Author Topic: Stephen Hawking Accuses the US of War Crimes  (Read 266 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Stephen Hawking Accuses the US of War Crimes
« on: November 05, 2004, 11:48:13 PM »
Stephen Hawking is regarded as the World's Greatest Physicist. 
His website can be found here: http://www.hawking.org.uk/home/hindex.html

LONDON (AP) - Britain's most famous scientist, Stephen Hawking, condemned the U.S. led invasion of Iraq as a "war crime" and said Tuesday it was based on lies.

The physicist spoke at an anti-war demonstration in London's Trafalgar Square timed to coincide with the U.S. election. Protesters read out the names of thousands of Iraqis and coalition troops killed since the March 2003 invasion.

"The war was based on two lies," said Hawking. "The first was we were in danger of weapons of mass destruction and the second was that Iraq was somehow to blame for Sept. 11.

"It has been a tragedy for all the families that have lost members. As many as 100,000 people have died, half of them women and children. If that is not a war crime, what is?"

Hawking, the best-selling author of "A Brief History Of Time," was joined by other public figures. Similar events were being held in Spain, Italy, Australia, the United States and Iraq.

"Our message to the U.S. is that the war is illegal and unnecessary, and we want our troops to come home," said Andrew Burgin, a spokesman for demonstration organizer Stop the War Coalition. "We also want to highlight the enormous number of Iraqis killed in this conflict who are so often ignored."

In Trafalgar Square, hundreds of spectators holding candles or placards opposing President Bush listened as speakers read the names of the dead while their images were projected onto a large screen.

One group of students from London's Imperial College waved anti-Bush signs, hoping to send a message to U.S. voters.

"If enough people show up tonight at the demonstration, I think a few more voters might notice what we're saying," said Emma Thomson, a student from Scotland who said she was able to cast a vote in Pennsylvania because she was born there.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Stephen Hawking Accuses the US of War Crimes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2004, 05:07:00 AM »
"The war was based on two lies," said Hawking. "The first was we were in danger of weapons of mass destruction and the second was that Iraq was somehow to blame for Sept. 11.

Where did he get that from?  Is he just making an assumption?
The administration never actually linked Iraq to the attacks of September 11.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2004, 05:09:00 AM »

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2004, 05:13:05 AM »
Wait a minute, Heres a question.

Do i even care what he thinks about Bush?

No.

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2004, 05:15:56 AM »
^ someones in a pissy mood...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 05:22:41 AM »
how come no intelligent dudes stands up for Bush?

oh, cross that we all know why.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 05:25:02 AM »

7EVEN... what are you saying? Did you forget about that genius that posts here?... Rampant....

LMFAO

tommyilromano

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 06:07:09 AM »
You do know no one cares..right???

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 06:11:18 AM »
No not at all. I just assumed that when kerry lost ant would end these pointless articles about john kerry and people who speak out against bush. Kerry lost. Bush won. Its over.

tommyilromano

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 06:24:28 AM »
No not at all. I just assumed that when kerry lost ant would end these pointless articles about john kerry and people who speak out against bush. Kerry lost. Bush won. Its over.

Agreed.. People should know when they have lost... or at least know when to shut up.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 06:25:57 AM »

Where did he get that from?  Is he just making an assumption?
The administration never actually linked Iraq to the attacks of September 11.
maybe not directly but the administration linked terrorists to iraq before they were there, and they let the american people think iraq was to blame and never corrected them

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Thirteen

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 08:20:16 AM »

but arnold would fucking curb stomp Hawking any day of the week

put your mouth on the cuuuuuuurb stephen

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2004, 08:21:06 AM »
^LMAO... hahhahahahahaha

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 11:09:39 AM »
maybe not directly but the administration linked terrorists to iraq before they were there

Terrorists were linked to Iraq before the Bush adminitration.  In 1999 a senior Clinton administration counterterrorism official said that the U.S. government was "sure" Iraq had supported Al Qaeda chemical weapons programs.

and they let the american people think iraq was to blame and never corrected them

Okay, people can assume what they want, they still didn't make that claim.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2004, 12:55:28 PM »
To all those who continue to bitching.  Stop complaining your candidate won.  If you don't want to read my posts there is a simple solution.  Just don't read them.  Are you all slow?  No one requires you to click the link.

Some people like them, others don't.  Just because its frustrating to find out that your president is the least respected president in American history doesn't mean you should censor all that information.

To the person who said, who cares about stephen hawking.  Thats like saying who cares about einstein?  Hawking is a well respected figure in the UK and worldwide.  If you remember correctly the UK is our ally and so far to date:

1. The PMs wife came out criticizing Bush.
2. European newspapers ran articles like "how can 59 million americans be so dumb" the next day.
3. the UKs greatest scientists is now accusing us of war crimes.
4. only 27% of the UK wanted Bush reelected.

How much longer do you think Tony Blair is gonna have our back for?