Author Topic: Why do U think the murder rate is so high in America?  (Read 278 times)

Jome

Re: Why do U think the murder rate is so high in America?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 10:17:52 PM »
Crime/Murder in U.S. discussed without anybody getting over-defensive  :o :o :o

Thanks for those stats Dangerfield... some interesting shit.

Yeah.

That graph Engel posted is kinda funny though..
There's more and more violent crime in U.K., but less people own guns now.........
It would be interesting to see the people killed/hurt statistics compared to those graphs, I guess less guns would mean less deadly violent crime..

Acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 11:49:10 PM »
I don't think the accessablility has a whole lot to do with it, but I'm sure it does affect it someway.  People are gonna get around it.  I mean do you seriously think there are people out there who think "well I want to kill this person, but I don't have access to a gun....hmmm....I guess this person can live."  I doubt it.

I don't know what it is.  I think it is a whole blend of problems in general.  access to guns, the way people are raised, the environment you grow up in, your social skills, your monetary problems, emotions, fits of rage, and more.  I think they all add up to it.

I really don't know anything about any other country, but I would maybe say that a lot of american's really don't have many values and morals these days.

Don Seer

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2004, 04:52:38 AM »
i disagree.. accessibility is a huge part..

look at what i said above, and what jamal said.. he said he can get a gun quick if he wanted one.. whereas i said i cant even get one no matter how much money i have.

i dont understand why you americans dont get it... we dont have guns.. our police dont carry guns.. they dont need to!

we have armed units for each area as gun crime is so uncommon!

the way criminals used to get shotguns/rifiles is by stealing them from someones home.. this is why the locked cabinet/gun club rule ka rule mentioned has been introduced. handguns have -never- been legal here.

i hear that the way handguns are getting onto the streets now is either by smuggling, or by people buying disabled guns from abroad and getting them reenabled (adding a new firing pin..)

like i said.. i doubt i have ever seen a real live handgun in my life.. well not inside this country anyways.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 04:59:35 AM by Overseer »

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2004, 05:35:27 AM »
Well... what leads someone to kill another human being?
- The way they were raised? (possibly)
- The availabilty of weapons? (possibly)
- The amount of Television they watch? (possibly)
- The music they listen too? (possibly)
- What happened to them as children? (possibly)
- The amount of violence they were exposed to? (possibly)

Why does america have the highest murder rate? There are so many possiblities... It doesnt really matter... What do the people of America plan to do about it?
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 06:51:40 AM »
whats are the gun laws like down under etiquette?

etiquette

• Lil Geezy
  • The woman with the tattooed hands
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2004, 07:21:13 AM »
Our laws severely restrict the private possesion of firearms in Australia, All gun club members must be registered, and all self-loading centre rifles and shot guns are banned. Licensing is a prerequisite to firearm possession and must meet storage standards....

Bleh... Not like many of us have/use guns, extremely rare...... I haven't even seen one before
Remember that sometimes heads nod to hip hop simply because it's good music.

"If the facts don't fit the theory, Change the facts" .Albert Einstein

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2004, 08:14:44 AM »
so not much different than it is in england then. :)

C-Swift

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2004, 08:18:43 AM »
Ignorance is the reason why because folks feel that the only way to solve shit is by murder, what ever happened to talking shit out and not wasting a clip?

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2004, 04:19:56 PM »
Gun Ownership is not the problem...I can tell you that rite now because in Brazil we have one of the highest murder rates(over 45,000p year) and guns are illegal and if you get caught with one your gunna get at least 4-6 years in jail

Doggystylin

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2004, 04:55:05 PM »
Guns could be a big part of the problem but its the mentality of the person thats fucked. WHY do we have so many violent minded people is the question. If someone wants to kill, they will kill with or without a gun. FIX THE MENTALITY

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2004, 07:22:29 PM »
1 out of 133 people will die by homicide

thats kinda scarry