Author Topic: Predictions....  (Read 382 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Predictions....
« on: November 04, 2004, 03:58:43 PM »
Given GWB winning I will make some predictions.  Now that there are no excuses, what happens in this country is clearly the responsibility of GWB and the Republicans.  In a way it is good Bush won, because this time there will be no way to escape reality. When reality hits, the responsibility lies with those who chose Bush.  Anyways here are my predictions for the next few years:

1.  The economy will grow slowly for a bit, then inflation will hit, interest rates will rise, the US dollar will continue to drop and we will stay in recession. 
2.  Foreign Investment into the U.S. will stay at record lows.  It's already gone from 300 billion per year to 30 billion per year.  It may not go lower, but it will not rise substantially. This will further strain our economy.
3.  The country will become further and more bitterly divided.
4.  1000 more American soldiers will die in Iraq.
5.  The U.S. will lose the support of the U.K.
6.  International terrorist incidents will continue to increase.  Terrorist recruitment will continue to increase.
7.  Anti-Americanism will continue to increase and spread. 
8.  The poverty rate, and the gap between rich and poor will continue to increase.
9. Iran and North Korea will become nuclear powers.
10.  Some moderate republicans will switch parties.
11.  GWB will eventually have stunningly low approval ratings.
11.  Republicans will become hated at home, and abroad.   

Other Possibilities:

1.  Oil will approach $100 per barrell; gas will approach $5 per gallon.
2.  The republican party will have their own civil war, and will return to their roots in 2008, and do their best to distance themselves from GWB. 

Obviously these all won't happen.  I could have been more cautious and omitted some to be more precise.  But we'll see if i'm right in 2 years maybe.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 03:47:16 PM by Ant »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Predictions....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:21:39 PM »
I have doubts about your "other possibilities" section, but everything else seems fairly realistic under this administration
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 06:31:55 PM »
I wouldn't doubt it.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 06:59:07 PM »
BTW....

While its been mentioned ofter.  I don't expect a draft.

Also, I expect Bush to go 'soft' on terrorism.  He will pull out of Iraq under some pretense of 'victory' after we launch a massive attack on fallujah maybe.  After that, the U.S. media will stop covering it and it will end up like Afghan where we all pretend we won something.  Meanwhile more hostages are still being taken in Afghan, and Afghanistan is supplying 70% of the world's opium. 

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 12:22:28 PM »

Also, I expect Bush to go 'soft' on terrorism.  He will pull out of Iraq under some pretense of 'victory' after we launch a massive attack on fallujah maybe.  After that, the U.S. media will stop covering it and it will end up like Afghan where we all pretend we won something. 

Pentagon officials have said that when they win the battle in Fallujah it wont be the end to the Iraq War. The propose of going into Fallujah is to take controll of the city and let local officials and government run the city so their could be elections in January.

Also, we did win something in Afghanistan. We took away the Taliban government, more then 75% of Al-Qaeda is gone, and they had successful elections.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 12:28:25 PM »
75% of known terrorists leaders are gone.  The key word is known.  Overall terrorist recruitment is on the rise.

The drug trade and terrorism are linked.  We just made opium the number one industry in afganistan.  Yes we had elections, and yadda yadda, but how can you call a country supplying 70% of the world's opium, a successful democracy?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 01:44:10 PM »

Also, I expect Bush to go 'soft' on terrorism.  He will pull out of Iraq under some pretense of 'victory' after we launch a massive attack on fallujah maybe.  After that, the U.S. media will stop covering it and it will end up like Afghan where we all pretend we won something. 

Pentagon officials have said that when they win the battle in Fallujah it wont be the end to the Iraq War. The propose of going into Fallujah is to take controll of the city and let local officials and government run the city so their could be elections in January.

Also, we did win something in Afghanistan. We took away the Taliban government, more then 75% of Al-Qaeda is gone, and they had successful elections.

u mean they will gain control of some rubble there won't be a city there anymore

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 01:46:36 PM »
so true.

They have tons of air support and tanks ready to fire on the city.

Funny thing that our government seems to forget, is that these cities still have innocent civillians living there.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 02:19:08 PM »
^^ if you realize stuff like that why do you like bush so much?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 02:41:52 PM »
so true.

They have tons of air support and tanks ready to fire on the city.

Funny thing that our government seems to forget, is that these cities still have innocent civillians living there.

Well the funny thing is that our government and military has told all civilinas who want to leave the city to do so before we invade the city and kill the terrorists.

u mean they will gain control of some rubble there won't be a city there anymore

Its not like were gonna nuke the whole damn place...Their is still gonna be much of the city left.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »
we've killed 100,000 civilians in iraq.  that doesnt include the count of people with missing body parts.  or the number of people who are homeless because we blew up their house.  where do you expect these people to go who were told to leave?

you wonder why there is a resistance, where the insurgents came from.  100k dead civilians with living brothers, fathers, cousins and plenty more with missing body parts, severe injuries, or destroyed homes... thats why they are still fighting us.

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 03:04:33 PM »
we've killed 100,000 civilians in iraq.  that doesnt include the count of people with missing body parts.  or the number of people who are homeless because we blew up their house.  where do you expect these people to go who were told to leave?

you wonder why there is a resistance, where the insurgents came from.  100k dead civilians with living brothers, fathers, cousins and plenty more with missing body parts, severe injuries, or destroyed homes... thats why they are still fighting us.

There has been approximelty 14,000 - 17,000 Iraquis killed in Iraq according to the Iraqui Governemnt.
Those numbers include the Terrorists and civilians.

100,000 people ::)
You got your facts all screwed up

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 03:33:06 PM »
PARIS, Oct. 28 - An estimated 100,000 civilians have died in Iraq as a direct or indirect consequence of the March 2003 United States-led invasion, according to a new study by a research team at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/29/international/europe/29casualties.html

your thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2004, 03:39:14 PM by Ant »

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 02:19:33 PM »
PARIS, Oct. 28 - An estimated 100,000 civilians have died in Iraq as a direct or indirect consequence of the March 2003 United States-led invasion, according to a new study by a research team at the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.

your thoughts?

NY Times...LoL

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 02:32:34 PM »

your thoughts?

NY Times...LoL

What does that have anything to do with the FACT that over 100,000 innocent civilians have died? You mentally challenged dipshit