Author Topic: Get rich or die trying >>>> Encore  (Read 664 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Get rich or die trying >>>> Encore
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2004, 12:16:05 PM »
Masta T, thank you kindly.

Now to argue that the public doesn't think the Chronic is a classic, because they do. As for what I think of it, well here's what I said about production, the way you guys see it. (Because production isn't really "the beat", that's just what hip hop makes it seem like)

Musically Hip Hop sucks, always has. It was the lyrics, flow, delivery, and rhyme patterns that were supposed to be significant, not the beats. This is why I don't think Lil Wyte's album has the potential to be better than Em's. Lesser MCs can make better albums, but when one MC is light years worse than the other, it isn't possible in my eyes.

I say musically it's looped and replayed bits from old compositions from the 70s. So I will not say it's good musically because it wasn't original. However it was a lot more than instrumentals that made that album. Dr Dre and Snoop were the two prominent MCs on the album, and both are very goog at flow, delivery, and rhyme patterns. They weren't great at lyrics, and Dre wasn't even a lyricist, but doing amazing on the other 3 out of the 4 categories I require to consider something a classic, is enough for me to consider it a classic. When compared to Get Rich I think Chronic's lyrics are better (Lil Ghetto Boy), flow is better(Dre Day), Delivery is better (G THang), and I think the rhyme patterns are better (Nigga with a Gun, and all the crew songs). That's my opnion.

GangstaBoogy

Re: Get rich or die trying >>>> Encore
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2004, 02:54:11 PM »
lol Encore is weak and I am an Eminem fan. "Get Rich or Die Tryin" is way out of its league, 50 had his flow on point, and the beats knocked. Like someone already said, Eminem did too much accent rapping and singin.

"Spend Some Time" is gone be on repeat for a long time tho, I love that song already. Encore got about 5 good songs overall.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"