yall get what I'm getting at.  

I'll try to make it concise:

Two athiests, a man, and a woman, who get married, are the same as two homosexuals that get married.  They are both married outside of the church.

A priest or the religous right, would be fine with the athiest man and woman being married, but not with the gays, even though they're both married outside of the church.  That is an anomoly (my spelling is HORRIBLE today)...

A priest who's outraged over gays marrying, should be just as mad about athiests or non-practicing people getting married, it's the same thing.  Marriage as we know it involves a church....

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2004, 02:51:19 PM »
^ i think I know what you are trying to get at... you have some good points... I just don't fully agree.

peace  8)

Fathom

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2004, 07:20:51 PM »
and still you jack off to lesbians... hypocrite

I do? Since when? And what does masturbation have to do with marriage?

Personally I have no problem with civil unions but marriage is a religious ceremony, with religious backrounds. It needs to be preserved.
Where does 'the man' decide whats decent for the country.  The government is over its daily value of fat, and it needs to loose some weight.  If certain people want to say they're married let them if they don't push their life style on me I'm fine with it.