Author Topic: a summary of the new snoop album from a nonhater. open your minds people!  (Read 364 times)

So Much Style

1. Drop It Like It's Hot (featuring Pharrell)- Produced by The Neptunes 3.5 - decent track, when i first heard it i thought it was pretty shitty but couldnt stop listening to it, now i like it. the bridge is tight as fuck. (rolee on my arm and im pourin..."

2. Can U Control Ya Hoe (featuring Soopafly)- Produced by LT Hutton 3.5 - pimp ass track, im really feelin the beat, but once again snoop doesnt rap over a tight as track (the boss would to see you on last meal), still a pretty cool song.

3. The Bidness- Produced by Soopafly
4.5 hot ass song, best snoop flow in a LONG TIME. ive been trying to figure out who ghost wrote this for him, prolly my main man soopafly. tight.

4. Let's Get Blown- Produced by The Neptunes
3.5 -nice song, real smooth. i like the chorus, this is gonna be the second single i think.

5. Ups & Downs- Produced by Warryn Campbell
4 i REALLY like this chorus, snoops singing has improved. listening to this and the last song makes me wanna light up a bowl of some chron

6. Stay- Produced by Jelly Roll
-3 cool beat, i like the added "badadada", smooth song but not as good as ups and downs

7. Girl Like U (featuring Nelly)- Produced by LT Hutton
1.0 skip, i left this feces off the cd

8. Promise I- Produced by Denaun Porter
3.5 -average track. decent beat. decent lyrics.

9. Signs (featuring Charlie Wilson & Justin Timberlake)- Produced by the Neptunes 4.5
HOT ASS TRACK! you are either going to give in and love this song or hate the fuck out of it. i relize if this was a year ago i would have hated this but i learned to like this kind of music (no homo)

10. Perfect (featuring Charlie Wilson)- Produced by The Neptunes
2.5 beautiful except wack. not incredibly wack, just wack.

11. Step Yo Game Up (featurning Lil Jon & Trina)- Produced by Lil Jon
4.5 i dotn know why this says lil jon and trina, im guessing 2 versions of thsi song were made, and daz' version made the cd. daz provides a hot ass beat except the drums can get annoying. tight song though.

12. Pass It Pass It- Produced by The Neptunes
4 i love pharells part on the chorus on this. good song, sounds good in a system.

13. Fresh Pair Of Panties o-n- Produced by Ole Folks
3.0 just decent. i usually skip
14. Can I Get A Flicc Witchyu (featurning Bootsy Collins)- Produced by Josef
3.5 same as last song, except the beat is alittle better
15. I'm Threw Witchyu- Produced by Warryn Campbell
2.5 wack...depressing melody. skip, unless high.
16. No Thing o-n Me (featuring Bootsy Collins)- Produced by Hi-Tek 5 hot ass track! this brings back 70's soul and funk to the fullest and this song cant be denied by anyone as being tight. snoop sounds great on it. AWESOME.
17. No Sticks No Seeds- Produced by Ole Folks
3.5 good lyrics, shitty beat
18. I Miss You- Produced by Warryn Campbell
4.5 if i have my tracklist int he correct order "show you all the special things that we had" chorus....than this song is hot as fuck. "coooomeeee wiiiiith meeeee" i love it. great lyrics and beat. good way to finish the album

-overall...im gonna have to give this a 3.75 ....EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon and decided to hate this album prematurely, but if you like chill music or smoking bud then you should enjoy this album. its obvious snoop was going for a "concept album" or sorts and hit the nail right on the head. This = last meal to me for his 3rd best album behind doggystyle and doggfather. very solid effort. im proud of him for not making a flaming piece of shit.
\

*prepares for hate.

So much style back at it again

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: a summary of the new snoop album from a nonhater. open your minds people!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 06:20:08 PM »
see its so funny.. the new eminem album sucks.. and i get caleld a hater.. so im wondering what a hater is.. someone that doesnt enjoy terrible music?? cause thats wat it seems to be

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 06:22:24 PM »

-overall...im gonna have to give this a 3.75 ....EVERYONE jumped on the bandwagon and decided to hate this album prematurely, but if you like chill music or smoking bud then you should enjoy this album. its obvious snoop was going for a "concept album" or sorts and hit the nail right on the head.

Couldn't agree more

So Much Style

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 06:31:51 PM »
see its so funny.. the new eminem album sucks.. and i get caleld a hater.. so im wondering what a hater is.. someone that doesnt enjoy terrible music?? cause thats wat it seems to be

naw, i understand hating the eminem album. i like it cause its funny to me and his flow is still off the hook. yes it is bullshit compared to what he is capable of but whatever, accept it for what it is i guess. now this snoop album is some sserious chill shit and i dont see why EVERYONE is hating on it, its rediculous.
So much style back at it again

BL7

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 07:57:20 PM »
The album's cool, but not as good as his last one. "The Bidness" is by far the best song on there! You can tell that Soopa wrote his rhymes. Soopafly should've had more production, too, he always brings heat. There are some really good beats, but Snoop ruins some of 'em. Still, I don't think it's a bad album.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 08:02:15 PM »
the other thing you gotta remember is that there are like 4 songs on the advance that are not on the cd and will be replaced, i don't know what they'll be like but if they are tight this album becomes a shit load better
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 10:39:21 PM »
is come with me on there? cuz that shits one of the best songs on there

Joe-Thee

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 07:42:44 AM »
as a summary you can tell that Snoop definately not didnt get WSCs message....

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 07:52:54 AM »
the last song is my fav.. i think..

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 11:39:22 AM »
does anyone else find it ironic that Snoop has a track on here called Step Ya Game Up...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 11:57:25 AM »

No A hater is someone who consistantly hates an artist, because the artist isnt putting out the specific type of music he wants to hear from the artist.  Lets say I love gangster shit.  Thats all I listen too.  Anytime Snoop puts out tracks with Neptunes, I hate on it because it isnt gangster shit.  I cant take the song for what it is, and analyze whether its a good song, or bad song.  I just immediately hate on it, because it isnt the exact type of song I want to hear.