Author Topic: does social class exist in America?  (Read 715 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: does social class exist in America?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 09:42:54 PM »
good shit, y'all came thru wit this......especially jamal. *hits props button*

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2004, 09:58:34 PM »
I'm right in the middle, so I don't feel any social class effects. You don't see too many impoverished people talking to big CEO's though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 10:08:30 PM »
my view on this is, ofcourse there's a social class, whoever says there isn't is an idiot and hasn't been in a real society....but most times in the majority of neighbourhoods there is no class to the naked eye, muthafucaz sittin on 24s can be broke as fuc and no one would guess it....I said majority because there still is some neighbourhoods that social class is easy to spot, like for example, U would quickly spot an Oakland lower class type of dood in a place like Bel Air or somethin and vice versa....unless that person disguises himself. I dunno....there's alot of different angles to this issue.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2004, 02:12:37 AM »
but most times in the majority of neighbourhoods there is no class to the naked eye, muthafucaz sittin on 24s can be broke as fuc and no one would guess it....

The beauty of credit...

Acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 02:31:03 AM »
^ you're talking about material wealth as the measure of class..

but thats not the only indicator...

you can be upper class.. and be poor as shit ;)

wtf are you talking about?  the only distinguishing factor on class is your wealth.  and of course social class exists in america, and the gap between the wealthy and poor is just getting bigger and bigger, with less and less middle class.

class has nothing to do with anything but wealth.  You cannot be upper class and be poor as shit.  if you are poor as shit then you are lower class, hence the name, "lower class"

why would someone be considered upper class if they were poor as shit?  wtf would make them "upper"?