Author Topic: Eminem...what a list of garbage albums by him  (Read 777 times)

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
Re: Eminem...what a list of garbage albums by him
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2004, 01:24:38 PM »
SSLP is his best.

DAYUM

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2004, 02:09:01 PM »
damn i just noticed ya'll are fuckin losers... who cares encore sucked we know it lol

SGV

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2004, 02:15:44 PM »
The Fix was wack as fuck!!! To this day, I do NOT see the hype around that album.

Last Of A Dying Breed knocked front to back.

Technical skills Chino is better than Em. 2Mex is better. So is: Gza, Gift Of Gab, Canibus, Myka Nyne, Ras Kass, Aceyalone, Chali 2na, etc. etc.

Overall, Eminem could NEVER see Face or Cube. NEVER. Face & Cube Solo's >>>>>>> Em Solos. Get Boyz & N.W.A. & Westside Connection albums >>>>> D-12 albums. Em is NOT all that. Nowhere near goat.

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »
The Fix was wack as fuck!!! To this day, I do NOT see the hype around that album.

I never thought I would see that said.  The Fix is an excellent album.
Last Of A Dying Breed is very solid also.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

pappy

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2004, 02:49:36 PM »
I always felt the MMLP was his best album, but his best song is rock bottom.  Hell rock bottom is better than most songs every other rapper in the game makes.  Too bad em dont make tracks like this no more.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2004, 02:50:39 PM »
Em to me is a decent artist. Any rapper with his track record would be happy. This is how I think he stacks against the others who can claim, best rapper alive, though I don't think Eminem is on that list, we'll see how I rate them. This is not to be taken personally, it's just me, not no one else.

Infinite - 4.5
Slim Shady LP - 3 (I know people will hate that, but I only liked a few tracks)
MM LP - 4 (but replay value for me sucked after a month)
Eminem Show - 3.5 (half the songs annoyed the crap outta me, half I though were very good)
Encore - have no fucken clue, not interested.

compare to the other top commercial rappers, all ratings in my opinion

Snoop

Doggystyle - 5
Doggfater - 3.5
The Game... - 3
Top Dogg - 4 (I loved it, and it's replay value to me is still going strong after 5 years)
Last Meal - 4 (half classic, half ass)
Pay The Cost... - 3.5
R&G - have a feeling it will not be that good, still buy it 'cause i still love Snoop

Nas

Illmatic - 5
It Was Written - 4.5
... I Am - 4
Nastradamus - 3
Stillmatic - 5
God's Son - 4
Street's Disciple - Sounding very good

Scarface

The Diary - 5
Mr. Scarface is Back - I'll be honest, I haven't heard it completely yet... on buy this next pay check list though.
Untouchable - Look up top, was a bad period not to be 2Pac in my life between 95-97. And this CD had 2Pac... lol
My Homies - 3.5 (too many fillers, no replay value for me, maybe I should relistent to it if I ever buy it again)
Last of a Dying Breed - 3.5 (Wasn't feeling it too much, should relisten to it I guess)
The Fix - 4.5

Ice Cube -

AmeriKKKa'z Most Wanted - 5
Death Certifiate - 5
The Preditor - 4.5
Leathal Injection - 4.5
The War Disc - 4
The Peace Disc - 3

Jay-Z

Reasonable Doubt - 5
Vol. 1 - 4
Vol. 2 - 4
Vol. 3 - 3.5
Dynasty - 3
Blueprint - 5 (ok, I'll admit, I thought it was classic, in 2001 I was just hating)
The Gift and The Curse - 3
Black Album - 4.5

All this is just me. I have to go back and buy some old Scarface I guess... and get back some old CDs I've lost to relisten to it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2004, 02:52:59 PM »
I always felt the MMLP was his best album, but his best song is rock bottom.  Hell rock bottom is better than most songs every other rapper in the game makes.  Too bad em dont make tracks like this no more.

Mockingbird kind of reminds me of Rock Bottom. That's why it' my favourite song on the album.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2004, 05:26:35 PM »
I stopped reading at "Apart form his frist and onyl worth listening to album, which is infinite".
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Doggystylin

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2004, 09:30:26 PM »

Mockingbird kind of reminds me of Rock Bottom. That's why it' my favourite song on the album.

How? lol 2 totally different topics, and the topic and the darkness of rock bottom is what made it so great. Mockingbird is a hailie song.

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 04:22:53 AM »
How on earth can you say TMMLP was just a mediocre album?

Sikx

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • pulu<3hewi
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 08:30:10 AM »
How on earth can you say TMMLP was just a mediocre album?
cos he is one of these haters, if rapper sells good and is commerical, he automaticly sucks, no matter what he makes. and only the album what he made b4 came commercial is gift from god. ::) these kinda topics r so stubid, cos every1 has their own oppinion, and i dont give a fuck what u think is scarfaces or nas's best album.

imo every rapper would b happy to have eminem's discography, trust me.

SGV

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 09:19:20 AM »

cos he is one of these haters, if rapper sells good and is commerical, he automaticly sucks, no matter what he makes. and only the album what he made b4 came commercial is gift from god. ::) these kinda topics r so stubid, cos every1 has their own oppinion, and i dont give a fuck what u think is scarfaces or nas's best album.

imo every rapper would b happy to have eminem's discography, trust me.
Says the man with Shady/Aftermath in his sig. LOL.

MMLP had only a few good tracks. "Stan," "Kim," and like 2 or 3 more. I don't see how it was "amazing."

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 09:39:28 AM »

How? lol 2 totally different topics, and the topic and the darkness of rock bottom is what made it so great. Mockingbird is a hailie song.

Because it's a song about his life that sounds real. Almost every other song he does about his personal life sounds fake or an extention of the truth. Cleaning Out My Clost was good, but songs like Kim, Soldier, Marshall Mathers (the song), and The Way I Am, all sound fake. I like those songs (except for Kim), but in songs like Rock Bottom, If I Had, and Mockingbird it sounds like it's really him, and not some character he creates a rap alter ego.

The line from "Kill You" always gets me; "They said I can't rap about bein broke no more, They ain't say I can't rap about coke no more". This is the line he needs to forget. If he forgets this he'll have something to rap about. Just because he isn't poor doesn't mean he can't rap about what it was like, and is like being poor. He must have a million stories that he hasn't told, and he's shown in the past that he knows how to tell them. Nas and Jay Z rapped about the streets years after they left them. Bob Dylan was doing songs about the poor well after he became rich, and Bruce Springsteen makes 100 million a tour singing about the poor and heart broken. Bruce is both very rich and very happy with a wife and kids. This didn't stop him from making a 5 star album about loss and struggle in 2002. Why can't Em relive the bad years in his songs, or just tell stories about characters that use real life occurances? The answer is he can, and the sooner he does the better his music will be.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 09:50:40 AM by Shallow »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 09:45:08 AM »

Last Of A Dying Breed knocked front to back.

Technical skills Chino is better than Em. 2Mex is better. So is: Gza, Gift Of Gab, Canibus, Myka Nyne, Ras Kass, Aceyalone, Chali 2na, etc. etc.

Overall, Eminem could NEVER see Face or Cube. NEVER. Face & Cube Solo's >>>>>>> Em Solos. Get Boyz & N.W.A. & Westside Connection albums >>>>> D-12 albums. Em is NOT all that. Nowhere near goat.

1. The Fix was wack? Ok, it's your opinion, i wonder what it's based on. "Safe", "In Cold Blood", "In Between Us", "My Block", "Guess Who's Back"...that's incredibly far from wack, but ok, if it is for you i'll accept that. Last Of A Dying Breed was very decent, but few tracks really gave me the urge to bump em again after a few listens

2. Ras Kass ain't better, his flow really ain't all that. Or do you think the flow on songs like "On Earth As It Is...", "Soul On Ice" or whatever can touch Em's flow on "Role Model" or "Hellbound"?? And his lyricism is overrated too, he knows big words, but IMO there's more to being a great lyricist than what he comes up with

3. No, Em can't touch Cube's or Face's catalog. Never

SGV

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 11:03:42 AM »
I think I liked 2 songs on The Fix. Nothing on that album made me go   :o

I dig Rassy's flow on Soul On Ice. Plus, Eminem can never make "Interview With A Vampire" or "Nature Of A Threat." That's why Ras >>> Em.